Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Faster

Euro 2008 Qualifiers

Halftime NI-Denmark 0-0- I f this result will stand to the end of the game then BOTH Sweden and Spain are qualified to Euro 2008!

Hmm.. no matter what happen in Macedonia - Croatia match, Croatia is already goes to Austria - Swiss, and BTW England-Croatia match will be live for free in Indonesia's TV, so Rob, maybe you can come here to watch it for free ?? :P, that's very unfair you must pay to watch your national team, but we in Indonesia can watch it for free :P

By the way, since you repeated that mistake several times: The country is called Switzerland. "Swiss" is only the corresponding adjective, like "Indonesian" for Indonesia or "French" for France.

Wait, isn't England - Croatia broadcast on BBC 1? I mean, if also that match would be broadcast on pay TV only, I would seriously doubt the overall quality of British television...

Sorry, you're right. I thought SKY had that game for some reason.

Fourth goal of Germany... beautiful...

I think that now the Germans will be confident with their team ;)

Shame. Oh well, nothing against the Danes, but NI have done so well in that group.

1-1. A few more minutes to score another!

Come on Northern Ireland!!

Yes, that match between Germany and Cyprus was a good consolation for the 0-3 embarrassment against the Czechs. The love affair between the Germans and their national team continues...

By the way, in terms of Macedonia's victory against Croatia: Croatia is, as I said, qualified anyway. But I suppose that the Croatians will be very angry on Wednesday and try to compensate for that embarrassment. So this defeat might rather endanger England's prospects. Nevertheless, it must be far more relaxing for England that they only need a draw now. I suppose that is feasible.

Damn! Luxembourg lost its only chance of goal... it would be interesting that the Netherlands had to battle in their last match for the qualification

The Netherlands had a total of 27 shots against Luxembourg of which twelve were on target, and they had 65 % ball possession in front of a home audience -- and nevertheless, they don't score better than a poor 1-0, just like at the away match one year ago? Oh dear... However, they're qualified. But I have somewhat of a sensation how far they will get at the EURO if they don't improve significantly.

By the way, Poland is qualified, too -- having defeated Belgium 2-0. Congratulations!

Netherlands goes to Austria - Swiss but it was a very disappointing match for the Netherlands, and I have a question for EURO Qualification round this year, how could a national team who can only win 1 - 0 again Luxembourg goes to Finals, and in other side a national team who can defeat the WC runner up twice fail go to Finals ?

By the way, since you repeated that mistake several times: The country is called Switzerland. "Swiss" is only the corresponding adjective, like "Indonesian" for Indonesia or "French" for France.

Oh sorry for my mistake and thabk you for your information :D, I called that country Swiss because in Indonesia we called that country with Swiss :D, but OK, thank you for your info net time I'll call it Switzerland

BTW, in the South American qualifiers, Argentina defeated 3:0 to Bolivia. The third goal was just incredible... a pass of Messi after run over most of the pitch to Juan Román Riquelme and a long shot.

Netherlands goes to Austria - Swiss but it was a very disappointing match for the Netherlands, and I have a question for EURO Qualification round this year, how could a national team who can only win 1 - 0 again Luxembourg goes to Finals, and in other side a national team who can defeat the WC runner up twice fail go to Finals ?

Well, that's football... It's not always logical.

The Serbia vs. Kazakhstan has been postponed: according to UEFA's MatchCenter Following a pitch inspection this Group A qualifier has been postponed due to snow on the pitch. The match will now be played tomorrow at 1400CET.

That's it for Denmark. I feel sorry for them, especially after their brave performance against Germany in March which I witnessed live in the stadium.

By the way, the match Serbia - Kazakhstan has been postponed to tomorrow, 13:00 GMT due to heavy snowfall. See here