What Do You Think About God?

james

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No

You wouldn't want to understand others views. I don't want a situation where somebody gets offended!

Can you believe that!!!

Therefore don't start threads about god or religion here!

So also gay thread does. If you don't beleive in GOD for homosexual reason, you should just learn to now cos there is more to GOD than sexual appeal.

So also gay thread does. If you don't beleive in GOD for homosexual reason, you should just learn to now cos there is more to GOD than sexual appeal.

you didn't understand me, james - therefore forget what I wrote...

I just want to add something: as long I want to talk with rogerio and as long he or others want to talk with me - then I will talk with him or with them... (and we will decide about the matter)

you didn't understand me, james - therefore forget what I wrote...

I just want to add something: as long I want to talk with rogerio and as long he or others want to talk with me - then I will talk with him or with them... (and we will decide about the matter)

Ok! We misunderstood ouselves here. So, how would you like Jesus Christ to come into your life, now that we are coming to understand each other?

Ok! We misunderstood ouselves here. So, how would you like Jesus Christ to come into your life, now that we are coming to understand each other?

Why must you always feel obliged to speak on behalf of Jesus Christ and what he supposedly wishes to do?

a ) does anyone really believe that james is at all either capable or likely to convert someone to christianity by means of this thread?

b ) does anyone really believe that they can make james stop and think about not trying to convert someone to christianity by means of this thread?

c ) if both a & b are highly unlikely, isn't this thread just a waste of everyone's time?

Why must you always feel obliged to speak on behalf of Jesus Christ and what he supposedly wishes to do?

Am not!

You are asking me a question when I also asked someone a question. That looks like question for question -- you didn't get me right--- Cos there are people who just like things their own way. For the sake of understanding, ain't speaking for JESUS CHRIST but only asking a question of how would he like HIM to come into his life.PERIOD! Let's not change the direction of what I said.

That´s no good.

So... in your opinion respect is a one-way lane, right ?

That´s exactely how extremists behave. You´re just like them, even being atheist.

I know that´s your point of view. But acting like this just make you the same as religious extremists.

I never said respect is a one-way street. I know of plenty of religious people who don't respect my opinion and seek to change it. I will defend your right to your beliefs just as I would anybody's - but that doesn't meant I have to respect their beliefs.

There is totally no proof that a higher power exisits. My beliefs are scientific and constantly evolving. If the weight of evidence makes me an extremist then so be it.

Science is beautiful and can show us directions that an antiquated set of texts cannot.

I never said respect is a one-way street. I know of plenty of religious people who don't respect my opinion and seek to change it. I will defend your right to your beliefs just as I would anybody's - but that doesn't meant I have to respect their beliefs.

There is totally no proof that a higher power exisits. My beliefs are scientific and constantly evolving. If the weight of evidence makes me an extremist then so be it.

Science is beautiful and can show us directions that an antiquated set of texts cannot.

Now I know you don't even understand science , it has always dubbed from nature which centered around laws which govern it. There's in every intelligent man to think about a superior being who to have created it with deeper meditation not just thought alone. Nature by defination explains how the universe goes by these laws. PLZ! If that's what you think is the reason you are far from knowing the truth.

Let's leave homosexual issue out of it cos generally homosexual is wrong act.

:lol:

So you believe homosexuality is a wrong act! Based on what?

How can you leave this out of the question when it actually goes to the root of what is being discussed.

On the subject of religious extremism again - it is this type of 'ignore it if it doesn't fit' religious moderate view that actually fuels extremism.

I tell you what though - I'll do you a deal.

I won't mention homosexuality and the love it creates between 2 people if you don't mention God or religion and the hate that it creates.

For the sake of understanding, ain't speaking for JESUS CHRIST but only asking a question of how would he like HIM to come into his life.PERIOD! Let's not change the direction of what I said.

When are you going to let Science and Reason come into your life?

:lol:

So you believe homosexuality is a wrong act! Based on what?

How can you leave this out of the question when it actually goes to the root of what is being discussed.

On the subject of religious extremism again - it is this type of 'ignore it if it doesn't fit' religious moderate view that actually fuels extremism.

I tell you what though - I'll do you a deal.

I won't mention homosexuality and the love it creates between 2 people if you don't mention God or religion and the hate that it creates.

You are just a lay man with little meditation and thought. You should have read what my follow up comment said.PLZ, MY brother, try to learn to understand others first before making a comment!

Now I know you don't even understand science , it has always dubbed from nature which centered around laws which govern it. There's in every intelligent man to think about a superior being who to have created it with deeper meditation not just thought alone. Nature by defination explains how the universe goes by these laws. PLZ! If that's what you think is the reason you are far from knowing the truth.

You know I don't understand science? What is the basis of such an assuption? It seems to me that you ignore science and are sucked into the cult of religion.

Why does there have to be a superior being? Who created the superior being?

Nature does explain what we know about the Universe and what we seek to find out. There are also likely to be myriad questions that we don't even know to ask. That is the beauty of Science.

As for knowig the truth. I never claimed to know the truth. Science is far too big for that. It's not all contained in one book and then open to wild interpretation.

The sooner you realise that religion does not hold the answer or the truth the better.

You are just a lay man with little meditation and thought. You should have read what my follow up comment said.PLZ, MY brother, try to learn to understand others first before making a comment!

Assumptions again.

You know nothing of me, my history, my education, realtionship with the church or theology.

Your comments are full of hypocracy. You seemed to have made a decision at the age of 8 and are persuing this blindly. Investigate what people say about the church who do not support it and maybe you will understand more.

You know I don't understand science? What is the basis of such an assuption? It seems to me that you ignore science and are sucked into the cult of religion.

Why does there have to be a superior being? Who created the superior being?

Nature does explain what we know about the Universe and what we seek to find out. There are also likely to be myriad questions that we don't even know to ask. That is the beauty of Science.

As for knowig the truth. I never claimed to know the truth. Science is far too big for that. It's not all contained in one book and then open to wild interpretation.

The sooner you realise that religion does not hold the answer or the truth the better.

You are lost about what I meant! Beside, science(that you are beautifyin) has so many unanswered questions too just the way I can't explain who created the superior bieng.

One thing you should know also is that the bible is not trying to hinder human progress but science is taking human above progress. Earth is a mess from its harmful impact and more is to follow. My faith is strong even if am wrong but it's harmless. I know am not wrong by my test.

I think God is getting bored by this whole thread.

jimjam, I can't believe u actually engaged the Enlightened One in debate? :rolleyes:

God couldn't be bored as he/she/it doesn't exist. ;)

And anyway - I believe it is my duty to spread the word of science and reason - although unlike the poor mis-guided fools in the Jehovah's witnesses I don't go knocking on doors. Why do they always seem to come around when there is something good on the telly or when you are having sex? Maybe they hear the noise and want to join in.

Maybe that is what James needs? A great big cock up his arse?

You are lost about what I meant! Beside, science(that you are beautifyin) has so many unanswered questions too just the way I can't explain who created the superior bieng.

Of course Science has unanswered questions. Beautiful isn't it? The greatest bit is that it knows that it doesn't have the answers. It doesn't even know all the questions.

And if I'm lost about what you mean - it is probably becuase you don't know what you mean.

God couldn't be bored as he/she/it doesn't exist. ;)

And anyway - I believe it is my duty to spread the word of science and reason - although unlike the poor mis-guided fools in the Jehovah's witnesses I don't go knocking on doors. Why do they always seem to come around when there is something good on the telly or when you are having sex? Maybe they hear the noise and want to join in.

Maybe that is what James needs? A great big cock up his arse?

Don't allow me make a fool of you here in the forum. So, just keep away from insulting me. I haven't coaxed you to such an extend in any. Am a science student too and I don't think you have to spread the word of science to me!

If want respect I'll give it to you based on discinplinery and well meaningful society but, if you want insult from the science angle as you are taking it to be that science have no ethics--I'll give it to you double. PLZ!!!

One thing you should know also is that the bible is not trying to hinder human progress but science is taking human above progress. Earth is a mess from its harmful impact and more is to follow. My faith is strong even if am wrong but it's harmless. I know am not wrong by my test.

The church and religion does try to hinder progress by claiming to have answers that it cannot support, justify or evidence. It closes down thought and discussion and is anti-science.

How can Science take humans above progress? That is not possible.

That developments are not always beneficial is accepted - I would not seek to argue this is not the case. Science is beautiful but not always correct - and always seeks to check itself and correct when needed. Not something the church is keen to do.

Religion is harmful. Check out how many wars there have been (and continue to be) based on religion.

Oh and your test! You make me laugh. Your test at the age of 8. :lol:

Archived