ISTANBUL OLYMPICS IN THE NEAR FUTURE

Hank

and more than this.. my city istanbul has more advantages than cape town..

why u comprae istanbul with this city always..:D

aaa may ı ask u something guys.. is there any one who visited istanbul before ..???

:hmm:

well if rio doesnt end up bidding im supporting istanbul...i mean we gotta keep things exciting instead of going back to europe or a worst case scenario of going to houston of philly...cud u imagine...barcelona sydney athens beijing london and ...PHilly..lol

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Istanbul should go for 2016....the door is open...I don't think the European factor will be as much of an issue for their bid as it will be with Berlin, Rome, Madrid, etc....after all they are the crossroads of two continents

I think Istanbul should go for 2016....the door is open...I don't think the European factor will be as much of an issue for their bid as it will be with Berlin, Rome, Madrid, etc....after all they are the crossroads of two continents

At this picture we will have a better look from space on Istanbul. It's indeed a crossroads. Lovely to say it, but a lot of work still has to go on? a 2020 bid is more likely to go for it.

2016 : 10 years are not enough to built and boost all the venues in a time when the population is also growing..

But still a nice dream, isn't it?  :;):  :;):

spacebosphorus38cg.jpg

At this picture we will have a better look from space on Istanbul. It's indeed a crossroads. Lovely to say it, but a lot of work still has to go on? a 2020 bid is more likely to go for it.

2016 : 10 years are not enough to built and boost all the venues in a time when the population is also growing..

spacebosphorus38cg.jpg

for atlanta 1996 is a real dream versus athens..

and for athens 2004 is a dream versus rome

dreams can become real if u believe them   :)

spacebosphorus38cg.jpg

Can Turkey handle the idea of bidding for Expo 2015 AND the 2016 Olympic Games now? The former has been achieved.

Can Turkey handle the idea of bidding for Expo 2015 AND the 2016 Olympic Games now? The former has been achieved.

Yes.

But we have to know that Izmir has bidded for the EXPO 2015. And thats about 450 km From Istanbul. We talk here about two different cities. And the hell, why shouldn't Turkey handle it, if Barcelona had 1992 SO, Sevilla had 1992 world expo.  :;):

Turkey staging Olympic Games. It seems to me, that's definitely one step too far.....

But on the other hand, Athens was capable of doing it, so the Turks will be very committed in proving, that they can do it too....

But competing against some major cities in the world, will be difficult.

Will the choice of an IOC-member be influenced by the last venue? Or do they really choose the best candidate? If they want to spread the Games, what is the point of an European city, to bid for the 2016 Games?

Do I need to point out that that last time that Europe held Olympic Games two times in a row was 1948 and 1952?

In these times with major issues, such as advertising, TV-contract, it is hardly possible to skip the (North) American market too long......

Turkey staging Olympic Games. It seems to me, that's definitely one step too far.....

But on the other hand, Athens was capable of doing it, so the Turks will be very committed in proving, that they can do it too....

But competing against some major cities in the world, will be difficult.

Will the choice of an IOC-member be influenced by the last venue? Or do they really choose the best candidate? If they want to spread the Games, what is the point of an European city, to bid for the 2016 Games?

Do I need to point out that that last time that Europe held Olympic Games two times in a row was 1948 and 1952?

In these times with major issues, such as advertising, TV-contract, it is hardly possible to skip the (North) American market too long......

I'm with you about spreading the games. Ok in that case. But As I'm concerned about the fact is that Istanbul has to face a lot of work and that's why i'm supporting ist 2020 or 2024. The circumstances seen of the fact that A lot has to be construct and to built is 2016 to close to speak about it. But in Theory it is possible that Turkey organises The Olympics. The IOC will choose of course the best. And I don't think it that istanbul has to compare itself with other major cities. Every Applicant or Candidate city is an Athlete in it own. The one who works hard and get more technich training will win the race. So If Africa or Latin-America don't bid (or don"t have a strong bid) And North America struggles again (either what it is) in its bidding.. So Istanbul should go for it. Meanwhile 2012 London is European; 2008 is Asian. Istanbul is just fucked up because it lies on two continents.  :D

But Turkey, let's say istanbul in this case, gets more and more experienced after each bid. So the IOC gains a lot from the Fees that these candidate cities pay. And by each bid Istanbul bids and bids but meanwhile by each bid a lot of is in construction. Istanbul gets ready piece by piece parallel in its way to the SO. That's why I'm thinking of 2020.

I hope i was reasonable in my opinion. Thanx wamel that you shared your view  :;):

Fatixxx,

Very reasonable explanation.......but unfortunately the odds are against Turkey. But I definitely would be interested in Olympic Games in Istanbul and the effect on Turkish sports in general.

I think it can be an advantage to be on the European "side" as well on the Asian "side". This unique situation is not te be copied by any citiy in the world, so this can (must?) be used as a great theme in this possible Olympic bid....

Some time ago I read somewhere that the Turkish government introduced a "law" that provided unlimited funding in Turkish quest for the Olympic Games. Do you know if this is true or is there more to this story?

Yes.

But we have to know that Izmir has bidded for the EXPO 2015. And thats about 450 km From Istanbul. We talk here about two different cities. And the hell, why shouldn't Turkey handle it, if Barcelona had 1992 SO, Sevilla had 1992 world expo.  :;):

Spain wasn't Turkey...

So, in hindsight, could someone tell me the answer here. Is Turkey, as an Olympic member, part of the EOC (European Olympic Committee) or a part of the OCA (Olympic Council of Asia)? I would have thought that Turkey is a member of the EOC.

So, in hindsight, could someone tell me the answer here. Is Turkey, as an Olympic member, part of the EOC (European Olympic Committee) or a part of the OCA (Olympic Council of Asia)? I would have thought that Turkey is a member of the EOC.

Turkey, along with Israel and Iceland, belongs to the Euro bloc.  See the Euro National Olympic Committees

It makes for a nice round 48; and brings the Euro block 3rd behind Asia & Africa in terms of members.

Yes.

Spain wasn't Turkey...

OOO mikel, you are so cheap in your comment ! You didn't even gave your arguments on the issue. Are we now a little bit wiser in you wrote. I dixit you: "Spain wasn't Turkey" . What to we have to imagine or know by this poorly sentence ?  :suspect:   :oo: What do you want to tell about it ??

Turkey, along with Israel and Iceland, belongs to the Euro bloc.  See the Euro National Olympic Committees

It makes for a nice round 48; and brings the Euro block 3rd behind Asia & Africa in terms of members.

That's what I thought. Thanks.  :cool:

• 5 years later...

This was the first ever topic I've started here on Gamesbids. In fact (if i'm not wrong) this is also the first ever topic on Istanbul here on GB

The topic began at 19 June 2005. About 6 years ago. 6 years in GB is not so much of course, but this gives a good feeling that I'v been here 6 years ago. This little family offers a lot. A large spontanious and social archive on the Olympic issue in General.

Hereby want to thank Gamesbids.com again.

regards

fatih

love you all .. Let the challenge and ambition for Istanbul begin !! ollleyyyyy B);)

Archived