What Do You Think About God?

james

i love god, but i think i may love money a little more.

i should convert to judaism.

It reminds me of the Pharesees and the saducees.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some of my fellow British members may have noticed a bit of a kerfuffle today after the new Liberal Democrat leader Nick Clegg said in a radio interview that he didn't believe in God. Can't see that it really matters myself.

Heard that also. I think its good that a Politican can say it without there being a big backlash against him, but he represents liberal ideas, so it`s not a big shock to me.

• 2 weeks later...

In the NAME of the FATHER,SON and the HOLY GHOST, I bless you all and wish you all a happy new!

In the NAME of the FATHER,SON and the HOLY GHOST, I bless you all and wish you all a happy new!

What do you mean by God? Jesus Christ or ??

You only seen from one angle that's you can see that you breathe, that's all you think. If you really want to be above the ordinary human being you need to know GOD ALMIGHTY so that you can see beyond what the ordinary eyes can see, what science tools can not decipher.

You are lost when you don't know HIM through JESUS CHRIST. It's amazing some people even in church lack the true encounter.

Because I believe it's all a bad stab at early fiction. Simple. Sorry - but that is my opinion. God is just a word thrown about to justify every evil fucked up thing mankind does to each other.

Because I believe it's all a bad stab at early fiction. Simple. Sorry - but that is my opinion. God is just a word thrown about to justify every evil fucked up thing mankind does to each other.

"Because you beleive!" That's the reason why because you are just guessing. Have you really tried to know the truth about JESUS CHRIST at all?

I know what you are thinking, cos it's just too hard for you to leave your old immoral ways as they seem interesting and full of fun to you. There's more to JESUS CHRIST than fun, there's eternity---I know many don't want to live for eternity, not when there is peace accorded with it.

You see we should learn to put away one member that would likely prevent we from entering into eternal life. I beseech, my sister, to come to term with love and life that's abundant in the way of Jesus Christ. I can feel it in you thatl one day you will know it's truth. Maybe you will receive the holy spirit soon to lead you aright.

Thank you!

"Because you beleive!" That's the reason why because you are just guessing. Have you really tried to know the truth about JESUS CHRIST at all?

I know what you are thinking, cos it's just too hard for you to leave your old immoral ways as they seem interesting and full of fun to you. There's more to JESUS CHRIST than fun, there's eternity---I know many don't want to live for eternity, not when there is peace accorded with it.

You see we should learn to put away one member that would likely prevent we from entering into eternal life. I beseech, my sister, to come to term with love and life that's abundant in the way of Jesus Christ. I can feel it in you thatl one day you will know it's truth. Maybe you will receive the holy spirit soon to lead you aright.

Thank you!

You really need to remove foot form ass young African homosexual Olympic fan. Wah! You make me cry and then I starve half of population as retribution. I will not be made a mockery of!

Let me add some points here.

First, I do believe in God and in salvation in Jesus Christ. Period.

Second, I do know that people don´t need to agree with me on that, and I must respect that.

Every one may live according to his own beliefs. It´s called "free arbitration". The Bible says it´s a men´s right. God or any other deity may force you to belive in Him, it´s up to you to decide.

But.... for non-believers, it would be fair to respect the right of choice of the believers. Both have the same rights to live according to his own beliefs.

I believe everybody agree with these two points.

But it´s true, also, that religious people normally have a more balanced life. Their sense of community is more evident than among non-believers, who tend to be individualists.

This is not general, of course, it depends much on their lay, family and religous education. But the moderate religious tend to be more tolerant, united and charitable than the extremists and the atheists.

But it´s true, also, that religious people normally have a more balanced life. Their sense of community is more evident than among non-believers, who tend to be individualists.

This is not general, of course, it depends much on their lay, family and religous education. But the moderate religious tend to be more tolerant, united and charitable than the extremists and the atheists.

I have some questions for you Rogerioandrade,

1.) ...what is for you the definition of a "religious person"? (is it able that somebody is claiming to be religious, but you would deny that he/she/it is religious?)

2.) .... what are for you the criteria of a "balanced life"? (I doubt that we will find a general definition, to which everybody agrees)

3.) ... who decides that somebody has a "balanced life"? (shouldn't anybody esteem his/hers life himself/herself?)

4.) .... what are "non-believers" for you?

5.) ... from which community do you speak?

I have some questions for you Rogerioandrade,

ok... but let me make clear that´s just my point of view. Logically you may not agree with that, and that´s ok for me.

1) someone who has some kind of spiritual belief, rather than just believing in matherialism.

2,3) to have a balanced life, in my point of view, is to live without been keen to commit crimes, to be addicted to drugs, alcohol (etc.), to have a clear idea of justice, respect and rightnesss. Of course these criteria depend much on each one´s beliefs. But depends also of the approach - extremists always fall out of the edges.

4) people who do not have any kind of spiritual belief.

5) sense of community, or sense of living in a group rather than living just for itself.

I do believe that religion in general is good for the people, for the health, for the brain, for people´s social convivence. But religion is something that is very, very particular of a person. I don´t agree, for example, with religion-oriented governments. Religion is something that must be always taken moderately, in a sense that one´s may follow the belief he wants, but never forgotting that it´s necessary to respect the belief of the others too.

But.... for non-believers, it would be fair to respect the right of choice of the believers. Both have the same rights to live according to his own beliefs.

I believe everybody agree with these two points.

Respect is a two-way street, Rogerio. I haven't seen a lot of respect from another person of faith in this discussion.

I like to think that God was a physical human being, who lived thousands of years ago who travelled the lands telling stories and doing good deeds, helping people, and performing what must have seemed like miracles at the time. I like to think that this person was so admired and had thousands of followers from all over. At the time of their death, many would have thought that they were watching over them from above and would still ask for advice, forgiveness and help with problems through prayer. Over the centuries i think that this person became idolised as a god through differet peoples, hence major world religions have a one god.

Archived