arwebb

I am sorry but what the hell are the British playing at

2012 - Olympics

2014 - Commonwealth Games

2015 - Potentially Rugby World Cup

2016 - Potentially Euro (With Ireland?)

2018 - Potentially WC

2019 - Cricket World Cup

I am sorry but this is too much for one country, no matter who capable they are. I can see IF members becoming annoyed by the continued bidding by the British. No other country has continued to bid for this many, even though the 2015 RWC is a crap shoot against potential bids from USA/Canada, Japan, and Argentina. Also France is probably the most likely candidate for 2016, but this constant bidding has the potential to leave a bad taste in the mouth of electorates.

Trouble is, it's not the British at all. It's only the British in the case of the Olympics. In everything else it's Scotland acting alone or England acting alone.

I hope it won't leave a bad taste in the mouth. I'm sure the organisations involved are quite happy to accept the money England and Scotland could be putting their way in the next decade.

And yes, for purely selfish reasons I can't support a Scottish Euro bid for 2016 as it would probably rule out our chances of getting the big one in 2018.

When will the votes for Euro 2016 and WC 2018 take place?

Trouble is, it's not the British at all. It's only the British in the case of the Olympics. In everything else it's Scotland acting, Scotland with another country or England acting alone.

I hope it won't leave a bad taste in the mouth. I'm sure the organisations involved are quite happy to accept the money England and Scotland could be putting their way in the next decade.

And yes, for purely selfish reasons I can't support a Scottish Euro bid for 2016 as it would probably rule out our chances of getting the big one in 2018.

When will the votes for Euro 2016 and WC 2018 take place?

How well that play if England votes for France in 2016 with Germany against Scotland? I don't think the Scots would be too happy.

I see England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland as I see the provinces of Canada, parts making up a whole, one does not act independently of the other.

I am sorry but what the hell are the British playing at

2012 - Olympics

2014 - Commonwealth Games

2015 - Potentially Rugby World Cup

2016 - Potentially Euro (With Ireland?)

2018 - Potentially WC

2019 - Cricket World Cup

I am sorry but this is too much for one country, no matter who capable they are. I can see IF members becoming annoyed by the continued bidding by the British. No other country has continued to bid for this many, even though the 2015 RWC is a crap shoot against potential bids from USA/Canada, Japan, and Argentina. Also France is probably the most likely candidate for 2016, but this constant bidding has the potential to leave a bad taste in the mouth of electorates.

If you ask me, the olympics, CW games & WC is more than enough for England. Perhaps the bad year for English sport triggered this massive bidding mania. (Rugby WC loss, Failed to qualify for Euro.....)

How well that play if England votes for France in 2016 with Germany against Scotland? I don't think the Scots would be too happy.

The Scots are never happy anyway.And the England 2018 bid came first,so it is the Scots who are potentially rocking the boat by going for Euro 2016 on top of CWG 2014!

I see England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland as I see the provinces of Canada, parts making up a whole, one does not act independently of the other.

Ha,so you'd think! Try telling that to the Scots,Welsh and Northern Irish! The Scots and Welsh have already refused to make up a united British football team for the 2012 Olympics.They all equate being British with being English anyway and the English have given them plenty of ammunition for thinking that way!

Scotland is starting to act as if it is already an independent country especially since the SNP became the largest party in the Scottish parliament!!

It's a hard one to call in that respect. Yes, the England intention for 2018 has been known for some time, but to what extent will this impact on 2016, or vice versa?

Also, the number of teams taking part will be crucial to Scotland's chances. Anything more than a 16 team tournament and they would currently be struggling.

Archived