Bayern Got Klinsmann

Faster

I have to say I was surprised when I heard that one. Big job and a big challenge to see if he can follow up his success with the German national team.

I think he will keep his sanity better dealing with Bayern fans, than having to deal with the inflated and misguided expectations from the media and the media in general, combined with the daunting footballing culture in England or having to go through what Bruce Arenas had to go through with the US, talk about inflated and unrealistic expectations.

If Klinsmann had kept in the national team coaching, I think teams like Scotland, Croatia, Australia or Japan would have been more suitable if he hadn't wanted to deal with crushing expectations but with decent enough talent to do something with.

As a Bayern fan though - :lol:

Klinsi, to me, seems more like a positive motivator rather than a skilled tactician, of which he deffered most of those duties to current coach Joachim Low. That's not to say he didn't have his fingerprints on them for Germany up to the World Cup though. Though he would've been alright had he decided to go to the US, Australia, Scotland, England, or Japan, he may thought the current makeup of the teams with those emerging may not be up to his standards. Also he probrably, with the exception of the US since he, his wife Debbie, and their kids live in Huntington Beach and England thanks to his Tottenham Hotspur days, isn't really too familiar with each of the aforementioned's continental surroundings and of the competitions. Don't really know too much regarding that in my view enough.

I knew with those comments Ottmar made, he was going to be a goner.

Given the fact that there was so much stick surrounding his commuting from California when he was German coach, and his obvious enjoyment of the lifestyle, I have to be honest I was surprised to hear he'd got the Bayern job. Indirectly, I suspect his talks with Liverpool have also confirmed what appears increasingly obvious - there'll be a new boss at Anfield next season.

Archived