Its early, but its interesting

Right now Canada's coverage is CBC, Newsworld, TSN, RDS and Country Canada

For 2010, Canada's coverage will potentially be Omni 1, CityTV, CTV, Omni2, Roger's Sportsnet, TSN and RDS. And there will be coverage in Hindi, Mandarin, Polish, Russian, Italian, Portugese, French and English. Only in Canada.

How is TSN able to provide coverage for both companies? Is it a seperate company, or?

Its owned by Bell, but has an agreement with CBC to show certain sports like baseball and basketball.

It would be interesting how the languages would get utilized in Vancouver for the OMNI networks. Will they, do you think, be highlight shows or blocks of coverage for languages not French and English and/or focus on athletes from the aforementioned nations (from nations like Italy, Portugal, Poland, India, China, and Russia) in the sports they qualified in with the requisite Canadian ones?

I wish we Americans had something like that to go along with Telemundo.

They also promised live coverage, i think something like 2,000 hours? And CTV is gonna have Olympic programming for 22 hours a day.

I would think it's possible the medal ceremonies concerts could be aired on Muchmusic and MTV Canada, since CTV owns them as well.

Who do you think has better Winter Olympics coverage, CTV or CBC?

The last time I remember CTV covering the winter games was Lillehammer, wasn't it?

there will be coverage in Hindi, Mandarin, Polish, Russian, Italian, Portugese, French and English. Only in Canada.

How 'bout for the visually challenged and hearing-impaired Laotians and First Nations peoples, will they have telecasts in Laotian sign lanugage or Chinook?

Who do you think has better Winter Olympics coverage, CTV or CBC?

The last time I remember CTV covering the winter games was Lillehammer, wasn't it?

CBC's quality of coverage diminished in Torino 2006 when they learned they would not be host broadcaster of future Games after 2010. The network wasn't willing to make any major or long-term investments into their Olympic programming. But I've gotta say that their Athens 2004 coverage was amazing.

CTV on the other hand is providing quantity coverage. I'm not so sure about quality, as I'm sure that kind of quantity coverage will mean a flurry of advertsiements. They bought Brian Williams from CBC, and he will be the anchor of CTV's 2010 and 2012 coverage. CTV's coverage of Lillehammer would be equivalent to giving the task of covering Beijing 2008 to Global....today, I think CTV is much more capable of providing quality coverage.

All broadcasts from CTV and NBC will be in High Defintion. All the latest HD equipment is being installed in the broadcast centre and all venues will have HD cameras.

Good point....CBC doesn't have the resources to do that.

CBC's quality of coverage diminished in Torino 2006 when they learned they would not be host broadcaster of future Games after 2010. The network wasn't willing to make any major or long-term investments into their Olympic programming. But I've gotta say that their Athens 2004 coverage was amazing.

CTV on the other hand is providing quantity coverage. I'm not so sure about quality, as I'm sure that kind of quantity coverage will mean a flurry of advertsiements. They bought Brian Williams from CBC, and he will be the anchor of CTV's 2010 and 2012 coverage. CTV's coverage of Lillehammer would be equivalent to giving the task of covering Beijing 2008 to Global....today, I think CTV is much more capable of providing quality coverage.

I think the coverage will be ok, but I am questioning CTV's Rogers commitment to Amaetur Sport. When the got the TV Rights for 2010 and 2012 they promised increased coverage or pre-olympic coverage leading up to 2010 and right now Rogers Sportsnet has a hand full of Alpine Sking and TSN has Curling and Men's Women's Hockey. I am dissapointed that CTV Rogers did not step up and sign a broadcast deal with ISU in which the CBC rencently did. CTV/Rogers promised a commitment to amateur sports, well where is it?

One thing CTV needs to fix, and fast, is their online video feeds. I just wanted to watch the Torch Relay press conference clip and all I get is sound, no picture. I've always had a problem with CTV's site. On the other hand if I go to Global BC or CBC's website, I get their videos fine without any problems.