2026 World Cup - A Gamesbids Competition

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will present the Chilean bid... if we can't do it in reality, let's do it in the contest :D

logochile2026fn0.png

Besides, I was wondering... how will Chile host the 2026 WC if we won the 2026 WOG contest? Maybe we can mix both tournaments... :P

Sure , I would be happy to help you with the bid ! (:

Ah, very sorry NYCD 2012, the tomorrow I must go back to my hometown and in this month I'll stay in my hometown, in my hometown the internet connection is very bad, so I can't launch the bid, very sorry, officially I cancel Indonesia bid... :(

uffffffffffffffffff

help me to make this documantation.. or i will make it in pwer point and then send one of you :D

Hi - for those of you who cant PDF, just email me your word docs or powerpoints and I will convert it and upload it.

nyc2012@gmail.com is the email address to send it to.

OK - so just in regards to the voting for the shortlist. What I will do is an 'applicant report' that sums up the bid strengths and weaknesses etc - I will be impartial and will ask someone else to rate my own bid. This report will recommend the finalist bids - however we can put it to a vote. 1 vote per member, etc.

Otherwise we can use a poll - i think most of us (ahem) are over the 'faux member' voting scandals.

Thus far we have bids from

Australia

Bulgaria/Romania

The Gulf Region

Scandinavia

James - may I suggest you do a Nigeria bid? Most of us here are aware of Abuja - however I personally would like to see pictures and info on stadia on Lagos, etc...?

I will present the info and photo of some of the stadia in the final bid book.

OK – just to clarify what a basic world cup bid needs –

In your host country/countries you need to nominate a minimum of 8 host cities. 2 of these cities can have two stadia. Thus you end up with a total of 10 stadiums – the bare necessity needed for a successful 32 team competition. If you want 12 stadiums – that’s fine – but that means you need a minimum 10 cities involved.

In the second bid document that will be due after the shortlist you will need to give more concrete info – accommodation, transport and stadium specifics.

The initial 2 page brochure is due DECEMBER 16th.

The shortlist will be determined by DECEMBER 23rd or earlier.

The final round will begin just after Christmas.

The initial two page brochure should be just a brief justification on why your country/region should host, a list of the proposed cities and stadiums (provide a very basic map of where each city is located) as well as your logo.

A two page brochure won't be able to contain such information. May I suggested the need for those information

to be on the second bid document. Infact the, whole instruction has not been pasted once.

James -

I have amended the original instructions each time anything has been updated. I suggest you check that before criticising. I will not be hand holding with this competition. The first submission is a simple 2 page brochure - I want to see the list of planned cities and stadiums, a brief introduction to your bid and why your bid country should move forward. I would also like to see a basic map of where every city is.

This is what is required, this is not negotiable. We have been running these competitions here for nearly 3 years now and this is how we do it.

The second part of the competition will only be confirmed once we have made a shortlist and the final bids are determined.

That is all the info you need or will get at this point.

James -

I have amended the original instructions each time anything has been updated. I suggest you check that before criticising. I will not be hand holding with this competition. The first submission is a simple 2 page brochure - I want to see the list of planned cities and stadiums, a brief introduction to your bid and why your bid country should move forward. I would also like to see a basic map of where every city is.

This is what is required, this is not negotiable. We have been running these competitions here for nearly 3 years now and this is how we do it.

The second part of the competition will only be confirmed once we have made a shortlist and the final bids are determined.

That is all the info you need or will get at this point.

Sorry,I have sent mine before the amendment. So I have to take time to work on another one. Am I right? You were a little bit hash there.

Sorry,I have sent mine before the amendment. So I have to take time to work on another one. Am I right?

I disagree I was harsh - noone else is having trouble following the rules - so just read the posts and we'll be fine :)

Now thanks for your bid brochure - can you just add a map and note if the stadiums are existing or ones you plan on building? You dont HAVE to use 100% existing stadiums - you can invent new ones if you wish. Just note that 10 or 12 'new' stadiums makes it a bit unbelievable.

Just as a guide, FIFA normally demands host stadiums have a minimum capacity of 40,000 seats. So you may need to note what stadiums will get extra seating upgrades.

Faster - no stadium costs are needed right now. Just a brief introduction (which you left out James) on why your country should host and what makes your bid special, the stadiums planned, a map and logo.

I have started a new thread to post the mini and full bid books. Please continue any discussions in here.

To cust down on wasted space I will start individual discussion threads once the shortlist is done.

Just keeping it nice and neat!!

I too am looking forward to the Argentine bid. Just so you all know I have posted the NIgeria and Australia bid brochures as well - direct inks are in the other thread.

So I am waiting for the Bulgaria bid, Argentina and Greece/Turkey/Cyprus. Anyone else joining in? A Malaysia/Singapore bid??

I too am looking forward to the Argentine bid. Just so you all know I have posted the NIgeria and Australia bid brochures as well - direct inks are in the other thread.

So I am waiting for the Bulgaria bid, Argentina and Greece/Turkey/Cyprus. Anyone else joining in? A Malaysia/Singapore bid??

Nah , I prefer to watch it on the sidelines . ;) Besides , the standard of Malaysian football has dropped by a long shot. Malaysia was an Asian powerhouse next to Korea and now , they're among Asia weakest teams .

I took a look at my mini bid book it was a fowl scratch. Damn ugly. I really need to work on a better one when doing the bid book proper.

Archived