What Do You Think About God?

james

Am DEJECTED!

In christian life one is bounded to meet with rejection, despair, all forms of hatred and difficulties. So, I would call this a part of christian life.

Wait a munite, it's hard to imagine who people don't beleive in God. That's scaring me to death.

But, JESUS CHRIST LOVES YOU ALL. Do you all know that?

james, as for your dejection, I am sorry to hear that, but in a way, you brought it upon yourself. As I said -- you mean well but this isn't REALLY the place for this.

There is another saying we have: the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

If I were you james, I would just let this thread die a natural death. Really not the place for this.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Besides, Am praying for you guys to have personal encounter with Christ Jesus.

Interesting! Am meeting the worst criticism in my christian life here today. May God bless you all. One thing, the holy spirit will visit somebody tonight.

You need to check into a mental institution.

Besides, Am praying for you guys to have personal encounter with Christ Jesus.

I am a Jew. How dare you assume your religious beliefs are the correct ones?

More to the point how dare you pray on my behalf? I am not asking to be saved by you nor do I find your rhetoric to be of any value.

This site is full of divergent cultures and beliefs. We have Muslims, Christians, Jews, Buddhists and Krow on this site. Show some respect.

Wow, you guys get pretty "huffy" over religion. Are some people uncomfortable here? This is in "off-topic," so why can't this be a place where people discuss their religions, or lack there of?

Why do you have to be offended and bash someone for their beliefs, even if it is contrary to yours? Aren't many of you doing what you are accusing James of?

I find that the Olympics, being "universal" in nature should nurture a discussion such as this.

You can throw fire at me for stepping out in support of this discussion, but I do not have ill intentions for you or James at all. I just would like to see an honest discussion on the topic, mainly because I am interested to hear from those of you in other countries/cultures.

Wow, you guys get pretty "huffy" over religion. Are some people uncomfortable here? This is in "off-topic," so why can't this be a place where people discuss their religions, or lack there of?

Why do you have to be offended and bash someone for their beliefs, even if it is contrary to yours? Aren't many of you doing what you are accusing James of?

I find that the Olympics, being "universal" in nature should nurture a discussion such as this.

You can throw fire at me for stepping out in support of this discussion, but I do not have ill intentions for you or James at all. I just would like to see an honest discussion on the topic, mainly because I am interested to hear from those of you in other countries/cultures.

It's not so much getting "huffy" about discussing religion _ we've actually had many threads in the past discussing religion and comparing religions. There's a lot of interest in that. But from experience, we know that James isn't so much interested in discussing pros and cons of Christianity as to try and "open our eyes" to Jesus Christ and to judge those of us who don't wish to _ he's in the past pretty well dismissed the large gay population here as "satanic" and is quick to judge. I know he is young (15) and from an ultra-traditionalist religious society (Nigeria), but much of his religious views are anathema to the majority here from the pluralist West.

krow,

this is very anti-semitic!

:angry:

um, hello most of my family is jewish; they'd hardly be offended. besides, aren't you from the country that looked the other way when 6 million jews took gas showers?

um, hello most of my family is jewish; they'd hardly be offended. besides, aren't you from the country that looked the other way when 6 million jews took gas showers?

If I were you I would have been a little bit more careful what you say - first of all I would have been brought to a concentration camp during the Nazi reign, too, due I am homosexual - second I was born in 1966 and therefore I am not guilty for the shoah - third it is a pitty that you don't know that jews were forced in the middle ages to go into the financial sector due the christian kings liked to have jews in this position when they hadn't been able to pay their debts they started a progrom in which the jews were killed - so their debts were gone - that is the reason why it is anti-semitic...

If I were you I would have been a little bit more careful what you say - first of all I would have been brought to a concentration camp during the Nazi reign, too, due I am homosexual - second I was born in 1966 and therefore I am not guilty for the shoah - third it is a pitty that you don't know that jews were forced in the middle ages to go into the financial sector due the christian kings liked to have jews in this position when they hadn't been able to pay their debts they started a progrom in which the jews were killed - so their debts were gone - that is the reason why it is anti-semitic...

obviously i didn't say you personally had anything to do with the holocaust. i just find it ridiculous that a german is really calling my comments antisemitic. as if using the word 'shoah' and getting offended on everyone's behalf makes it less ridiculous that i've been called out on antisemitism by a GERMAN, gay or not. as if germany is somehow are to be seen as the new champions of jewish rights, because they're sorry.

if you think i'm missing the point and trying to guilt-trip you, you're absolutely right.

perhaps the only thing more ridiculous than you calling my clearly tongue in cheek comment antisemitic, is the fact that you felt the need to distort historical fact in order to make me feel guilty for making some age-old, cliché joke about jews and money that both jews & gentiles make, guilt-trip free, every day.

nobody here was personally offended (i don't think juan antonio still visits) and it's inappropriate to get offended on other people's behalf.

obviously i didn't say you personally had anything to do with the holocaust. i just find it ridiculous that a german is really calling my comments antisemitic. as if using the word 'shoah' and getting offended on everyone's behalf makes it less ridiculous that i've been called out on antisemitism by a GERMAN, gay or not. as if germany is somehow are to be seen as the new champions of jewish rights, because they're sorry.

if you think i'm missing the point and trying to guilt-trip you, you're absolutely right.

perhaps the only thing more ridiculous than you calling my clearly tongue in cheek comment antisemitic, is the fact that you felt the need to distort historical fact in order to make me feel guilty for making some age-old, cliché joke about jews and money that both jews & gentiles make, guilt-trip free, every day.

nobody here was personally offended (i don't think juan antonio still visits) and it's inappropriate to get offended on other people's behalf.

... maybe I got a little bit too far here - but it shows a difference between Germany and the other world - in Germany you would get into trouble when you make such "clearly tongue in cheek comment" - you could be fined because to be antisemitic...

... maybe I got a little bit too far here - but it shows a difference between Germany and the other world - in Germany you would get into trouble when you make such "clearly tongue in cheek comment" - you could be fined because to be antisemitic...

oh, wow. that's pretty harsh.

anyway, i'm sure i got carried away too. don't i always?

OK, I understand the animosity for the comments made. I just thought some people flew off the wall because someone was discussing religion.

Discussing religion is fair enough. Preaching about it is what I can't stomach. It's like seeing one of those people with the sandwich board of Bible verses in a town or city centre - to be avoided at all costs.

Archived