Euro 2008 Qualifiers

Faster

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talking about OBJECTIVITY and FAIRNESS let's clear a few things up:

The only goal scored by Scotland was OFFSIDE

Penalty claimed by Scotland was fairly denied as Zambrotta's arm was stuck to his body

Di Natale's nullified goal was REGULAR

Weir's supposed goal was fairly nullified. Replay shows Pirlo's head was out of the goal line. For a little but out anyway.

Considering that Italy should have won 3-0 or even 3-0 yesterday.

People aruguing Italy was particulary lucked or favoured by referees look a little pathetic right now. Don't they?

and it's curious that some critcs come from germans as their team was so lucky being drawed in such untrouble group. :lol:

Said taht I think Scotland deserved to qualify. More than some other british teams.

For Scotland's equaliser, there is no clear daylight between Ferguson and the Italian defender. In that instance, the benefit of the doubt, correctly, goes to the attacking team.

The Italian offside goal was a mistake by the officials, no question about that. But, as I said earlier, my belief is that the biggest call of the game was the incorrect decision not to give a penalty for the Zambrotta handball. It was not as though the ball just hit him. He physically moved his arm towards the ball. The referee was not in a great position to see it, but the linesman had no excuse.

And I notice you have nothing to say about the despicable free kick given against Hutton for being bodychecked.

and it's curious that some critcs come from germans as their team was so lucky being drawed in such untrouble group. :lol:

100 % bullshit.

First, I never wrote that the referee only made wrong decisions at the expense of Scotland.

In this post, http://www.gamesbids.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=139201, I wrote:

But on the other hand, one must admit that also the referee's decision to not allow the Italian 2-0 (which he called an offside goal) was wrong. And if the referee had allowed the goal, the match would possibly have taken a completely different direction anyway. Maybe Scotland wouldn't have got back into the match at all then. But all that is hypothetical.

It helps to read first before pouring out prejudices.

Secondly, which "untrouble group"? Do you call opponents like the Czech Republic and Ireland easy? Those were extremely tough opponents (and regarding the match in November 2006, even Cyprus was) and just like Scotland, Ireland would actually have deserved to qualify, too. Only because Germany was the earliest qualified team doesn't mean that it was an easy task.

Thirdly: All I said was that in the end, Italy was luckier. Both teams had misfortune and luck yesterday, but Italy turned out to be luckier. The 2-1 was based on a appallingly wrong referee decision. Although Italy could have scored a bigger lead in the first half, it was in far more trouble in the second half. And then it needed that luck that led to its winning goal. And you know damn well that this is not the first time Italy had such luck -- just remember the round of 16 match against Australia when it was almost certain that they had to go into extended time. Or remember the semifinal against Germany where they were lucky to find a weak spot in the exhausted German defence -- and thus escape the penalty shoot-out.

Denmark should have a penatly in the last minutes of the game against NI. No wonder NI wins when they have pays money to the referees! THIS SUCKS! I feel sorry for Denmark! The NI player saved the ball at the goal line with his HAND!!!!! PLEASE NO NI IN EURO 2008!

No wonder NI wins when they have pays money to the referees! THIS SUCKS!

PLEASE NO NI IN EURO 2008!

How sad! NI have won many matches and surprised everybody because they've played brilliantly as a team and have one hell of a striker in David Healy. I don't care if the ref got a decision wrong last night, saying that kind of thing isn't on.

<_<:unsure:

NI have done brilliantly to get where they are and if NI do qualify next week it'd be very sad of you to begrudge them their place in the tournament because of one refereeing decision. Over the course of the qualification Denmark will have had decisions go their way that shouldn't have; these things tend to even themselves out over several matches.

-----

How about that Denmark fan who attack the ref?

PLEASE NO DENMARK IN EURO 2008!

Maybe last night's ref was getting his own back for his collegue ;)

How sad! NI have won many matches and surprised everybody because they've played brilliantly as a team and have one hell of a striker in David Healy. I don't care if the ref got a decision wrong last night, saying that kind of thing isn't on.

<_<:unsure:

NI have done brilliantly to get where they are and if NI do qualify next week it'd be very sad of you to begrudge them their place in the tournament because of one refereeing decision. Over the course of the qualification Denmark will have had decisions go their way that shouldn't have; these things tend to even themselves out over several matches.

-----

How about that Denmark fan who attack the ref?

PLEASE NO DENMARK IN EURO 2008!

Maybe last night's ref was getting his own back for his collegue ;)

NI should not have won the game aginst Denmark. This ball would go in the goal if the NI player didn´t saved the ball with his hand. The game should have finished 2-2 and both NI and Denmark should be out from Euro 2008. So no if NI will qualify then I will hate them in a long time because the didn´t deserved to be in Euro 2008.

And Denmark have enough with penatly after the fan attack! THEY LOSE THE GAME WITH 0-3 only because the fan. This accident destroy their qualification. So yes NO DENMARK IN EURO 2008 because the fan attack. Now I want too see NO NI IN EURO 2008 because they pay the referees! THIS SUCKS!

So no if NI will qualify then I will hate them in a long time because the didn´t deserved to be in Euro 2008.

Pathetic. NI more than deserve to be in Euro 2008 based on their qualification campaign so far. They've done fantastically well. I don't suppose you'll give them any credit though will you?

Now I want too see NO NI IN EURO 2008 because they pay the referees!

I don't know whether to laugh or cry tbh.

Pathetic. NI more than deserve to be in Euro 2008 based on their qualification campaign so far. They've done fantastically well. I don't suppose you'll give them any credit though will you?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry tbh.

What do you say if that was a danish player who has saved the ball with his hand? And because of that NIs chances are destroyed? Is it fair? NO! It´s not fair!

If the result would be fair is should be 2-2 and NI should be OUT together with Denmark!

But you supporting NI hardly so what else can I expect from you?

What do you say if that was a danish player who has saved the ball with his hand?

I'd be annoyed at the referee for not sending him off and for not giving a penalty but I'd completely understand why the player did it and not hold a grudge against his team for the next year like you're prepared to do

Furthermore, I wouldn't go round stamping my feet on internet forums writing "PLEASE NO DENMARK IN EURO 2008! THIS SUCKS! Denmark pays the referees!"

If the result would be fair is should be 2-2

No, what should have happened is the player should have been sent off and Denmark should have had a penalty. The result should therefore have been 2-1 or 2-2 depending on the result of the penalty. It is by no means certain Denmark would have drawn.

Is it fair? NO! It´s not fair!

I've seen players handle the ball before it's crossed the line many times in cup football. They accept they'll be sent off and a penalty will be given against their team (Phil Neville did it for Everton a few weeks ago in the PL actually). It's bending the rules, granted, but it happens and all teams would do it, including Denmark and Sweden, in the circumstances NI were in.

Denmark were unlucky in that the referee missed the incident this time. I'd be annoyed at the officials if I were you but, as I've said, I wouldn't hold a grudge against that team and go stomping around internet forums declaring it's not fair.

Denmark will have had decisions go in their favour in this qualification campaign that shouldn't have and likewise, NI will have had decisions go against them that shouldn't have. These things even themselves out in the long run.

I'd be annoyed at the referee for not sending him off and for not giving a penalty but I'd completely understand why the player did it and not hold a grudge against his team for the next year like you're prepared to do

Furthermore, I wouldn't go round stamping my feet on internet forums writing "PLEASE NO DENMARK IN EURO 2008! THIS SUCKS! Denmark pays the referees!"

No, what should have happened is the player should have been sent off and Denmark should have had a penalty. The result should therefore have been 2-1 or 2-2 depending on the result of the penalty. It is by no means certain Denmark would have drawn.

I've seen players handle the ball before it's crossed the line many times in cup football. They accept they'll be sent off and a penalty will be given against their team (Phil Neville did it for Everton a few weeks ago in the PL actually). It's bending the rules, granted, but it happens and all teams would do it, including Denmark and Sweden, in the circumstances NI were in.

Denmark were unlucky in that the referee missed the incident this time. I'd be annoyed at the officials if I were you but, as I've said, I wouldn't hold a grudge against that team and go stomping around internet forums declaring it's not fair.

Denmark will have had decisions go in their favour in this qualification campaign that shouldn't have and likewise, NI will have had decisions go against them that shouldn't have. These things even themselves out in the long run.

BUT IT`S NOT FAIR!!!!!!!! IF THERE WAS VIDEO JUDGING I´M SURE IT WOULD BE A PENALTY TO DENMARK!!!!!! THIS SUCKS AND NI SHOULD BE OUT FROM EURO 2008! NI DON`T DESERVES TO BE IN EURO 2008!

Did you actually read what I wrote?

----

Are you certain Denmark would have scored the penalty had it been given?

Also, can you tell me NI haven't had a single major decision go against them during this tournament?

Unless you can answer both of these questions as "yes" you have no right to say NI don't deserve to qualify.

BUT IT`S NOT FAIR!!!!!!!! IF THERE WAS VIDEO JUDGING I´M SURE IT WOULD BE A PENALTY TO DENMARK!!!!!! THIS SUCKS AND NI SHOULD BE OUT FROM EURO 2008! NI DON`T DESERVES TO BE IN EURO 2008!

What is all that fuss about anyway? Northern Ireland has almost no chance of qualifying because it would have to defeat Spain and Sweden would have to lose against Latvia. Do you trust your own national team so little that you think that it could enable Northern Ireland's qualification?

I really don't understand how someone can be as hysterical as you are. Especially because your behaviour is so absolutely un-Swedish and un-Scandinavian. I thought that you all are rather laid-back, tolerant people. So you are truly a bad ambassador for your great country.

Did you actually read what I wrote?

Are you certain Denmark would have scored the penalty had it been given?

Also, can you tell me NI haven't had a single major decision go against them during this tournament?

Unless you can answer both of these questions as "yes" you have no right to say NI don't deserve to qualify.

Yes, Denmark probably would scored the penalty but we will never know because very wrong choice by the referee. No NI don´t deserves to be in Euro 2008!

No I cannot remember anyone major decision. But I haven´t seen all games! But the problem is this major decision came IN A VERY IMPORTANT stage in this tournament! Now we know the requirement in the last games!

What is all that fuss about anyway? Northern Ireland has almost no chance of qualifying because it would have to defeat Spain and Sweden would have to lose against Latvia. Do you trust your own national team so little that you think that it could enable Northern Ireland's qualification?

I really don't understand how someone can be as hysterical as you are. Especially because your behaviour is so absolutely un-Swedish and un-Scandinavian. I thought that you all are rather laid-back, tolerant people. So you are truly a bad ambassador for your great country.

This is not about Sweden chances! But probably NI should be OUT now if Denmark had a penalty! In this very important stage of the qualification this terrible thing happen. Mostly I feel sorry for Denmark!

I´m sure about that Sweden will win or play draw against Latvia, but they already could be qualified if everything was fair!

Yes, Denmark probably would scored the penalty but we will never know because very wrong choice by the referee. No NI don´t deserves to be in Euro 2008!

No I cannot remember anyone major decision. But I haven´t seen all games!

Until you have and you can tell me for certain that NI haven't had a decision like that go against them, I'd suggest you end your grudge against their team who have done remarkably well in the group they're in.

Hold a grudge against the referee for missing the incident if you like. But claiming because of one incident NI don't deserve to be in next year's tournament is way over the top and shows to me a lack of understanding (or appreciation) of NI achievements.

Until you have and you can tell me for certain that NI haven't had a decision like that go against them, I'd suggest you end your grudge against their team who have done remarkably well in the group they're in.

Hold a grudge against the referee for missing the incident if you like. But claiming because of one incident NI don't deserve to be in next year's tournament is way over the top and shows to me a lack of understanding (or appreciation) of NI achievements.

I think they should not be in Euro 2008 because the referee did wrong in a second last game. Now NI got a another chance to qualify( yes it´s little, but it´s a chance). At least NI not have a major decision against them in this late stage of the qualification. I still don´t know if they have any at all. But tell me if you know!

Archived