Canada's Olympic Team

taichi

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still consider Barcelona's performance the best because a) it wasn't boycotted and B) we won 7 gold medals, by far our best result.

Hopefully Sergerie and van Koeverdan can get 2 or 3 golds to get us higher up the official medal table.

GOLD IN EQUESTRIAN

Eric Lamaze and Hickstead made it and brought home Canada's 3rd gold medal in Beijing ... what en equestrian nation you are suddenly ;)

This makes Canada being 16th in the medal table with 3G, 7S, 5B ... go, Canada, go :P !!!

Eric-Lamaze_Hickstead4_web.gif

What a personal redemption for this guy. He is now officially turned his life around big time.

Faster, no doubt that Barcelona was a spectacular Games for Canada for the reasons given. And Atlanta was probably the second best. LA will always have that * on it, but I think even with the Soviet Bloc, Canada would have still fared well, but not 44 medals good. But it almost seems that 3 gold has become our natural number in the years since Montreal. A few more stars aligning in the next couple of days could change that. And, I hope, with another big medal haul in Vancouver, the country will start to focus some attention on the Summer Olympics.

Katerine Sergerie just BARELY defeated Tina Morgan of Australia in her round of sixteen, wining by superiority, which is the slimmest margin by which you can win a match. Not the best way to start the tournament, but its still a win.

OH MY F*CKING GOD... Van Koeverden just chocked in the 1000... this is disgusting... I quit.

Such is sport. Germany's Sonja Pfeilschifter also is dominant in woman's shooting -- but she even failed to reach both of her finals at these Games. Sometimes, the pressure is simply too strong.

Such is sport. Germany's Sonja Pfeilschifter also is dominant in woman's shooting -- but she even failed to reach both of her finals at these Games. Sometimes, the pressure is simply too strong.

Or sometimes you just lay an egg in the most in-opportune time.

Edited by Faster

congrats to Hall!

man did Van Koeverden choke, I've never seen such a Canadian athlete that was so depressed at these Games. He was about to cry in the interview. Hope he can recover for tomorrow's race!

Go Adam!!!

congrats to Hall!

man did Van Koeverden choke, I've never seen such a Canadian athlete that was so depressed at these Games. He was about to cry in the interview. Hope he can recover for tomorrow's race!

Go Adam!!!

good luck for tomorrow but it will take a massive effort to get up

congrats to Hall!

Go Adam!!!

How's it a choke, he had a bad race, he saw the stronger paddlers at the distance move up on him and once he was passed and didn't have a chance at a medal he shut it down to save energy for tomorrow.

Edited by Faster

Well today hasn't been too good for Canada, Cools, van Koeverden, Michaud all out of the medals. Hall medaled, while Sergerie is in the semi-final in the easier half of the draw. There is outside medal chances in the C1 1000m and men's 4x100m relay with all the DNFs and DQs