Canada's Olympic Team

taichi

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lauren Groves broke her arm in the Women's triathlon race. Ouch.

No Canadian was in real contention after the bike portion of the race.

The Baseball team lost another one run game against Japan, they're out of medal contention at this point.

We have two athletes that made it in to the Women's Trampoline finals later on today. We got two great medal shots with them with the field of 8 athletes.

We also have the finals for the Equestrian Team Jumping. Canada is currently in 4th.

Those are our only medal contenders for the day.

There's only 18 Gold medals being awarded today compared to 37 yesterday. What a difference.

This will be Ian Miller's first ever Olympic medal!

And Canada had an heroic effort to get to this position: after commiting 12 faults in the first round and having one team member withdraw because of an injury sustained by his horse, Ian Miller and Jill Henselwood go clean while Erik Lamaze got just four faults.

Here is something I posted in the athletics forum. Hope it cheers you up

"Well, let me say this also. I think that of all the developed countries, Canada in general and Mr. Dick Pound, in specific both need to be recognised and congratulated formally by the IOC for the tireless work they have done in fighting the scourge of Doping in international sport. Sure, Canada doesn't medal nearly as high as we do and canadians congratulate their athletes for placing 29th out of 30 in an event but the thing is, of all the devloped countries, they have demonstrated the most respect for the Olympic ideals of fair and clean participation. I just wish the USA could have such a glistening record also. "

There's 20 Gold Medals up for grabs today.

These are Canada's chances at a medal today:

Men's Triathlon: Simon Whitfield

Men's Freestyle Wrestling 60kg: Saeed Azarbayjani

Men's Trampoline Final: Jason Burnett

Men's 3m Springboard Diving: Alexandre Despatie

Men's Cycling Madison: Zachary Bell & Martin Gilbert

Women's 100m Hurdles Final: Priscilla Lopes-Schliep

Edited by dave199

Congrats to Whitfield on another Olympic medal! Silver for Canada!

man, i really thought he was a shoe-in for gold when he started that sprint, it was so close....he may have started that sprint a bit too early. What a great race!

I should also mention that Whitfield is another British Columbian, where nearly all of Canada's medals at these Games have been produced.