Vancouver 2010 Online Store Open!

SkiFreak

Also Vancouver 2010 ships only within Canada - like HBC does! What a stupid policy - but thank god that there is ebay for all non canadians :rolleyes:

Hmm it's not a stupid policy...

It's called protecting Beijing 2008 marketing rights.

VANOC will most likely not be able to sell its merchandize on the international maket til the end of Beijing so as not to compete with Beijing 2008 program.

They only have about 25% of the Official Lapel pins issued (47 vs. 166). So, for out of towners Radar the Pin Guy or e-Bay are still the best sources.

I'm sure that will change soon - just give them time. The one good thing is that they are the same price that you would find in the stores. And if you were subscribed to news from vancouver2010.com already, you can get free shipping for orders over $20.10. (Otherwise it's free if you're over $100). For those in town, check out the framing store across the mall from London Drugs downtown.

The decision to only ship to Canada is there while they determine which companies get the rights to sell in each country. HBC has the license to sell in Canada, while some other company will get the US rights, and another in Germany, another in Japan, and so on. The rights would not be worth as much if anyone in the world could go to hbc.com and get products shipped to them. Eventually those other companies will have the rights to their portion of the Olympic store. You'll see "CANADIAN STORE" in the top right of the screen right now. The US store should be coming soon, with others to follow.

The US store should be coming soon, with others to follow.

You are right. I clicked on one of the scarves and it says: "US store soming soon."

The scarves are nice, but ouch, $50? They are 100% wool though.

Here's the page where it says US store coming soon:

Wool Scarf

• 3 weeks later...

Just a FYI to everyone...

The Vancouver 2010 Olympic Store added new items early this week including new 2010 bags, 2010 umbrellas, 2010 shirts, 2010 hats, and 160+ Vancouver 2010 Pins.

Also, the Quatchi, Miga, and Sumi 2010 mascots are NOT sold out!

Tomorrow at 10 am PT is the order cutoff time in order to receive merchandise before Christmas (must select the overnight shipping option).

Cheers!

You are right. I clicked on one of the scarves and it says: "US store soming soon."

The scarves are nice, but ouch, $50? They are 100% wool though.

Here's the page where it says US store coming soon:

Wool Scarf

Hmm. I thought it would be the ones the Bay has on sale already. The kind of scarf I saw there was like the ones the Canadian team wore at the Torino 2006 closing ceremony, but here it is blue instead of the red ones.