Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hank

ISTANBUL OLYMPICS IN THE NEAR FUTURE

I've been to Istanbul and it certainly was a beautiful city. The people were very warm and friendly and the city has definitely benefited from it's Olympic Bids and improved infrastructure projects.

I would like to see the Games go to Istanbul one day, but I doubt that it will happen anytime before 2020 or 2024. In the meantime, if Istanbul continues to improve it's infrastructure, then it will stand a greater chance of winning a Bid.

:D

flamepassionist1rg.gif

the pyromaniac's logo  :)

the idea is quite good but you should reduce the fire.. it seems something which is burning rather than an olympic flame..

your logo doesn't show the link between the 2 continents..

I like the idea of a bicontinental bid.. :love:

Okay, I'm confused. Is Turkey really wanting to bid for the WINTER Olympics? I thought the country wanted to host the summer one so much. Just curious, that's all.

INTRODUCTION

a Motivation of istanbul

Istanbul is one of the largest and fastest growing cities in the world. The Olympic Games would accerate its sustainable development.

Secondly, each edition of the Olympic Games incorparates a local flavor in acknowledges it as a part of Olympic universalism. The local in Istanbul is so often universal tht the recognition of the city's unique contribution has far reaching implications for a more wholesome outlook on Olymism.

1- Istanbul Games would claim for Olympism a universal heritage of diverse cultures that history has built (christianity, islam and judism)  into this city. Istanbul is certainly a historic and cultural icon.

2- Istanbul Games would showcase also the Olympic values of non-discrimination, peace and tolerance that the city has sustained for centuries and makes visible to the naked eye..

3- The heart of a country that is predominantly moslem and dedicated to seculr parliamentary democracy beats in Istanbul, in an era when "conflict of civilsations" receives frequent reference, Istanbul Games will challenge the conflict and create an awareness of the bridge between civilazations.

the term "Istanbul and the Olympic Games" signifies culture sustained, tradition conveyed and history revived, all at once.

Sounds like you should be on the organising commitee, you could make it happen  :;):

I made a comment in your logo:

Something is burning..and i belive its Istanbul chances.. :laughlong:

Yes I saw it...

and that one is a pure coincidance...  :Oo:

I didnt think about Madrid's logo when I designed it..

it is designed in a whole flame concept .. with a

I made a comment in your logo:

Something is burning..and i belive its Istanbul chances.. :laughlong:

Yes I saw it...

and that one is a pure coincidance...  :oo:

I didnt think about Madrid's logo when I designed it..

it is designed in a whole flame concept .. with a touch in it of the skyline of Istanbul : the top of a mosque.. to imagine it..

And if you are in the middle of the bosphorus .. you will see this skyline at a red'ish sky by sunfall ..

AND THAT IS THE OLYMPIC FLAME PASSION AT THE CONTINENTS WHERE ALL CULTURES ARE COMIN' TOGETHER ..

istanbul is an icon in this case.. and Istanbul is the heritage of all the people of all the world.. Olympic Spirit lives in this TIMELESS CITY more than at the first bid in 2000...

We want it.. Istanbul 2016 is comin' .. towards everybody..

High over the flame..

there is always a passion in this game..

High over the blue

there is an olympic stadium waiting for you

High over the green

there will be always a spirit in this dream..

Europe-Asia.. no continental rumour.. two continents at one.. One city .. Historical background.. in a superb new plan..

the oriental flavour passioned with spirit of sports..

unforgetable.. wait and see... you will remark my words;.

Africa.. and Latin-America .. are just not ready for it.. in my view.. This time Turkey is going to work on it.. Istanbul is comin' in a  bloomin'fantastic way ...

wait and see!!!

yea but you have failed to leave out North America....I am sorry but Istanbul has an even less chance in my opinion of landing 2016 then they did 2012....for very obvious reasons....

BBC's TOP 50 PLACES TO SEE BEFORE YOU DIE (November 2002)

Here are the top ten:

1. The Grand Canyon

2. Great Barrier Reef

3. Disney World, Florida

4. South Island, New Zealand

5. Cape Town

6. Golden Temple

7. Las Vegas

8. Sydney

9. New York

10. Taj Mahal

top ranked cities: cape town,las vegas, sydney, new york full stop

CAPE TOWN 2016 the dark horse if they bid?

Here are the top ten:

1. The Grand Canyon

2. Great Barrier Reef

3. Disney World, Florida

5. Cape Town

6. Golden Temple

7. Las Vegas

8. Sydney

9. New York

10. Taj Mahal

top ranked cities: cape town,las vegas, sydney, new york full stop

CAPE TOWN 2016 the dark horse if they bid?

yes...I think Cape Town and a strong South American city with a strong bid this time, will both be black horses in this race....you just never know.....

Do you believe in that list  :Oo:  :laugh:

that list ist just utter crap Anglo-Saxon viewed list of the bbc.. And there are just places that are just more precious and of a huge value to visit them..

1-Aya Sophia

2-Dubai

3-lourdes

4-Galapagos Islands

5-Manchu Pichu

6-Oresundsbron

7-...

and so on.. eveyone can make such a list..

the list you gave is not repetitive enough or it isnt relevant enough??? so... there you go with you cape town??  :shocked:  :help:

Here are the top ten:

1. The Grand Canyon

2. Great Barrier Reef

3. Disney World, Florida

5. Cape Town

6. Golden Temple

7. Las Vegas

8. Sydney

9. New York

10. Taj Mahal

a part Grand Canyon, New Zealand, and the great barrier reef there are so many things on which discuss..

WHRE'RE EUROPE AND SOUTH AMERICA?

I HEARD IT ON THE NEWS AT CCNTURK AND NTV (2 major private news channels..) that the Mayor of Istanbul mister GÜLER is preparing for a powerful bid for istanbul 2016 ...

so we are again on the run.. :wink:  :wwww:

i will feedback this issue... when I get evoluating new in this case to inform.. from the first hand..

greetz from Belgium

fatixxx ...

the farthest I see Istanbul getting for 2016 is MAYBE the shortlist...other then that, they are very unlikely to win....

I HEARD IT ON THE NEWS AT CCNTURK AND NTV (2 major private news channels..) that the Mayor of Istanbul mister GÜLER is preparing for a powerful bid for istanbul 2016 ...

WELL BUGGER ME! I didn't see that one coming!  :laughlong:

the farthest I see Istanbul getting for 2016 is MAYBE the shortlist...other then that, they are very unlikely to win....

EVEN IT IS THE SHORTLIST...

YOU WILL SEE THE IMPROVEMENTS..

THE BRITTISH DELEGATION AND ROGGE INVITED THE TURKISH OLYMPIC COMITTEE TO EXPERIECE HOW LONDON AND PARIS ARE DOING IT WITH PRESENTATING THEIR BID..

SO ROGGE IS EVEN CONVINCED OF THE FACT THAT ISTANBUL WILL BRING A STRONG AND ENTHOUSIASTIC BID + ORGANISATION IN THE NEAR FUTURE..

TURKEY IS AN ATLETHE IN THE STADIUM JUST AS OTHER CITIES;;   MAY THE BEST (AT EVERY ISSUE IN THE BID) WIN ..

and SOW.. DONT BE SO PESSIMISTIC ABOUT OUR BELOVED ISTANBUL WILL YAH ---> SOW : YOU ARE A OLYMPIC BID AT YOURSELF.. YOU ARE BRINGING ALSO GOOD AND REASONABLE COMMENTS ON ISSUES .. SO AS A FEW OTHERS ONES TOO  :wink:

THNX FOLX i LOVE U ALL :wink:  :Oo:

don't get me wrong....I was mad when Istanbul didn't get shortlisted for 2012...I would have loved to see them get farther....

but I think it is time for Istanbul to start getting the drift from their THREE consecutive previous Olympic failures, and maybe take a break...

If the Games were destined for Europe in 2016 then I would say definately go for it....but the fact is the Games are very unlikely to go to Europe in 2016.....

I think the best thing for Istanbul would be to sit 2016 out, and return for 2020, 2024, etc. when it is Europe's turn, and take their break and really go all out and polish up thier bid....that would be the best for them, rather then just randomly bidding again for 2016, with the odds against them more then they were even in the past....

don't get me wrong....I was mad when Istanbul didn't get shortlisted for 2012...I would have loved to see them get farther....

thanx SOW.. for your honnest comment  :down:

i'm emontionally now at the moment after what your wrote..

and you 've got indeed a point..

know at 25th July 2005 an commision of the IAAF met in Istanbul..

to see and examinate the venue of Sinan Erdem Dome (capacity 20.000) for the indoor european Athletics in 2009..

exterior sseen.. its a superb building. with style

inerior seeen.. its a mess.

but these organisations will help the bid for experiance huge organisations.. so . indeed 2016< .?. somewhere..

thx ..  :)

SOWW...

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS LOGO..

made myself ofcourse;..

istanbul002br.gif

I thaught about a totaly new concept.. without a flame in it;. istanbul's Olympic Logo for someday like this one..!?!?

it's maybe kind'a too cute..  :P  :P  :P

hi  friends..

ryan sended me an PM about to create a  GamesBids bidbookfor this one..about istanbul. I did answer 1 time..

meanwhile I've got operated .. a tumor in my brain... so I wasnt capable of making a bidbook for Istanbul.;

I'm healing .. I love to want participate in this.. but after 2.5 months it's too late I suppose..

my appologiezes again.. and want write back for my Istanbul file also little by little... Because a lot of changesments and decisions are made by the Turkish Authorities to back-up in a creatively and strongly way for an Istanbul Bid.. Myself..? I dont want them to bid for 2016 but for 2020.. meanwhile

I love u all..  

fatixxx

greetz from Belgium

Oh, fatixx...hope your surgery was successful and that you are healing well.  Gosh, I don't think I've ever known (well, OK, we know each other electronically) anyone who underwent brain tumor surgery.  I hope it was benign.  

Anyway, welcome back.  There'll be another fantasy contest down the line -- and you can make the Istanbul bid the most fantastic of all.

But things will be heating up for Torino.  So you've come back just in time.

That sounds awful! I hope you're doing good, guy-I-don't-know.  :o

Here's some humour:

The operation must have not worked if you're still supporting Istanbul.  :P

Here's some humour:

I know it was meant for a joke, but it ended up looking cold-hearted, Ice.

Here's some humour:

I know it was meant for a joke, but it ended up looking cold-hearted, Ice.

Oh please. Go with the flow!  :D

With Turkey entering the EU at the end of the next decade Istanbul will take the Games in the 2030's. If Turkey doesn't enter the EU then Istanbul will wait until the 2040's. :)