Jim Jones Helped Glasgow Win

:angry: And considering the amount of attention he has been given...sometimes you've got to think, are we any better?

Personally I haven't been wound up by JJ, I have read most of his comments and replys and taken them for what they are - mostly tongue and cheek! However to some, his comments can be read as offensive...But the right of reply that everyone here has used pretty much consists of gasoline instead of water...

:angry: And considering the amount of attention he has been given...sometimes you've got to think, are we any better?

Personally I haven't been wound up by JJ, I have read most of his comments and replys and taken them for what they are - mostly tongue and cheek! However to some, his comments can be read as offensive...But the right of reply that everyone here has used pretty much consists of gasoline instead of water...

Jeezus! You really think he's hard done by? That it's just us and we're being unfair on him?

:huh:

Check out his progress on other boards around the place:

* SkyscraperCity _ check out the Glasgow, Abuja and Halifax threads in their respective continental forums. He really won lots of hearts there (before, I hear, he was banned).

*The Scotsman-Commonwealth Games _ Try the comments after the various stories. He really went out of his way to endear himself to the local readership.

The guys become a notorious troll throughout the wider net. For all his attempted witticisms, have you ever read how malignant his underlying messages are?

:mellow: I don't really care for the "Other" sites (I'm a member of SSC and focus only on buildings), just what goes on here at GBf, I couldn't have cared less who won the 2014 CWGs as I said both cities were not my choices.

To be honest, JJ dragged alot of nasty people over from those sites, gorgu being a prime example.

Unless we constantly react to his er, essays, JJ just might quiet down.

Jeezus! You really think he's hard done by? That it's just us and we're being unfair on him?

:huh:

Check out his progress on other boards around the place:

* SkyscraperCity _ check out the Glasgow, Abuja and Halifax threads in their respective continental forums. He really won lots of hearts there (before, I hear, he was banned).

That Matthias Offodile is a big sore loser over there ! But hey ! At least Tbite isn't

Tongue in cheek my backside. The man has shown himself up for what he is time after time and he hasn't shown any sign of growing up even after his favourites were battered. Sorry, I have no sympathy with that view whatsoever.

Tongue in cheek my backside. The man has shown himself up for what he is time after time and he hasn't shown any sign of growing up even after his favourites were battered. Sorry, I have no sympathy with that view whatsoever.

...Gasoline instead of water.

• 2 weeks later...

Ohhhhhhh... there is sooooo much I could say... but I already said it.....it is where I said it would be and where it ought to be...

GLASGOW

Check out their website for their celebrations on this most joyous victory.......OH HAPPY DAY!

For the record...You cannot give 'something' to someone who already had it...WHOOSH THERE IT IS!!! B)

and here it AINT:

How the heck 'Halifax' thought to be of the same calibre as GLASGOW is best saved for the petri dish....

ps.

for the most recent news of HRM and its corruption ...

www.responsevoices.blogspot.com

And to Halifax..well... see you all in court where you belong.....

spiral out

@

Gayle McIntyre: Glaswegian to the bone babay!

Hello all...snipped for space..

We stuck to our Guns and stuck to our message. Glasgow was best for the athletes. If we could make sure that people always remembered our key message, then we knew we would win.

Also, we knew our electorate. JJ spent months on here saying that they would be swayed by money and race. We knew differently. If Abuja 2014 listened to JJ on this, then they made a huge tactical error and it cost them dear. Every single one of the voters (and I have met them all) are all honourable people, who have a responsibility to their athletes. That is not my words - that is theirs.

For JJ to bang on about race and money did the voters a massive dis-service. If there was one thing wrong with the Abuja final presentation (in my opinion) it is that they talked about what they would be giving the voters (free flights etc). We talked about what we would do for the athletes and their families. We talked about how we would give something back to the whole Commonwealth Family. Read the text of our presentation if you want. It is on our website. You will see exactly what we were saying.

Well put Scottish!

And I so agree with your assessment of the action of others.

They will never learn rule number 1:

NEVER GET A SCOT ANGRY: WE GET BUSY!

Surely an unfair fight indeed! ....:D

Well put Scottish!

And I so agree with your assessment of the action of others.

They will never learn rule number 1:

NEVER GET A SCOT ANGRY: WE GET BUSY!

Surely an unfair fight indeed! ....:D

You are not going to host the games forever. Let me brush the dirt off my shoulder.

You are not going to host the games forever. Let me brush the dirt off my shoulder.

Awwwww now don't be a sore sport james...the only competition that matter at this time was this one.......Halifax should spend the rest of its unnatural sitting to study where they went wrong and where Glasgow went right......of course most wont be sitting for very long anyway. When is the next municipal election?

But alas even I must be truthful, there is no real victory if there was no real competition!

:P

Theres plenty more where that came from , from your butt.

DO YOU EVER WAKE UP TO BRUSH YOUR MOUTH IN THE MORNING AT ALL?

Just to let you all know that tomorrow (7th December 2007) there is a huge bash at Stirling Castle to celebrate the success of the Glasgow2014 Bid. Any one who is anyone will be there.

James - you will be toasted on a number of occasions throughout the night - cheers!! Thanks for everything you did to help win the games for Glasgow.

I never knew that you could smile not until now.

Just to let you all know that tomorrow (7th December 2007) there is a huge bash at Stirling Castle to celebrate the success of the Glasgow2014 Bid. Any one who is anyone will be there.

James - you will be toasted on a number of occasions throughout the night - cheers!! Thanks for everything you did to help win the games for Glasgow.

I didn't help Glasgow to win and I never did anything to support Glasgow! PLz, refrain from calling me a traitor.

If you like you can toast an elephant for the party, I wouldn't join in your toast.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Jeez, this place really did get nasty! :eek: I wasn't around during this race so I didn't know how bad it got. This Jim is the guy you PMed me about, isn't he Rols. The one that got banned from Twitter. Wow, gonna have to find some other 2014 threads. On a sidetrack, how did Halifax manage to bankrupt itself in the relatively simple act of bidding for CWGs? Would they have won?

You naughty boy Rob! Alex will be on your back now!

Nah, I'm to busy chasing Baron off the CWG threads, with all smart arse comments he's been throwing in recently.

Still cant believe its been seven years since Abuja v Glasgow...Yes it was Halifax's fault.

So you think Halifax would've won?

Most likely, Glasgow had the spectre of post 2012 hanging over it with Canada's natural cycle comming around. It would be twenty years since Victoria BC hosted. Abuja was there as a payback for South Africa getting Nigeria to vote for FifaWC 2010...A far more lucrative and unifying event for the rainbow nation than a CWGs. Halifax would've been a shoe in.

Archived