Rio Logo

Just saw this. It's either past 7pm Rio time now, or pretty close. Anyone seen the logo?

Brazilian Olympic Committee

Rio 2016 Logo Launch

We inform that the logo of the Rio de Janeiro city bid to host the 2016 Olympic Games will be launched this Monday, Dec. 17, during the 2007 Brazil Olympic award ceremony, in Teatro Municipal, Rio de Janeiro.

Around 07:00 p.m., the Press Office of the Brazilian Olympic Committee will send to the media an e-mail containing the information on the logo as well as the logo image.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^^^

i totally agree. has all 2016 logos already been put forth?

i like the subdued palette though, placing more emphasis on blues and greens rather than in oranges. the orange they used in the PanAms were just hideous.

as usual, the logotype does deviate from the norm.

I liked the logo. It's very simple and clean, and holds a powerful message: Sugar Loaf Mountain, nature, sea and beaches, sun, carnaval (the yellow part resembles Apoteose Square, where the samba school parades usually end), all within the heart and passion of Brazil and cariocas.

It's kinda tridimensional too. I wish we could see it in some kind of book, where it will be printed in two pages. And when you open this book you discover Rio 2016 simbol.

Hope they use it wisely.

Maybe Baku will show us some creativity in january.

^^^^^

i totally agree. has all 2016 logos already been put forth?

i like the subdued palette though, placing more emphasis on blues and greens rather than in oranges. the orange they used in the PanAms were just hideous.

as usual, the logotype does deviate from the norm.

The orange is the official color of the Rio City Hall. See: http://www.rio.rj.gov.br/

As for the 2016 logo, much better than the Rio 2007. Apparently they learned something after so many bids ;)

Not because I'm from Rio I like this logo too much.

My opinion about Rio 2012 logo: It was hideous and looked like a kid's drawing in Paintbrush.

Now the cariocas did a good job and made the only logo with city landscapes and warm colors to represent people from Rio de Janeiro.

The 3D in the logo is simple and appropriate.

You see the logo, you see Rio. The best one so far.

This is a very nice logo. It's clean, symbolic, and with a very nice font. However, it just doesn't say "Olympics" to me.

I think that this is more fitting for a tourism campaign. Then again, I guess that's the bottom line of most olympics, right? (jk)

^I totally agree. It's quiet a good logo, it just doesn’t feel "Olympic". It doesn’t look very formal, for lack of better wording.

Perhaps if 2 or 3 more "hearts" were added to form like a flower petal than it might look more appropriate.

Archived