Euro 2008 Qualifiers

Faster

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So because of the referee NI don't deserve to qualify. Oh, how I love your logic!

As I've said, hold a grudge against the referee if you like. NI have done nothing wrong and, like any team, take the luck that comes their way.

So because of the referee NI don't deserve to qualify. Oh, how I love your logic!

As I've said, hold a grudge against the referee if you like. NI have done nothing wrong and, like any team, take the luck that comes their way.

So save the ball at the goal line with the hand it´s not wrong?? Ohhh, please the NI player should have a RED CARD and it should be a PENALTY to Denmark! This is almost the same situation as a Roma player saved Zlatan´s shoot at the goal line with his hand. The referee show the RED CARD and give a PENALTY to Inter! Zlatan scored!

So save the ball at the goal line with the hand it´s not wrong?? Ohhh, please the NI player should have a RED CARD and it should be a PENALTY to Denmark! This is almost the same situation as a Roma player saved Zlatan´s shoot at the goal line with his hand. The referee show the RED CARD and give a PENALTY to Inter! Zlatan scored!

FFS! Isn't that what I just said at least twice?

Most players would save the ball on the line in NI's situation. It might be bending the rules but I've seen it happen plenty of times in knockout / qualification games. I've no doubt Sweden or Denmark would do the same in that situation. None whatsoever.

The player who did it would have expected to be sent off and a penalty given against his team. It's the referees fault that this was not the case, not NI's and you holding a grudge against NI for doing something ANY team would do in their situation shows to me a lack of understanding of the game.

Most players would save the ball on the line in NI's situation. It might be bending the rules but I've seen it happen plenty of times in knockout / qualification games. I've no doubt Sweden or Denmark would do the same in that situation. None whatsoever.

The player who did it would have expected to be sent off and a penalty given against his team. It's the referees fault that this was not the case, not NI's and you holding a grudge against NI for doing something ANY team would do in their situation shows to me a lack of understanding of the game.

It´s against the rules! All players knows that! So YES it´s the NI player fault together with the referee! You are silly if you don´t see it! And now Denmark doesn´t only miised the penalty, NI can go to Spain with WHOLE their team. One player should been suspended! Why have rules if they not following?

It´s against the rules! All players knows that! So YES it´s the NI player fault together with the referee! You are silly if you don´t see it! And now Denmark doesn´t only miised the penalty, NI can go to Spain with WHOLE their team. One player should been suspended! Why have rules if they not following?

Let it be, Rob. You simply can't reach Pillan with reasonable arguments. Leave her alone with her rant and maybe she herself will get sick of the poison she sprays around here.

Let it be, Rob. You simply can't reach Pillan with reasonable arguments. Leave her alone with her rant and maybe she herself will get sick of the poison she sprays around here.

Yeah, you must be stupid like Rob if you don´t see that the player from NI did wrong! I mean if this is not wrong why they give red card and penalty at all? Like the situation in Roma-Inter.

Who´s James?

it's "james" with lower-case 'j.'

He's that very rich, very moral, very good-looking poster from Nigeria (who often posts in the Abuja threads) whose father owns like 30 oil wells and several diamond mines in Nigeria. But from his posts, you wouldn't think so.

He's that very rich, very moral, very good-looking poster from Nigeria (who often posts in the Abuja threads) whose father owns like 30 oil wells and several diamond mines in Nigeria. But from his posts, you wouldn't think so.

Ohh, but how you know that about him?

Yeah, you must be stupid like Rob if you don´t see that the player from NI did wrong! I mean if this is not wrong why they give red card and penalty at all? Like the situation in Roma-Inter.

Who the friggin' **** cares? Denmark would have been out anyway. Northern Ireland won't qualify. And Sweden will.

So who the hell will remember that Northern Ireland - Denmark match in only one week? Not even you will. So stop that pathetic babble, you drama queen.

Yes, this has happen for Sweden against Croatia in the qualification to WC 2006. The defender Olof Mellberg save the ball in the penalty zone with his arm. Croatia was given a penalty and they scored. I was ANGRYYYYYYY against Mellberg and still I don´t like him! He did wrong and Sweden deserved to have the penalty against them! So AGAIN MELLBERG DID WRONG AND THE NI PLAYER DID WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!! IT´S AGAINST THE RULES TO SAVE THE BALL WITH YOUR ARMS OR HANDS!!!! THAT IS SO SIMPLE!

:lol: I almost choked on my pretzel when I saw that ! :lol:

100 % bullshit.

First, I never wrote that the referee only made wrong decisions at the expense of Scotland.

In this post, http://www.gamesbids.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=139201, I wrote:

It helps to read first before pouring out prejudices.

So, who was speaking here?

..Damn, damn, damn... After all, they are still Italians -- not always better, but luckier..

..And they had a crappy referee today. So they were unlucky in a double sense.. (referred to the Scots obviously)

I don't really care what you said, it's just to reveal your resentement and prejudices.

Secondly, which "untrouble group"? Do you call opponents like the Czech Republic and Ireland easy? Those were extremely tough opponents (and regarding the match in November 2006, even Cyprus was) and just like Scotland, Ireland would actually have deserved to qualify, too. Only because Germany was the earliest qualified team doesn't mean that it was an easy task.

Well not for nothing our group was called of death.. it doesn't sound particulary lucky to me. Anyway I'm glad it was so. Despite all we are at the top of that group.

Thirdly: All I said was that in the end, Italy was luckier. Both teams had misfortune and luck yesterday, but Italy turned out to be luckier. The 2-1 was based on a appallingly wrong referee decision. Although Italy could have scored a bigger lead in the first half, it was in far more trouble in the second half. And then it needed that luck that led to its winning goal. And you know damn well that this is not the first time Italy had such luck -- just remember the round of 16 match against Australia when it was almost certain that they had to go into extended time. Or remember the semifinal against Germany where they were lucky to find a weak spot in the exhausted German defence -- and thus escape the penalty shoot-out.

Resentements.. again. And short memory. Should I remember the scandalous referees which kicked us off from 2002WC and 2004Euros? And what about our amazing luck in Euro2000 final?

Please don't talk me about luck! It sounds like an offence!

For Scotland's equaliser, there is no clear daylight between Ferguson and the Italian defender. In that instance, the benefit of the doubt, correctly, goes to the attacking team.

The Italian offside goal was a mistake by the officials, no question about that. But, as I said earlier, my belief is that the biggest call of the game was the incorrect decision not to give a penalty for the Zambrotta handball. It was not as though the ball just hit him. He physically moved his arm towards the ball. The referee was not in a great position to see it, but the linesman had no excuse.

And I notice you have nothing to say about the despicable free kick given against Hutton for being bodychecked.

You know what? In italy we say Arrampicarsi sugli specchi.

And even if the free kick was irregular (I didn't see it so I'll check it up) it would have been 2-1 (2-0). Italy wins anyway. :P

I haven't seen the incident, but I daresay that if the roles were reversed, you wouldn't be so animated about it.

You know what? In italy we say Arrampicarsi sugli specchi.

And even if the free kick was irregular (I didn't see it so I'll check it up) it would have been 2-1 (2-0). Italy wins anyway. :P

I don't speak Italian, so perhaps you could tell us what you mean.

And I reckon your logic's out claiming it would have been 2-1 anyway. You're convieniently forgetting the penalty.

I don't speak Italian, so perhaps you could tell us what you mean.

Sorry there isn't a specific translation for that. But it describe well what you were trying to do.. I think you could guess the meaning.

And I reckon your logic's out claiming it would have been 2-1 anyway. You're convieniently forgetting the penalty.

a penalty that wasn't..

Archived