Tvnz Misses Out On Olympics Rights

mattygs

Im kinda shocked, but TVNZ has lost the rights to the Olympics.

The rights to broadcast Vancouver 2010 and London 2012 have been awared to Sky TV and its free to air broadcaster - Prime.

I really do wonder how the coverage will be. TVNZ has by and large provided excellent classy coverage.

I really hope it doesnt turn into a sportjock american style coverage.

I also wonder what will be lost with the TVNZ expertise in producing the sailing coverage. They have had that job for a number of recent Olympics and have always been cutting edge - eespecially with the NZ born Virtual Spectator, made famous with the Americas Cup.

Im kinda shocked, but TVNZ has lost the rights to the Olympics.

The rights to broadcast Vancouver 2010 and London 2012 have been awared to Sky TV and its free to air broadcaster - Prime.

I really do wonder how the coverage will be. TVNZ has by and large provided excellent classy coverage.

I really hope it doesnt turn into a sportjock american style coverage.

I also wonder what will be lost with the TVNZ expertise in producing the sailing coverage. They have had that job for a number of recent Olympics and have always been cutting edge - eespecially with the NZ born Virtual Spectator, made famous with the Americas Cup.

:angry:bloody good job! :angry:

I'm sick and tired of those rusty old faces getting gravey train rides on a government owed company. At least we wont have to put up with Brendan Telfer and co trying to be cool and hip amoungst it...And I certainly wouldn't call TVNZ's coverage classy when at an opening ceremony they stay live untill a sponsor forced ad break that is usually on when the NZ team marches out...Just like Sydney 2000 then causing a time slip coverage!

Hope they loose the Commonwealths as well!

Sooner the NZ Government breaks the company up and sells it off, the better!

I am suprised to see Sky TV awarded coverage of the olympics. I will be intersted to see how sky television adapts its coverage. We might also see a 24 hour channel devoted to the olympics which would be fantastic. I will miss some of the commentators though especially John McBeth and Keith Quinn.

I will miss some of the commentators though especially John McBeth and Keith Quinn.

<_< Those two were the biggest gravey train riders of them all.

Sky is looking to create a multi-channel event, with focuses on major sports and good coverage of lesser sports that NZ will attend in. I guess that TVNZ simply didn't have a big enough cheque book, or they were just too late on launching the Digital Freeview network.

<_< Those two were the biggest gravey train riders of them all.

Sky is looking to create a multi-channel event, with focuses on major sports and good coverage of lesser sports that NZ will attend in. I guess that TVNZ simply didn't have a big enough cheque book, or they were just too late on launching the Digital Freeview network.

Ye sky television will have a great multi channel olympic coverage which will be brilliant

Archived