By points the result is

1. Australia - 18

2. Scandinavia - 9

3. Turkey/Greece - 9

But taking into account first place votes

1. Australia - 7

2. Scandinavia - 3

3. Turkey/Greece - 2

Either way, by points or first place votes (and tie-breaker), Turkey/Greece is eliminated.

Furthermore, Scandinavia withdraws its bid, therefore Australia is the official winner of the 2026 FIFA World Cup Competition.

I've been a bit preoccupied this weekend, so I haven't had a chance to thank everyone concerned with the comp _ especially Puppy, who showed how these should be done.

Thanks all!

So, what's next?

I reckon strike while hot, and go with an Olympic (summer or winter) bid.

I've been a bit preoccupied this weekend, so I haven't had a chance to thank everyone concerned with the comp _ especially Puppy, who showed how these should be done.

Thanks all!

I reckon strike while hot, and go with an Olympic (summer or winter) bid.

Its been a while since our last Summer Games competition. Lets go with that. Our we could take advantage of the Youth Olympic Bid process and go with that.

WOG's seem to attract more bids but i think we ought to get Summer2028 (is that what we're up to?) underway.

It would be a good challenge if we stick by the IOC rules and you can only bid without building any new infrastructure.

That would cut down potential cities significantly. Then again is it reasonable to build new infrastructure (i guess temporary might work) in 2-3years? Probably not possible let alone allowed.

Due to it being a 2-3year process its probably harder to find suitable cities for a Youth Olympic than a Summer Olympiad.

Archived