Baku Bid Book

puxapiti

Very poor about acommodation, existing venues...

By the way, they talk about a Spectators Village with 20.000 rooms. Is this a new concept? Do you know if any OG has created an specific área as a Spectators Village before? Well, with this SV, the Olympic Village, the Media Village, the Olympic Family Village... Are they planning to create a new city inside Baku?

Very poor about acommodation, existing venues...

By the way, they talk about a Spectators Village with 20.000 rooms. Is this a new concept? Do you know if any OG has created an specific área as a Spectators Village before? Well, with this SV, the Olympic Village, the Media Village, the Olympic Family Village... Are they planning to create a new city inside Baku?

They are not going to create a new city inside Baku. Baku has many used to be use but today's unused territories (former oil territories, plants etc.). And you know most of them are close to city center. I can say all these territories are cleaning up today and we will have a very close distance between future olymic complexes and city center of Baku. Don't minimize this project for Baku 2016. In case of being a candidate city, Baku has a great chance to build some of the complexes beginning this year.

Rather pleasantly surprised by Baku's questionnaire: much better than some of the crap we got for 2008 and 2012!

Sure Baku stands no chance for 2016: the tremendous amount of construction needed will make it way too risky.

Still, if everything planned is built along the years (accommodation, transport infrastructure and some sports venues), the technical basis of the plan looks sounded.

Baku is a city I will keep an eye on for the future (just like for Almaty).

I agree to cfm Jeremie - it is really a good mini bid book - I even love Baku's Olympic Park concept (like I have already said I just like Olympic Parks, in which the Olympic Stadium, Olympic Arena and Olympic Aquatic Center are situated).

But it is clear that Baku hasn't a chance - it is too poor in accomodation and existing venues - it is at the moment a kind of fantasy bid - Azerbaijan is not Russia and is not able to repeat another "Sochi-decission"!

I agree to cfm Jeremie - it is really a good mini bid book - I even love Baku's Olympic Park concept (like I have already said I just like Olympic Parks, in which the Olympic Stadium, Olympic Arena and Olympic Aquatic Center are situated).

But it is clear that Baku hasn't a chance - it is too poor in accomodation and existing venues - it is at the moment a kind of fantasy bid - Azerbaijan is not Russia and is not able to repeat another "Sochi-decission"!

Actually, you have some right and more realistic sense in your message, but don't forget that HOPE dies LAST! :) I hope chance to all the applicants.

Believe me Baku is a city of sun and hospitality. If no it is ok, but if yes you will like it more and more. It is really worth of hosting Olympic Games!

Actually, you have some right and more realistic sense in your message, but don't forget that HOPE dies LAST! :) I hope chance to all the applicants.

Believe me Baku is a city of sun and hospitality. If no it is ok, but if yes you will like it more and more. It is really worth of hosting Olympic Games!

I think Baku needs two importants things: be more known worldwidly, and try more times to get expertise to be a real contender in Olympic Cities choice.

Rio is trying for forth time in the last 2 decades and Rio is getting more experienced in this process. It seems Brazilians are getting the point to make a good project.

But, I wish all the lucky for Baku. Baku seems to be a nice city. =]

Archived