The Verdicts Of The Ioc Presidents

Could we give serious answers to a serious question?

As far as I know or could find it on the web:

• Turin 2006, Jacques Rogge: "Magnificent Games"
  • Athens 2004, Jacques Rogge: "Unforgettable dream Games"
  • Salt Lake 2002, Jacques Rogge: "Superb Games"
  • Sydney 2000, Juan Antonio Samaranch: "The best Olympic Games ever"
  • Nagano 1998, Juan Antonio Samaranch: "The best organisation in the history of the Olympic Winter Games"
  • Atlanta 1996, Juan Antonio Samaranch: "Well done, Atlanta" / "The Games of unity have indeed been most exceptional Games"
  • Lillehammer 1994, Juan Antonio Samaranch: "The best Olympic Winter Games ever"
  • Barcelona 1992, Juan Antonio Samaranch: "The best Olympic Games ever"
  • Albertville 1992, Juan Antonio Samaranch: ???
  • Seoul 1988, Juan Antonio Samaranch: ???
  • Calgary 1988, Juan Antonio Samaranch: "The best Olympic Winter Games ever"

I believe that before 1988, no IOC president gave a real verdict about the Games. Even Samaranch himself didn't make a real verdict about the LA 1984 Olympics but only praised (according to the official report) "the perfect staging of the Games".

I think the veredicts are not important. The people and spectators are the ones who will judge this olympics, not the presidents (thats what Rooge always criticized of Samaranch. About this last one i wouldn't bother much to investigate. He declared every olympics as the Best Ever except for Atlanta)

I think the veredicts are not important. The people and spectators are the ones who will judge this olympics, not the presidents (thats what Rooge always criticized of Samaranch. About this last one i wouldn't bother much to investigate. He declared every olympics as the Best Ever except for Atlanta)

Rogge never criticized Samaranch.

That's wrong. As I've already written, Samaranch didn't call the LA 1984 Olympics the "best ever", and about Seoul, I couldn't find any information. So probably he only called the Barcelona and Sydney Olympics the best ever. And in terms of the Winter Games, probably only Calgary and Lillehammer got that verdict.

That's wrong. As I've already written, Samaranch didn't call the LA 1984 Olympics the "best ever", and about Seoul, I couldn't find any information. So probably he only called the Barcelona and Sydney Olympics the best ever. And in terms of the Winter Games, probably only Calgary and Lillehammer got that verdict.

In Los Ángeles he said "Thank you,America"

Why do we give so much credence to the closing ramblings
I think the veredicts are not important. The people and spectators are the ones who will judge this olympics, not the presidents

I agree, the people and/or spectators judge about the olympics and not the IOC president, but it is fun - it is like to discuss about the best logo or best mascot etc etc...

Archived