ISTANBUL OLYMPICS IN THE NEAR FUTURE

Hank

METEOROLOGY IN ISTANBUL

Istanbul proposes to hold the Olympic Games between July 20 and August the 5th.. these were the dates in the 2012 bid of Istanbul

I will give you the data from the past ten years that reflects the climate in that period of time.. (meteorolgy station at the european side of istanbul) the source is from the Ministery of environment and forestry-department meteorology.

temperature in °C

hour // minimum // maximum // average

09-00//17.7//31.0//26.5

12.00//21.9//34.1//28.5

15.00//18.4//34.0//28.9

18.00//19.2//34.0//26.7

21.00//19.4//30.0//24.2

wind direction (m/sec) general tendencies// direction + strength

east-northwest + 2.6

east + 2.9

east-northwest + 3.1

north-northwest + 2.9

northeast + 2.1

HUMIDITY

hour//minimum//maximum//average

07.00//56.0//96.0//78.9

14.00//30.0//90.00//55.0

21.00//38.0//96.0//75.4

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fatixx, it's "nice" that you are bombarding the board with all your facts about Istanbul, etc., etc.  but as we've told other promoters of other bids here, we really only study and enjoy the fictional ones.  (There are contests on "fantasy bids.")  I mean, ultimately, you are "preaching to the choir."  We understand you but you're not getting anywhere w/ us -- we are not going to vote in the IOC, so...

Sofia was doing this for awhile but it wasn't winning any real IOC votes here.  

Also good to hear that Istanbul has taken remedial measures in case of a major earthquake.  Let's hope it will never be put to the test.  As far as tsunamis hitting NYC, London and Paris, I think it happens in the movies, "Day After Tomorrow" or that sort of science-fiction genre.  

Better run your paper by thatsnotmypuppy.  He loves this stuff.

Fatixx, it's "nice" that you are bombarding the board with all your facts about Istanbul, etc., etc.  but as we've told other promoters of other bids here, we really only study and enjoy the fictional ones.  (There are contests on "fantasy bids.")  I mean, ultimately, you are "preaching to the choir."  We understand you but you're not getting anywhere w/ us -- we are not going to vote in the IOC, so...

Sofia was doing this for awhile but it wasn't winning any real IOC votes here.  

Also good to hear that Istanbul has taken remedial measures in case of a major earthquake.  Let's hope it will never be put to the test.  As far as tsunamis hitting NYC, London and Paris, I think it happens in the movies, "Day After Tomorrow" or that sort of science-fiction genre.  

Better run your paper by thatsnotmypuppy.  He loves this stuff.

pierre look my friend..

I appreciate your comment to enjoy the fiction ones..

but you have to understand one thing too..I'm not attacking nobody, nor i want to be ironic in this case. I'm a new member. but i wil grow each day in this forum. and i need time to read a lot of what has been wrote in this forum. I want to do that. Also the fact. It's not a promotion thing what i'm doing. only that a lot wrong reasoning about istanbul.. but really i dont take it that an earthquake where a lot of countries are settled with up is also not a reasonable factor for not chooising istanbul in the future for an OG.

and there was not even a topic on istanbul in the future bids.. so it is als not mentioned to be irritating about istanbul and istanbul all over again. let me do my work. what I love.. and I will share your opinions and views in other topics/issues too. I love OG.. I respect you all..  :)

let me grow a little bit.. do also not demotivate me.. what you were doing a little bit in this quote.

you are not obligated to read this to, nor to answer on it..

but I love few ones in this forum.;and i want to love a lot of people too. so meanwhile im discovering the forum little by little.. Istanbul is not the only thing where my concerning is aobut..

the day after tommorrow can be happen in real life too like in sout-east asia.. in the middle of the atlantic Ocean the first country that will be overwelmed by water would be NY ..

we watched to much of these films in a view... but you've started with your aerth-quake thing.

+ it's obvious about your previous quotes that you are a Istanbul-hater in a way.. so you can share you hate in this one.. accepted.. in this case I know it too then..

BUT PLEASE DONT MESS UP WITH THE THATSNOTMY PUPPY-THING--->your last sentence of what you wrote is god the hell far away from respect..  :devil:  and don't give me other examples like sofia;. And dont want to gain Ioc votes here.. just sharing..

cyberspace is not from heaven.. if you dont like this threat, ignore it for yourself will yah.. I will be a good member.. that enjoys and shares every topic in a descent way..   :cool:

don't spoil my threat.. i'm doing not yours ..???

thanxxx

fatixxx

No, fatixxx.  I am not denigrating you.  I am just telling you bluntly that you may be wasting your time here.  If you don't like that, then I'm sorry.  

As for posting here and not commenting, as someone has said, if you post on an internet chat board, then it's fair game for comments by others.  

Yes, by all means, welcome and grow on this board.  But I don't hate Istanbul.  As a matter of fact, someday I still hope to visit the Topkapi museum; and Capadocia.  So why should I hate Turkey?   :suspect:

altitude in meters

istanbul average = 10

Olympic village = 45

Olympic Park = 100

silivri= airport nearby istanbul = 25

other villages for soccer/football cometitions

izmir = 29

Kocaeli= 76

bursa = 100

on the picture below the location of some main buildings and venues

the black circels are the 2 international airports..

european side = Atatürk airport

asian side = Sebiha Gökçen airport

the red lines are the freeways..

purple coloured is the wher the inner-city population lives..

the bleu and green circles are in a respectivly the Speed park

and the Olympic Park..

istanbulmap7du.jpg

No, fatixxx.  I am not denigrating you.  I am just telling you bluntly that you may be wasting your time here.  If you don't like that, then I'm sorry.  

As for posting here and not commenting, as someone has said, if you post on an internet chat board, then it's fair game for comments by others.  

Yes, by all means, welcome and grow on this board.  But I don't hate Istanbul.  As a matter of fact, someday I still hope to visit the Topkapi museum; and Capadocia.  So why should I hate Turkey?   :suspect:

thanx.. baronpierre

my appologizes in this case..

I'm am a guide myself in the city centre in Brussels..

if one day you need i guide...  :;):

thanx again..  :wink:  :wink:

I wont to drop full of information here.. it has to be pleasant too.. I will follow your recommandations.. I need that too you knoww.. you are my guide on this board from now on!!!  :wink:

Lets look at this from isdtanbul's perspective.  These constant bids are improving the city as each successive round is resulting in new "legacy" venues.  Istanbul has gotten a new stadium, the Atakoy Dome, new pools, upgraded hotel infrastructure, alot of new greenery, upgrades to the rail and road networks as well as a higher international profile.

So as long as the Turks are willing to bid, Istanbul benefits.  Eventually it will come to thep oint where the IOC will look like idiots if they dont give Istanbul the Games as everything will be ready.

Yes, the money could go elsewhere, but the tourism dollars Istanbul attracts benefits all of Turkey.  So I say go for it - Istanbul 2016, 2020, 2024 right up until the Games are yours.  Istanbul and the sporting organisations of Turkey are benefiting enormously.

wow ...   :wwww:  :o

that was fantastic what you wrote there..

sometimes I still dreamin' : Istanbul 2016 is not so far enymore..

but let's be seriously.. the istanbul 2016 bid must have huge alternative issues to win it.. after each 4 years you have to go up with the new technology too... you can't bid with the same elements as the earlier 4 bids.. Istanbul has .. sorry is obligated in a way to put new ideas.. new interesting elements to go for the run with it..

Istanbul is ready to use new technology .. immensly increasing each year... no probelem with that i suppose..

but THE LOGO must change .. it has to give the first impact to the eyes .. and than you have to possibility to say..

OK it's Istanbul's time.. the exotic/oriental flavoured Olympics are coming in a totaly new dress.. powerfull bid.. superb venues.. a perfect traffic/rail system.. a lot of new hotels , hospitals.. + the Istanbul Cultural Olympiad will underbuilt it.. with the 40 years of ongoing.. istanbul film festival. istanbul jazz festival.. a lot of festivals.. in and troughout the city..

a big OLympic sports legacy results.. faught out in these magnificent new 5 stars class venues.. with a sauce of its cultural Icon and Orientalism food, music, views, art, hospitality and so on..

why not istanbul 2016? but a lot of work has to be done..

in a rapid way... that's the message.. MONEY.. enough in turkey i would say.. a lot of sponsoring in a crazy football and basketball country..  :)  :P

Istanbul_Film_Festival.jpg

the tulip symbolyses the ottomanian love for flowers.. from origin Turkish...

Istanbul and Turkey certainly has been getting a lot of publicity lately especially in the arena of tourism. I wouldn't be surprised if 2020 ended in a stalemate of mediocre African and South American cities and the IOC just decided to give it to Istanbul to avoid a hosting meltdown.

Istanbul and Turkey certainly has been getting a lot of publicity lately especially in the arena of tourism. I wouldn't be surprised if 2020 ended in a stalemate of mediocre African and South American cities and the IOC just decided to give it to Istanbul to avoid a hosting meltdown.

That scenario could well be their best chance

I think he means at some point these mega-races will end as 4 huge worldclass cities will miss out - and that will hurt a few egos.  London will be pissed if Paris wins, Madrid will get shirty if the Latin block backs NYC, Moscow will be wondering if the final vote is really final and not a bribeable situation...

As for Istanbul - who knows - an unsuccessful 2016 bid may see the completion of the planned new velodrome at the Olympic Park and further upgrades to Inonu Stadi.  Keep it up!  Very soon you will have the most modern sporting infrastructure in Europe/Asia with or wothout the Games.  :)

I think he means at some point these mega-races will end as 4 huge worldclass cities will miss out - and that will hurt a few egos.  London will be pissed if Paris wins, Madrid will get shirty if the Latin block backs NYC, Moscow will be wondering if the final vote is really final and not a bribeable situation...

As for Istanbul - who knows - an unsuccessful 2016 bid may see the completion of the planned new velodrome at the Olympic Park and further upgrades to Inonu Stadi.  Keep it up!  Very soon you will have the most modern sporting infrastructure in Europe/Asia with or wothout the Games.  :)

I agree....Istanbul really has placed itself in a pretty good position for winning the Games someday and SIGNIFCANTLY improving their sport infrastructure......

What is Istanbul's international sporting schedule like for the next couple years? Any world championships, as examples here?

If you ask me, I don't see Istanbul hosting the Games in the near future. Not because they can't organize it, but mostly for political reasons.

and btw, if they bid for 2016, please change the bid logo to something else. Since the 2000 bid they use the same logo!

If you ask me, I don't see Istanbul hosting the Games in the near future. Not because they can't organize it, but mostly for political reasons.

and btw, if they bid for 2016, please change the bid logo to something else. Since the 2000 bid they use the same logo!

there were political changements a few months just before the opening at the Athens Games in Greece.. and everything went good..

the politacle reasons are just running fine in Turkey..

it is more stable now than the previous istanbul bids..

don't worry the logo will change.. in my view though  :wink:

:) Like I've always said, the IOC welcomes all cities that want to bid.

Of course they know who's got what it takes to be considered seriously.  Istanbul will always front up as the government has decreed it to bid untill successful.  The IOC dosen't mind because they are getting a hansome fee everytime Istanbul bids.

Maybee just one day they win.

• 2 weeks later...

I've created myself a logo for the city that i love and believe in ...

istanbul 2016 flame passion at the continents would be a very succesfully slogan instead of the earlier slogans: lets meet where the continents meet OR civilisation and harmony..

your comments - views - thaughts and opinion about this self created logo..????  :idea:

I can change the the moon as in the Turkish Flag in to the 5 olympic rings..

1 Game + 1 City = 2 continents

thanx folx

flamepassionistanbul20163ka.gif

............................ :wink:

I think Istanbul should definately take a rest for 2016, and return when the Games are likely to go back to Europe....2016 isn't going to happen for Europe, let alone Istanbul....

ACTUATLLY IF YOU SEE

MY DEAR FRIEND..

it is likely (if you heard the news what Rogge - my Belgian compatriot said .. no ROTATION as at the world cup football..

so in this case if Madrid is bidding again.. Istanbul has more the chance to be ready for it this time.. cause it more than 3000 km away from London ..

and the other fact is.. as I already mentioned that Istanbul would organise it .. at litterally 2continentsat the same time..   that would be a fantastic legacy for whole the Olimpic History.. At Europe + Asia ..

it will be a unique oppurtunity for the Olympics to get it at the only place/ city in the world with it's unique location..

Geographically seen it is indeed at 2 continents.. and that will be a strong thematical reason in the bid of istanbul 2016 ..

no you don't understand what Rogge meant...he meant that there is no SET rotation like that of the FIFA World Cup, where the event MUST be held in a certain place at a certain time....but this is not at all saying that the IOC does not spread the Games out...they do...and I am sorry whether Istanbul plays the European or Asian city card, it is at a GREAT disadvantage, because Asia has 2008 and may have 2014, and Europe has 2012 and may have 2014.......Istanbul should take 2016 (a year in which it will not be awarded the Games due to geopolitics) and rest, and retun when it is time for the Games to go back to Europe/Asia in the 2020's....sorry

NEW YORK 2016

CAPE TOWN 2020 with a warm up bid for 2016

i dont mind istanbul bidding, having read their mini bid book and some bid books from past bids, it just seems that some more tweaking is needed, a bit les focus on bringin two continents together in their concept and more focus on the legacy in the communities, the sports plan needs to be revised, we all saw how a city like paris who already have a stadium, as well as moscow and madrid, lost out to london without a stadium in place, otherwise i wish istanbul all the best but i only see the IOc awarding them the games in 2024, i really think its more important to go to africa, i know many things have to be in place and its not that simple but i mean the games HAVE NEVER been there and its mostly not the IOC's fault but mostly due to the lack of infrastructure in africa, however cape town will do its best and the IOC must make sure it works closer with such cities to make it work, it just has to work, an olympic games in africa has the potential to be so special IMO,but who knows what will happen,

I've changed a little bit my created logo .. do like the the design.. and the universalism of the 5 olympic rings in the flame.. comon' folx .. I really produced here sometin' and I want it to share it with you.. ?? isn't there anyone to replay on the logo design???? :oo:  :help: :)

flamepassionist1rg.gif

Archived