2026 World Cup - A Gamesbids Competition

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NEW ZEALAND 2026

New Light

8 venues from New Zealand, 1 from Australia.

World Cup will provide basis for a 6-8 team New Zealand Premier League based around the A-League and Wellington Pheonix.

Aaron you f*cking rockstar! Glad to have you back mate.

So yeah - just a basic brochure - check out the other thread for the current applicants and email me yours when it is ready to be uploaded. Also - 9 stadiums? Normally FIFA requires 10 - but lets see that plan, mate!

And Emre - just let me know when you are done.

I am gladyly to anounce here that I know I may not come out due to some circumstance beyond my control in this forum. The forum has had enough of my nerves and that may play a part.

At the end, I would say, "I tried my best but it wasn't good enough".

NEW ZEALAND 2026

New Light

8 venues from New Zealand, 1 from Australia.

World Cup will provide basis for a 6-8 team New Zealand Premier League based around the A-League and Wellington Pheonix.

Hey Aaron _ I was wondering if a competition would lure you back! Glad to see you here!

I am gladyly to anounce here that I know I may not come out due to some circumstance beyond my control in this forum. The forum has had enough of my nerves and that may play a part.

At the end, I would say, "I tried my best but it wasn't good enough".

James - the applicant report will decide whether or not your bid is good enough. Until then, self depreciation is not needed.

If you make it to the next round then you will have to step up your efforts. Until that is decided do not stress.

Just wondering how we're choose the shortlist ? Will it be a small group deciding or are we giving the points Eurovision style ?

I'm going to write up a report weighting each bid based on the venue plan. I will then send my report to a couple of other GBidders for comment. I will also ask someone else to rate my own bid based against the other bids.

The public vote wll decide the winner.

Good point - I'll do that with the next stage. Until all submissions are in I wont put any up. I did think that the having seen the Chile and Spain books. Needless to say Aaron's will probably the most aesthetically pleasing though. He has a way with Microsoft word that leaves me breathless :P

To be honest I think the Aust and Gulf Region bid brochures are what I hoped everyone would do - but flashy graphics and colourful pictures now means you'll be repeating yourself soon.

Well, seing the other brochures, Bulgaria-Romania seems too realistic. Most of the other bids include many made up stadia and capacities, out of the 12 arenas in my bid only one is additional (and therefore made up), all the others are existing projects. Hope that wouldn't cost me many points.

Hey Aaron _ I was wondering if a competition would lure you back! Glad to see you here!

Well, it was a coicidence actually. I've found myself too busy (till now) to drop by GB.com...accept for a quick check on to your comment following the Ruddslide (long cheer!)

Plus everyone knows west australians come out of communication hybernation in summer!

Word of warning- you're playing with fire matey! Snubbing Tasmania and Gosford in favour for Darwin and Townsville in your bid!!! That fish and chip shop chick who won Big Brother II and Ricky Ponting wont be pleased! Bold yes, but also sensible...Why? Well Gosford is merely a closet Sydney while Tasmania offers nothing more than further drop in votes for the Green come next election.

Cyclone cities all the way i say!!

Well, seing the other brochures, Bulgaria-Romania seems too realistic. Most of the other bids include many made up stadia and capacities, out of the 12 arenas in my bid only one is additional (and therefore made up), all the others are existing projects. Hope that wouldn't cost me many points.

Well only 1 entirely new stadium will be needed for the New Zealand bid. The rest are upgrades (mostly temporary), although some more extreme than others....New Zealands ageing rugby sheds need a football face lift!

It's all spending pretend money.

Anyway, we've only got two brand new stadia _ Brisbane and a temporary thing in Darwin a la London. The rest are all seating upgrades basically.

Well, it was a coicidence actually. I've found myself too busy (till now) to drop by GB.com...accept for a quick check on to your comment following the Ruddslide (long cheer!)

Plus everyone knows west australians come out of communication hybernation in summer!

Word of warning- you're playing with fire matey! Snubbing Tasmania and Gosford in favour for Darwin and Townsville in your bid!!! That fish and chip shop chick who won Big Brother II and Ricky Ponting wont be pleased! Bold yes, but also sensible...Why? Well Gosford is merely a closet Sydney while Tasmania offers nothing more than further drop in votes for the Green come next election.

Cyclone cities all the way i say!!

I was waiting for some more heat in the comments after the Ruddslide. I remember a few passionate exchanges with I think it was yourself and Eruedan during and after the 2004 election.

I thought long and hard about the Taswegians. Then I thought bugger it, I've wasted too much brain effort on them.

Everyone in Gosford/Central Coast works in Sydney anyway.

Archived