Official Logo Of Baku 2016

Galandar

Graphic and aesthetically, it's one of the best logos, imo. But... where does it say "I'm a Summer Olympics bid logo!"? With the IOC ban on Olympic-related imagery in bid logos, applicants have to push their creativity a little further in order to ensure a minimal sport-related feeling in their logos.

Graphic and aesthetically, it's one of the best logos, imo. But... where does it say "I'm a Summer Olympics bid logo!"? With the IOC ban on Olympic-related imagery in bid logos, applicants have to push their creativity a little further in order to ensure a minimal sport-related feeling in their logos.

Unless they want people guessing these human figures are running around something :P

But... where does it say "I'm a Summer Olympics bid logo!"? With the IOC ban on Olympic-related imagery in bid logos, applicants have to push their creativity a little further in order to ensure a minimal sport-related feeling in their logos.

The same can be asked of all the logos, and as you said, that's mostly due to the IOC rules. I thought that the best one was Chicago's old one, especially with the "Stir the soul" tagline. It just made me feel something.

As mentioned elsewhere, all the logos are (and will most likely be from now on) not much more than a logo more fit for a tourism office.

It isn't bad, but it feels wintery. A snowflake has six sides and several past Winter Olympic logos have taken this shape. I also don't care much for gradient colours in logos. Overall, it is OK, if a bit off season.

I think the repetition of six has something to do with local traditional design. If you look at the background of the logo video on their site, those images are also of a six-sided design.

The logo is really good. It's a shame that Baku's bid is kind of an unknown lark. Even if the IOC went nuts and decided to give the games anywhere near there it would have to be Doha, and even that is a longshot itself.

But Baku is doing good nonetheless. It's putting effort into how it presents itself. That's the downfall of many "test bid" cities. Borjomi anybody?

The logo is really good. It's a shame that Baku's bid is kind of an unknown lark. Even if the IOC went nuts and decided to give the games anywhere near there it would have to be Doha, and even that is a longshot itself.

But Baku is doing good nonetheless. It's putting effort into how it presents itself. That's the downfall of many "test bid" cities. Borjomi anybody?

Well Azerbaijan and Qatar are not in the same area.

Well Azerbaijan and Qatar are not in the same area.

Uhh. They are both middle eastern and have strong middle eastern ties. Azerbaijan just happens to also have a southern soviet influence.

I suppose if you get into minute technicalities they could be described as separate areas.

It's just the Turkey argument all over again :P

• 2 weeks later...
Why fire?

Because that's Azerbaijan's national symbol.

It is commonly known as the land of fire and the ancient fire worshipping faith of Zoroastism takes birth there as well.

Archived