Muk Muk Fans Thread!

Here's what Mukmuk looks like in real life: A Vancouver Island Marmot

yrlng5.jpg

I can't post photos of the other mascots, because they don't exist.

I have to say, out of the four, Mukmuk is the best, but unfortunately, the powers that be have sidelined him as a sidekick.

I don't like Miga because it looks too similar to:

Img214108293.jpg67960583l.jpg

Plus, it's supposed to be an Orca/Bear. Looks more like a Penguin/Panda.

And Sumi, why couldn't it just be a Thunderbird? Why'd it have to be a Thunderbird with bear legs? :blink:

Quatchi is a fat guy with a burlap sack thrown over him. ;)

From the National Post:

http://www.nationalpost.com/todays_paper/s....html?id=127741

A little explanation why Mukmuk isn't front and center with his hybrid counterparts:

Mukmuk is actually the only real animal. But the committee said it isn't really a mascot and will only make appearances on its Web site. The mascots are the creation of Vancouver graphic designers Vicki Wong and Michael Murphy, who own Meomi Design.

Mukmuk's official unofficial website:

http://www.marmots.org/

I haven't seen Muk Muk, yet. Can somebody introduce to me. Does he like Figure Skating or Speed Skating?

Here's Mukmuk

Mukmuk1.jpgMukMuk2.jpg

Out of the four, he's the best. I've read in the papers that he's only going to be used on the website. No where else. However, maybe with enough pressure, VANOC will reconsider and make him an official mascot. Then we'll see him on pins and other merchandise.

I would love to get a MUKMUK key fob!!!

Yes, and a Muk Muk guitar pick. And Muk Muk gum drops. And Muk Muk ear plugs. And Muk Muk chocolate kisses. And a Muk Muk toque!

Here a Muk, there a Muk, everywhere a Muk Muk!

But I read a quote from VANOC's Brand Manager in Metro today that said if there was enough popular support for the idea, Muk Muk merchandise could see the light of day. We should start a petition or something.

Yes, and a Muk Muk guitar pick. And Muk Muk gum drops. And Muk Muk ear plugs. And Muk Muk chocolate kisses. And a Muk Muk toque!

Here a Muk, there a Muk, everywhere a Muk Muk!

But I read a quote from VANOC's Brand Manager in Metro today that said if there was enough popular support for the idea, Muk Muk merchandise could see the light of day. We should start a petition or something.

...and a MukMuk mp3-player pendant!!!

:wub:

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius