Of Asian, Cwg Or Panams, Which Is The Best?

Hmm, well the Asiad and PanAms are continent specific (though Australia did/does compete in the SE Asian Games) and obviously the CGs touch on every continent - but to be honest alot of those CG countries are not excatly sporting powers. In athletics and swimming if a full force US team went to the PanAms there would be excellent competition - but that doesn't happen.

To be honest I'd say the Asian Games are a better event as the whole continent comes together and the best of their region always seem to compete. As for the best run - well that would probably be the CGs just because they are staged in centres with higher levels of infrastructure. The PanAms have been a dogs dinner at times (Santa Domingo anyone??) whereas I feel the CGs while irrelevant have gone from strength to strength - as has the Asian Games.

:unsure: For me, the CWGs as NZ has always been there, and Baron didn't include the PanPacs which NZ hosted way back in the early eighties.

Each are their own event and used as a feeler for the BIG one in leap year! :)

well, yeah, but not seen in the most important sports market - the U.S.

Yeah but is the Asian Games seen there either.

The Pan-Ams don't even to set the US market alight.

Alexjc88 Posted Yesterday, 03:59 PM

For me, the CWGs as NZ has always been there, and Baron didn't include the PanPacs which NZ hosted way back in the early eighties.

I don't think there is a multi-sport Pan-Pacs, or it's very low key if it is. The only Pan-Pacs I know of off the top of my head aare for the individual sports, like the Pan-Pac Swimming Champs (which is certainly the third best swim meet in the world after the Olympics and the FINA World Champs)

• 1 year later...

The Asian Games are by far the best, and the PanAm are by far the worst, CWG are somrthing in between.

AG cover more than half of the world population, asain countries won 85 gold medals in Beijing 2008, (the Big 3--CHN, KOR JAP won 73). AG show a strong unity among Asian countries, which all send their best athletesto compete in AG. AG have more than 46 sports, offering more than 464 gold medals, including all Olympic sports and a few Asian regional sports, with about 10000 athletes.

CWGcovers less than a quarter of world population, CW countries won only about 50 gold medals. CWG has a weak unity, only links are English and the Queen, the concept is becoming irrelevant. CWG have only 17 sports, about 250 gold medals, with about 5000 athletes, and most of the participant countries are very small.

In fact, I think AG is the biggest sport event, only after the Summer Olympics and World Cup.

<_< As mentioned already, the three Games mentioned by Barron - are warm up games for the Olympics, they are essential and nesscessary for competitors to get a grasp on each other. These games are pretty much now thrid tier, the IAAF world champs and the like have the second tier level.

Archived