Prague Venues

Jim856796

For Prague to host an Olympic Games, it needs some more sports venues.

The Czech Republic has a lack of large stadia and other important Olympic sports infrastructure. If Prague is hto host an Olympic Games, three sports centres are to be built:

A velodrome for cyclists in Prague or Brno.

A swimming stadium that is constructed from the existing Prague-Sutka Aquapark. I found a swimming venue named "Plavecky Stadion Podoli" on Worldstadiums.com. It is unknown if this venue is part of the Prague-Sutka Aquapark.

The major Olympic Complex that is to be built on the outskirts of Prague in Litnany.

Seeing as the Czech Republic is a landlocked country, the yachting events would be in Lipno.

The Rowing and Canoeing would be in Racice, and slalom would be held in Troja.

Some stadiums already in place are the Sazka Arena, and the T-Mobil Arena.

There are plans to rebuild the area around the Strahov Stadion as an Olympic Village, though I do not know what the site itself would be used for.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
it's not that strange. berlin's olympic stadium has a similar cut.

berlin.jpg

i realize the the roof is a new addition, but the purpose is the same: to see the cauldron.

Why would the re-styled Berlin Olympic Staidum need 'to see the cauldron'? They're not (yet) re-hosting another OGs. The cut-away is more to emphasize that WHOLE section rather than just the cauldron which won't be needed until they host another SOGs.

Why would the re-styled Berlin Olympic Staidum need 'to see the cauldron'? They're not (yet) re-hosting another OGs. The cut-away is more to emphasize that WHOLE section rather than just the cauldron which won't be needed until they host another SOGs.

I believe the cutaway is not just for the prospect of the cauldron on top of the marathon gate, it is to show the Maifield and Glockenturm (bell tower).

Archived