Australian Open 2008

Faster

Come on, no Australian Open topic yet and we are already into the semi-finals.

So far its

Maria Sharapova vs. Jelena Jankovic

Venus Williams or Ana Ivanovic vs. Daniela Hantuchova.

I really hope Hantuchova wins, she has been sticking around for awhile and has never had major success.

On men's

Roger Federer vs. James 'Plays the Racist Card' Blake

Novak Djokovic vs. David Ferrer

Semi-final

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga vs. Rafael Nadal (ick)

I am hoping for either Roger, Novak or Jo-Wilfried to win, if its a final between Tsonga and Federer and Federer loses, it will be the second time he loses to a unseeded champion, the last time was 2005 to Marat Safin.

Come on, no Australian Open topic yet and we are already into the semi-finals.

So far its

Maria Sharapova vs. Jelena Jankovic

Venus Williams or Ana Ivanovic vs. Daniela Hantuchova.

I really hope Hantuchova wins, she has been sticking around for awhile and has never had major success.

On men's

Roger Federer vs. James 'Plays the Racist Card' Blake

Novak Djokovic vs. David Ferrer

Semi-final

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga vs. Rafael Nadal (ick)

I am hoping for either Roger, Novak or Jo-Wilfried to win, if its a final between Tsonga and Federer and Federer loses, it will be the second time he loses to a unseeded champion, the last time was 2005 to Marat Safin.

Federer won in straight sets to Blake and Djokovic beat Ferrer...so a semi final2 is arranged. I love Roger but im kind of hoping Djokovic makes it to the final

As well as Tsonga has performed, I would just be concerned that he left his A game on the court against Nadal. Not just that, Djokovic does have the experience of the US Open final to call upon, which should help him. Can't really see an upset in this one.

Djokovic has beaten Tsonga in 4 sets, after loosing the first 6-4. Well done, i was right behind you Novak! Well done eastern Europe. I like Federer but its good to see someone else other than him and Nadal take out a grand slam. Especially Djokovic who i particularly like.

Djokovic strikes me as being a touch on the arrogant side. There were a couple of occasions while I was watching the final that he made some facial gestures that I didn't think were necessary. Still, no doubting he's a worthy champion.

Archived