Who'll Make The Shortlist?

Why will our bid lack true sport? My last two replies did because someone made a point about the taxpapyers not liking our bid which I corrected. If you want to go head-to-head on which of our countries has a bigger passion for football bring it on, but tbh I'd rather not have a dick size competition here. You know full well an England 2018 hosting will come with passionate fans and a country that knows football inside out, so don't pretend otherwise to score points. It's sad.

Nobody has forgotten it's an England bid.

Your call for us to improve our national team before we bid seems to be the only "hole" you can pick in an England bid and that's perhaps why you're so keen to point it out again and again despite the fact that it's almost irrelevent (South Africa, Japan, the US and Korea have hosted recently or will host soon; they're not exactly world beaters).

And as for your assertion that we talk as if "Brittannia rules the waves", that's just rubbish and it wreaks of something that someone with no decent, analytical thoughts would come up with to criticise our bid. If you want a decent discussion, you'll have to do better than that because I won't entertain a debate on those grounds.

What will happen in the case of an accident maybe one of the stadia collapsed like the one in Brazil,ROB?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definately England will make the shortlist with what it has on ground.It would profitably removed eyes from other important project like education, having a long run effect on the education sector.

That's not true,Rob. I am affirmative about taking everything into consideration before putting up a bid.Not what NYCD2012 is saying.

I think the fight will be between the ones who think england invented football,have beautiful stadiums and a great football league and so deserve to hsot this major tournament and the ones who think england doesn't really need it,whereas it can change a lot for footbal in china or australia.

I have also one big problem with big nations hosting this thing,it 's that change the outcome of the competition too much.

Look at france 98,i was so happy at the time but would france even reach the semi fi the cup was in russia,would germany defeat argentina in 2006??A home avantage to such big teams isn't fair in my opinion

that's why i prefer countries like USA,Russia,China etc to host 2018

So in other words you're punishing success. It's fine to give virtual no-hopers a home advantage but a country that may have a chance of winning the cup shouldn't get to host it....is that what you're saying or am I missing something? Because that doesn't seem fair.

But remember one thing... even when the WC has been hosted in not-succesful countries, the winner has been a succesful country. Only Chile and South Korea reached to levels when they hosted that they won't reach again in the history of the WC... so giving the WC to Russia or Australia just to improve their game and giving the chance to reach a better place, it isn't really true.

Someone should curtail this England interest in every games here and there. This is getting out of hand. I don't think I like this any more about England. Greed will always consume the rich.

You remind me of Maxiu, James.

Your posts do make me laugh, in a good way :)

Guest Jensen1981

Is there ANYONE who supports a World Cup in the Benelux countries?? I know, we can sum up large lists of reasons why Holland and Belgium should NOT organize a WC. But what if it DID get the World Cup Football. Please think about that too. Don't you guys think it could be a great uttermost sports event when the Benelux will organize it? Benelux is quite central in Europe. Both France, Germany and England don't need to travel that much. Benelux is right on our doorstep. Furthermore, a World Cup in the Benelux would mean a true small-distance, compact event. Most fans don't need to book one specific place in Holland or Belgium. And for the footballplayers, I think, a WC in Holland and Belgium would have got so many advantages over WC's in extremely large countries.

A World Cup 2018 in Holland and Belgium --> Would be the most compact and intimate World Cup in years.

It's not a case of giving reasons why not at all. I see it as far more a case of who is most likely to get on any shortlist.

On the compactness issue, I would argue that England would more than give you a run for your money on that score. All our expected venues can be reached within three hours or so at most from London, without resorting to domestic flights.

Didn't Platini try to suggest a single Euro bid idea as well?

Even if he did, there is going to be a big hurdle with the plan as different countries feasibilities will slow some than some.

Anyway, when you say single Euro bid will the eastern block be involved? Cos some will find it difficult to meet some part of the plans like finance and standard of projects.

Even if he did, there is going to be a big hurdle with the plan as different countries feasibilities will slow some than some.

Anyway, when you say single Euro bid will the eastern block be involved? Cos some will find it difficult to meet some part of the plans like finance and standard of projects.

No, you got it wrong, but I can se how.

When I mean single Euro bid, it was rather the suggestion that a single country from Europe is chosen to bid as the continent's only representative, rather than have multiple bids from the continent, which could split support. The head of the Asian Confederation has suggested this for Asia (and the Asian Olympic Council has also suggested something similar in he past for Asian Olympic bids)

Is there ANYONE who supports a World Cup in the Benelux countries?? I know, we can sum up large lists of reasons why Holland and Belgium should NOT organize a WC. But what if it DID get the World Cup Football. Please think about that too. Don't you guys think it could be a great uttermost sports event when the Benelux will organize it? Benelux is quite central in Europe. Both France, Germany and England don't need to travel that much. Benelux is right on our doorstep. Furthermore, a World Cup in the Benelux would mean a true small-distance, compact event. Most fans don't need to book one specific place in Holland or Belgium. And for the footballplayers, I think, a WC in Holland and Belgium would have got so many advantages over WC's in extremely large countries.

A World Cup 2018 in Holland and Belgium --> Would be the most compact and intimate World Cup in years.

FIFA has a 'too-compact' rule. 2 major city-venues cannot be closer than 150 mi apart. Therefore, that eliminates the Benelux bid, why, the UK too...leaving only the US and China as the 2 most viable bidders for 2018.

FIFA has a 'too-compact' rule. 2 major city-venues cannot be closer than 150 mi apart. Therefore, that eliminates the Benelux bid, why, the UK too...leaving only the US and China as the 2 most viable bidders for 2018.

Well it's gotta be a joke, surely if an area is designated a city, regardless if it's near another (ie short distance of travel), it should have the right to be a host city. Besides, matches will most likely end up being on different days and not clashing (ie. to avoid accommodation woes etc).

Oh and one more thing, YOU FORGOT AUSTRALIA! Yes, sure, Geelong is near Melbourne, but the capital cities are of considerable distance to make the eligible for being host cities! :P

If you don't have the too-compact rule, then you wouldn't have an Airline sponsor; and every Bid Consultant in the world knows that you MUST have an Official Airline sponsor category otherwise it's NOT a legit Olympic or World Cup event. :P

This, coming from Mr Comoros! :P

Archived