Beijing 2008 On-line Overseas Olympic Store

cfm Jeremie

I little warning if you order some clothings.

Their sizing seems to be different.

I just received a polo with size XXL (I'm 6' tall, 245 pounds) and I'm not able to wear it.

Their XXL seems to be even smaller than our XL.

Next time I will order something, I will ask XXXL or even XXXXL if available.

so how much was shipping to you in Canada?

yes, China is known for its small sizes - look at the average sized man/woman there! very short and small! From Wikipedia, it says the average male height in China is 5' 4.8" and the average female height is 5' 0.8"!! It probably should have known better (esp because they are selling to an international market)... but that's why.

I just received a polo with size XXL (I'm 6' tall, 245 pounds) and I'm not able to wear it.

Their XXL seems to be even smaller than our XL.

Next time I will order something, I will ask XXXL or even XXXXL if available.

Sorry to hear that Alain. But you see next year's Games are only the XXIX Olympiad. So, they're basing it on that. By London (XXX), they'll get 3-rated X size right; and even better for Chicago - XXXI!!! :lol::lol:

BTW, check your tickets very well esp. if you have a seat assigned to #4. That may be on the ticket -- but because it's one of the 'bad luck' numbers, those actual seat numbers may not exist. I think all this Chinese numerology thing is what screwed up their Ticketing!! :o

Edited by baron-pierreIV

Sorry to hear that Alain. But you see next year's Games are only the XXIX Olympiad. So, they're basing it on that. By London (XXX), they'll get 3-rated X size right; and even better for Chicago - XXXI!!! :lol::lol:

So, there is only one thing to do for me.

Eating steamed rice for the next 9 months.

With that diet and the weight I will lose, I will then be able to fit in their XXL clothings.

:rolleyes:

Well, I guess after you enter your country, then the system can spit out what shipping costs will be. Without that, how would the system know?

There are a few companies that sell online that quote shipping prices to the different continents depending on weight or price payment.

Seeing the lastest news. Where did you get that link from?

What I am not understanding in the article is what are they complaining about? Is the merchandise not really or are they getting the stuff illegally or they just reselling what they have already bought?

Doesn't really matter to me, they don't ship to the US. It's getting to be a common theme, to get an Olympic T-shirt you have to go to the USOC's online store where the selection is pathetic. The Vancouver website is promising a store for US consumers coming soon, which isn't usually anytime soon.

• 3 months later...