Atr Or Gb? Which Is Better?

New topic. Which is the better, more credible board: Around the Rings or GamesBids?

Which does the IOC read more and take their cues from?

Give your reasons and why!!

I say GB because it's more entertaining, wildly imaginative, yeah -- sometimes inane with those Latins, and downright vicious. Not to mention it's free and heavily gay. Which brings me to the next question: how gay is the IOC?

ATR is not a board. I doubt the IOC gets to ATR for information.

On the other hand ATR is very well connected: the information posted on their web site is usually very reliable. Furthermore ATR is a powerful image vector in the Olympic Movement and whenever you are campaigning for the Games, better have ATR neutral or casting a positive light on your bid.

New topic. Which is the better, more credible board: Around the Rings or GamesBids?

Which does the IOC read more and take their cues from?

Give your reasons and why!!

For news (hence members) ATR hands down.

For boards (hence Games geeks) GB.

Well, news-wise no doubt ATR is ahead (though here doesn't do too badly either _ I check the news agency wires every morning, and GB rarely misses anything big).

As a place to gauge opinions, GB hands down (even when ATR had its forums, they were pretty boring and not widely used).

ATR has more insider news and it recently has broaden it's coverage (not only to Olympic bids)

But as mentioned GB brings the most important stories, the exclusiveness is what it lacks of

As to the boards... even if they were ATR boards now, GB would certainly be infront

As a place to gauge opinions, GB hands down (even when ATR had its forums, they were pretty boring and not widely used).

That's what I thought. When his site was new, Hula had some discussion forums (fora) going and I was particularly engaged with this coot who insisted on a pitched battle as to who knew more about insider IOC info -- like the under-23 rule in Olympic soccer (which) I have known all along but this snark thought he knew everything. And I told him I did not want to be competitive.

Haven't gone back to the site since. So no more disc. boards at ATR? Hmmmm.

Haven't gone back to the site since. So no more disc. boards at ATR? Hmmmm.

I don't think so, but since they went subscription I haven't been able to get in deeply to check.

All I remember of their forums was they seemed to be almost totally dominated by people wanting tio get karate into the olympics.

;) Gb because there is more layman interaction, and basic membership is free. Unlike Atr which is $$$$ to join. But info wise, Atr does have a slight edge over Gb, connections etc. Nothing to get hung up over though, except JimJones!

Good topic here, baron. I hardly hear anything about ATR in this regard. However, it doesn't mean that it doesn't get inside scoop on some news; never mind that I am biased toward GamesBids here.

Don't know much about ATR, other than I come across them sometimes searching for London 2012 (mostly) related news items.

Their news does seem better than ours, but part of that, I'm sorry to say, is down to silly mistakes (names of people and places spelt incorrectly, for example) I see in GB news items sometimes. That's not to say GB news isn't a good service and one I appreciate, but it could be a bit better.

The forums here are great obviously (well, most of the time anyway), that goes without saying.

:D

For a non-subscription service, GB doesn't do too bad. A lot of its news is wire copy, but it's nearly always attributed and there's nothing wrong with using it.

I actually wouldn't seeing some more of Rob's Olympic Blogs, always interesting reading, and maybe some more features.

Archived