Who Has Best Bid Website?

Soaring

I know many of you will say it really doesn't matter, especially in this stage, but I dabble in web design, so this topic interests me.

Who has the best bid website and why?

Think aesthetics, functionality, theme, information, user involvement, etc.

Chicago - website

olympic_web_chicago.jpg

Doha - website

olympic_web_doha.jpg

Madrid - website

olympic_web_madrid.jpg

Prague - website

olympic_web_prague.jpg

Rio - website

olympic_web_rio.jpg

Tokyo - website

olympic_web_tokyo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

1. Chicago --has an official look

2. Rio--exotic

3. Tokyo--stimulating and clumpsy

4. Madrid---cryptic and scientic looking

5. Prague---Nice look

6. Doha---Traditional

7. Baku---?

My ranking would be:

1. Madrid: although I am not a huge fan of the look, it is still by far the most packed with information, being updated daily.
  2. Tokyo: lots of information (although I wish the English part would be updated as often as the Japanese part)
  3. Chicago: love the look and hopefully it will be updated more often now the race is officially on
  4. Rio: updated quite often, not much information about the plan at the moment
  5. Doha: lot of information about Doha and Qatar (which quite franckly I knew very little about) but not crazy about the look.
  6. Baku / Prague: at least, the websites exist...

1: MADRID: Very original design, full of content, update daily, three languages.

2: RIO: Colourfull design, Relevant Information very well presented, three languages,

3: TOKIO: Relevant content, and good design.

4: DOHA: Acceptable

5: PRAGUE: Acceptable.

6: CHICAGO: I don´t like it at all: Very simple its seems a blog, only one language, almost no updates....

There's a change I would have loved Chicago to make to its website, that is to remove the swimmer from the front page cos it blur some texts and change it to Olympic rings or placed the image properly by removing the shadow it cast.

While I am not a big fan of yellow, Rio's new site is the best one thus far.

olympic_web_rio.jpg

Thank you for that! The truth can not be compromised here that RIO has a positive chance. I like it for beleive in change!!

Go RIO! GO with all you've got! Go win for us all in!!!

About Rio's new website:

Rio made the best bid website so far.

The changes were great and it seems to be most complete in this race. At least, at this time.

Rio is boosted again. ;)

yeah right, danny. Like the prettiest website and most colorful edges on the bidbook will REALLY RACK up the points. :rolleyes:

Oh Baron, at least, It's a good start...

Better than a swimmer website...

Chicago finally translated their site into French...

I saw that about four days ago. That's a good step. Brazil has four langauges on his website.

^^^

Ye sit has been stated before. see...

You mean 4 languages, including the portuguese version.

I still think Chicago should put their site in Spanish (after short-listed), and do I complete overhaul on their current site.

I noticed that Rio has cleaned up some issues with links. If they could improve on anything with their new site, it would be to make their menu more dynamic. It is a little small, and hard to read. Also, I hate yellow, so the colors don't sit to well, but it does give it a warm feeling, and goes with their logo colors.

Also, I hate yellow, so the colors don't sit to well, but it does give it a warm feeling, and goes with their logo colors.

They uses yellow in the front page, because everyone in the world recognizes Brazil (in sports) because of the yellow. (In soccer, the yellow Brazilian t-shirt is an icon).

But they could improve the colors of the fonts inside the yellow drawings.

Archived