Fave 2010 Mascot  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What's your Fave Mascot for 2010

• Quatchi - sasquatch
    • Miga - sea-bear
    • Sumi - thunderbird spirit
    • Muk Muk - marmot (unofficial)
    • Icky - they all stink

I'm not surprised to see Muk Muk running away with it here. The word around the watercooler this week was that most people think he's the winner and they'd be likely to buy him before the others. Too bad he isn't for sale.

Maybe it's the Lure of the Forbidden. If he were up for sale, maybe there might not be that much attraction?

The Bay Downtown is temporarily sold out of both the small ($25) and large ($40) Quatche plushy. They are taking names for when new stock arrives. So, in general people have voted with their wallets for Quatche!

Miga seemed to be selling well today when I was there.

The Bay Downtown is temporarily sold out of both the small ($25) and large ($40) Quatche plushy. They are taking names for when new stock arrives. So, in general people have voted with their wallets for Quatche!

Miga seemed to be selling well today when I was there.

amazing. yesterday, i got there at around 12:30, they were re-stocking shelfs that were already empty. it's amazing how fast they've gone.

since they're ordering 1,000 more....lets say they're the $30 Quatchi plushies. 1,000 x $30 = $30,000. And 10% are VANOC royalties, so VANOC gets $3,000.

amazing. yesterday, i got there at around 12:30, they were re-stocking shelfs that were already empty. it's amazing how fast they've gone.

since they're ordering 1,000 more....lets say they're the $30 Quatchi plushies. 1,000 x $30 = $30,000. And 10% are VANOC royalties, so VANOC gets $3,000.

VANOC Gets 15% + 2% advertsing (total 17%) on the wholesale price not the retail price.

And you would be talking Millions for a plush licensee who pays it, not the retail store. Unless it is an official Olympic Store which has to be a percentage on the retail price (closer to 5%)

Realistically, I don't see a mascot plush toy ever making enough money for any organizing committee to consider it a major revenue generator. It is mostly a marketing tool for getting people engaged in the Games (mostly children). The serious money comes from sponsorship.and tv.

Muk Muk is da man!!!! He's cooler than the three official mascots (all of them very nice too). Maybe Vanoc should use his image more. Ok, he won't appear in flesh and fur, but I think they shouldn't use him just on the website. Maybe Muk Muk could give some advices to the people during Vancouver games, or being a volunteers mascot maybe. In the vid he seems to have a 'supporting role'. Making him a volunteer mascot would give him more attention.