Official Mascot For Rio 2016

So, who or what will be the Official Mascot for Rio 2016?

A parrot in a tutti-frutti hat?

I envision a depiction of a runner falling into a huge sinkhole :lol:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Rio cannot loose in this mascot issue. When they are finished with the design it's going to be exceptionally incomparable to any other.

No, you were definitely talking about yourself. No mistake there.

Oh no my friend... yes, there was a mistake... you are the only, unique, ignorant here.........

By the way... don't you think people all over the world would do the same thing people are doing with beijing's torch if Chicago wins for 2016? Can you imagine...... STOP TO INVADE OTHER COUNTRIES, STOP MURDER, QUIT IRAQ, and so on.... OH GOD! I think the IOC shouldn't take this huge risk!!!

Oh no my friend... yes, there was a mistake... you are the only, unique, ignorant here.........

By the way... don't you think people all over the world would do the same thing people are doing with beijing's torch if Chicago wins for 2016? Can you imagine...... STOP TO INVADE OTHER COUNTRIES, STOP MURDER, QUIT IRAQ, and so on.... OH GOD! I think the IOC shouldn't take this huge risk!!!

So what? I talk of and live in the present. And I am not IGNORANT and BLIND like you.

Time to check into the institution again, thorb. :P

So what? I talk of and live in the present. And I am not IGNORANT and BLIND like you.

Time to check into the institution again, thorb. :P

Oh yes... u sure are... u come from a 3 world country, and even so try to discuss that these countries shouldn't host the games.

OK, please stop ur bla bla bla....

boring. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

We don't need to read this fight...

Please, guys

dannyelbrazil and how people takes Rio's bid there in Rio?

Honestly, only when there is a major problem here people say "And they are still imagining to host the OG here".

For me, this comment and nothing is the same. Specially after the citzens watching that the promises made for PanAm weren´t fullfilled are even more disappointed with the mayor. So much that he won´t make his candidate for this year city election.

We will probably see something around June for the short list, making the cut or not.

dannyelbrazil and how people takes Rio's bid there in Rio?

Well, people in Rio and in Brazil (except São Paulo state, because stupid rivalry) thinks that the Olympic Dream is possible.

But, people are always concerned with some promises, specially made by politicmans on these oportunities.

In the PanAm Games, mayor Cesar Maia announced a lot of transformations in the city that was impossible for a PanAm. (PanAm is a major sports event, but we can not compare PanAm with Olympics).

For a PanAm (smaller event than Olympics) a lot was done for the city, like no other PanAm host had done, but mayor promised "Olympics-changes-plan", and people got frustrated at the end.

So, we can take this example for cariocas thoughts about Rio bid.

Rio can make much more than the PanAm transformations if choosen, but, we need to be awake with politics promises.

At least, Brazilian NOC made a more-realistic bid book and it make us more confident about Rio chances.

People here thinks also that the informal continental rotation could boost Rio changes and we think USA will not host the games again... USA has hosted a lot of times.

Well, it's the opinion I get here from friends and other people.

In fact, with all brazilian people which I've talked about Rio 2016, they've said me that they don't believe possible that, because Rio needs improve a lot of things.

ah, and I didn't know about rivality between Rio and SP, I thought that it was between the south of brazil and the rest of the country. :P

• 2 months later...
Well, people in Rio and in Brazil (except São Paulo state, because stupid rivalry) thinks that the Olympic Dream is possible.

I know that´s tottally off-topic, but São Paulo would benefit a lot with the OG in Rio de Janeiro, danny. The only ones who think that way are the rich elites who are always crowding the "SP-RJ air bridge". Most paulistas support Rio´s bid. I don´t understand why most cariocas love to feed this pitiful rivalry.

I´ve been to Rio twice and I know that, with serious work, Rio can stage the Games wonderfully.

What worries me it´s not Rio´s people, but our politicians. It doesn´t help if BOC has a great plan on hands and our politicians keep working like crap. Just like they did at the Panamerican Games. BOC had a wonderful plan and they really did their best, but our dear governors delayed the money so much that many venues were finished after the proposed schedule. All those booing for Lula in the opening ceremony was deserved.

I know that´s tottally off-topic, but São Paulo would benefit a lot with the OG in Rio de Janeiro, danny. The only ones who think that way are the rich elites who are always crowding the "SP-RJ air bridge". Most paulistas support Rio´s bid. I don´t understand why most cariocas love to feed this pitiful rivalry.

I´ve been to Rio twice and I know that, with serious work, Rio can stage the Games wonderfully.

What worries me it´s not Rio´s people, but our politicians. It doesn´t help if BOC has a great plan on hands and our politicians keep working like crap. Just like they did at the Panamerican Games. BOC had a wonderful plan and they really did their best, but our dear governors delayed the money so much that many venues were finished after the proposed schedule. All those booing for Lula in the opening ceremony was deserved.

Actually... the mayor had the major responsability if u don't remember..... and as usual, he hasn't fullfilled what was required from him and the federal government had to help it all.... being responsible for +- 80% of it...

I really surprised when I knew the author of this thread was Baron. If Baron ask to the forum, who will be the mascot of Rio 2016, so I assume that Baron just said like this "OK, Rio just won 2016 games, so now who will be the mascot for 2016 ?", because the city will have the mascot only if they become the host right ? ;)

Actually... the mayor had the major responsability if u don't remember..... and as usual, he hasn't fullfilled what was required from him and the federal government had to help it all.... being responsible for +- 80% of it...

Sure. But also all the government representatives, including the State Governor and the Federal President signed declarations that they would participate and join forces to do the PanAm´s... and what happened ? Lula only remembered that when everything was in danger of not being ready on time. The Federal Government only helped in the last hour. They could have done A LOT before. They also were the ones who launched the title "The Pan of Brazil". So, they also have a good part of the responsability in making the Games happen according to the plans.

Sure. But also all the government representatives, including the State Governor and the Federal President signed declarations that they would participate and join forces to do the PanAm´s... and what happened ? Lula only remembered that when everything was in danger of not being ready on time. The Federal Government only helped in the last hour. They could have done A LOT before. They also were the ones who launched the title "The Pan of Brazil". So, they also have a good part of the responsability in making the Games happen according to the plans.

Sure. But... if there's anyone to blame for anything... it should be the mayor... as I said, he had the biggest responsability and hasn't paid much... almost 80% was with the Federal Government.

Sure. But... if there's anyone to blame for anything... it should be the mayor... as I said, he had the biggest responsability and hasn't paid much... almost 80% was with the Federal Government.

I understand.

Still so, It shouldn´t be only his responsability. State and Federal Government should have worked like a team for that. I hope they´ve learn their lesson and, if Rio wins, work as a team.

Archived