2010 _ Who Do You Want To Win?

Who would you like to see win 2010?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your favourite candidate for the 2010 YOGs?

• Athens
    • Bangkok
    • Moscow
    • Singapore
    • Torino

I think the honours should go to Athens, Singapore is my second choice, but Singapore even withdrawn their chance to be SeaGames host in 2011 with the reason because their stadium is not ready yet, so why we choose Singapore for 2010 YOG ? I prefer Singapore be the host for 2014 !! 2010 should go to Athens

i chose Singapore, the obvious choice...

i wonder why did KL bid for the Games actually seeing their evaluation so poor... suppose didn't have to bid, i sensed it all from the early days that they will not make it and i think they just wanted to collect some experience in answering the questionaire from ioc.... maybe want to bid later... i think...

but KL just missed the short cut right? no 6.... heh.

I would have loved Singapore to win. As long as NYCD2010 is living in Singapore, I would want Moscow to win. Hahaha...

So, the IOC wants to cut the number of finalist cities down further, huh? Well, I am still torn between Athens and Singapore to get the first YOG, but I bet these 2 cities will be in the ballot for sure.

I think the honours should go to Athens, Singapore is my second choice, but Singapore even withdrawn their chance to be SeaGames host in 2011 with the reason because their stadium is not ready yet, so why we choose Singapore for 2010 YOG ? I prefer Singapore be the host for 2014 !! 2010 should go to Athens

While the SEA Games will definitely need the new Singapore Sports Hub, it is not crucial (of even discouraged) as per the YOG's requirements. If the stadium is indeed a major issue, Singapore's scores for infrastructure would fair badly in the first evaluation, which did not happen. Ironically, it scored the worse in the Games Village instead!

• 2 weeks later...
So, the IOC wants to cut the number of finalist cities down further, huh? Well, I am still torn between Athens and Singapore to get the first YOG, but I bet these 2 cities will be in the ballot for sure.

Since the IOC is voting via mail, there should only be one round of voting; so I think you are correct, the IOC is likely to send two cities to the IOC Session. (Although I think Singapore and Moscow would make it to the final ballot). :rolleyes:

I think Athens will win. The reasons being that:

1. The home of the Ancient Olympics and the first Modern Olympics would be a obvious choice for the first Youth Olympics

2. The venues are all there in place, from the 2004 Olympics, most are not getting used, so are ready

1. The home of the Ancient Olympics and the first Modern Olympics would be a obvious choice for the first Youth Olympics

2. The venues are all there in place, from the 2004 Olympics, most are not getting used, so are ready

Yes, good use of existing venues. But maybe its right that third world countries like Thailand can host as well.

Am I the only one thinking that Athens is not an obvious choice?

The YOG is a brand new idea and I think it would be a much more powerful symbol for them to start in Singapore a youthful country rather than in Athens.

BTW, the bid with most venues already existing is Moscow.

Am I the only one thinking that Athens is not an obvious choice?

The YOG is a brand new idea and I think it would be a much more powerful symbol for them to start in Singapore a youthful country rather than in Athens.

BTW, the bid with most venues already existing is Moscow.

Yes it is a new idea, but it still carries the Olympic name, will have the IOC voting for its hosts and will probably have the Olympic Flame as its main symbol lit evey 4 years or so.

Therefore Athens has to be considered favourite, on sentimental and traditional reasons. Remember the centenial games in 1996, bad choice for host.

Plus i didnt say that Athens had the most venues. I said that they were all in place due to the games in 2004, plus they will be more newwer than most of Moscows.

Singapore, of course is a newer country than Athens, but that is not a valid argument in a reason for awarding the games to them, it is about the athletes, venues, transportaion, economy, finance, investment and legacy