Baku 2016

Galandar

Hi! My name is Galandar and i am from Baku, Azerbaijan. I would like to present Baku here. I think most of you have no information about Baku and have no source to get news about Baku bid for 2016 Olympic Games. So i will give you information here.

First of all, Baku is the capital of Azerbaijan Republic.

Territory of Baku is 2200 sq. km (Big Baku).

Population - 2,2 mln., more than 3 mln. in Big Baku.

National Olympic Committee vice-president: Baku’s hosting 2016 Olympic Games would cost $20bn for the country

Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev issued an executive order on the establishment Organizing Committee for the implementation of the examinations concerning Baku’s bid to host the Games of the XXXI Olympiad and XV Paralympics, President’s press service told the APA.

In the preamble of the executive order the Presidents stresses that Baku’s bidding for the 2016 Summer Olympics aims to strengthen state policy carried out in the sphere of sports, expand Olympic movement, develop and propagate sport and physical education and makes sure that Baku will be more prestige if hosts such respected competitions.

According to the executive order, the Organizing Committee for the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games has appointed Deputy Prime minister Yagub Eyyubov as its Chief and Ilham Madatov as its officer-in-charge.

Organizing Committee consists of Baku Mayor Hajibala Abutalibov, Youth and Sport Minister Azad Rahimov, Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov, Culture and Tourism Minister Abulfez Garayev, Minister of Communication and Information Technologies Ali Abbasov, Minister of Labour and Social Protection of Population Fuzuli Alakbarov, Economic Development Minister Heydar Babayev, Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources Huseyngulu Bagirov, Agriculture Minister Ismat Abbasov, Emergencies Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov, Health Minister Ogtay Shiraliyev, Interior Minister Ramil Usubov, Finance Minister Samir Sharifov, Transport Minister Ziya Mammadov, chairman of State Statistical Committee Arif Valiyev, chairman of State Committee on State Property Management Karam Hasanov, chairman of Azerbaijan Trade Unions Confederation Sattar Mehbaliyev, director general of Azerbaijan Airlines State Concern (AzAL) Jahangir Asgarov, SOCAR President Rovnag Abdullayev, chairman of Azerbaijan TV and Radio Broadcast Closed JSC Arif Alishanov, president of Azerbaijan Republic Paralympic Committee Ilgar Rahimov, secretary general of Azerbaijan Republic National Olympic Committee Agajan Abiyev, vice-president of Azerbaijan Republic National Olympic Committee Chingiz Huseynzada, vice-president of Azerbaijan Republic National Olympic Committee Khazar Isayev, chief of Management Board of National Bank Elman Rustamov, chief of Management Board of Azerbaijan International Bank Jahangir Hajiyev, chairman of Writers’ Union Anar Rzayev, chairwoman of Composers’ Union Firangiz Alizada, chairman of Artists’ Union Farhad Khalilov, Olympic champions Farid Mansurov, Namig Abdullayev and Zemfira Meftahadinova.

Organizing Committee was commissioned to solve all the problems for organizing 2016 XXXI summer Olympic and Paralympic games in Baku.

Youth and Sport Ministry, Baku Mayor’s Office and National Olympic Committee of Azerbaijan Republic was commissioned to prepare order book for submitting to International Olympic Committee with the consent of Organizing Committee. Cabinet of Ministers will solve issues reflected in the order. /APA/

Azerbaijani President issues an executive order on the establishment of Organizing Committee concerning Azerbaijani capital’s bidding for 2016 Summer Olympic Games

Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev issued an executive order on the establishment Organizing Committee for the implementation of the examinations concerning Baku’s bid to host the Games of the XXXI Olympiad and XV Paralympics, President’s press service told the APA.

In the preamble of the executive order the Presidents stresses that Baku’s bidding for the 2016 Summer Olympics aims to strengthen state policy carried out in the sphere of sports, expand Olympic movement, develop and propagate sport and physical education and makes sure that Baku will be more prestige if hosts such respected competitions.

According to the executive order, the Organizing Committee for the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games has appointed Deputy Prime minister Yagub Eyyubov as its Chief and Ilham Madatov as its officer-in-charge.

Organizing Committee consists of Baku Mayor Hajibala Abutalibov, Youth and Sport Minister Azad Rahimov, Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov, Culture and Tourism Minister Abulfez Garayev, Minister of Communication and Information Technologies Ali Abbasov, Minister of Labour and Social Protection of Population Fuzuli Alakbarov, Economic Development Minister Heydar Babayev, Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources Huseyngulu Bagirov, Agriculture Minister Ismat Abbasov, Emergencies Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov, Health Minister Ogtay Shiraliyev, Interior Minister Ramil Usubov, Finance Minister Samir Sharifov, Transport Minister Ziya Mammadov, chairman of State Statistical Committee Arif Valiyev, chairman of State Committee on State Property Management Karam Hasanov, chairman of Azerbaijan Trade Unions Confederation Sattar Mehbaliyev, director general of Azerbaijan Airlines State Concern (AzAL) Jahangir Asgarov, SOCAR President Rovnag Abdullayev, chairman of Azerbaijan TV and Radio Broadcast Closed JSC Arif Alishanov, president of Azerbaijan Republic Paralympic Committee Ilgar Rahimov, secretary general of Azerbaijan Republic National Olympic Committee Agajan Abiyev, vice-president of Azerbaijan Republic National Olympic Committee Chingiz Huseynzada, vice-president of Azerbaijan Republic National Olympic Committee Khazar Isayev, chief of Management Board of National Bank Elman Rustamov, chief of Management Board of Azerbaijan International Bank Jahangir Hajiyev, chairman of Writers’ Union Anar Rzayev, chairwoman of Composers’ Union Firangiz Alizada, chairman of Artists’ Union Farhad Khalilov, Olympic champions Farid Mansurov, Namig Abdullayev and Zemfira Meftahadinova.

Organizing Committee was commissioned to solve all the problems for organizing 2016 XXXI summer Olympic and Paralympic games in Baku.

Youth and Sport Ministry, Baku Mayor’s Office and National Olympic Committee of Azerbaijan Republic was commissioned to prepare order book for submitting to International Olympic Committee with the consent of Organizing Committee. Cabinet of Ministers will solve issues reflected in the order. /APA/

Patrick Hikky: Azerbaijan has enough resources to host 2016 Summer Olympic Games

[ 10 Apr 2007 13:42 ]

European Olympic Committee president Patrick Hikky visiting Azerbaijan held a press conference today at the State Academy of Physical Training and Sports, APA-Sport reports.

He stated that the rapid development of sports in Azerbaijan is obvious.

“Each country has its own development program. Some kinds of sports differ in some countries for their development. The sport is improving very rapidly in Azerbaijan. Modern sport centres have been constructed here lately. I witnessed this improvement whilst participating in the opening ceremony of Masalli Sport Centre. I think this centre will be of great benefit for the people living in the region. They build such sport centres to develop the country more widely”, he underscored.

EOC president didn’t agree with such statements that Azerbaijan doesn’t have much chance to host 2016 Olympic Games. He noted that there is enough appropriate conditions in Azerbaijan to host the Olympic Games.

“It should be considered that Winter Olympiad is held between two Summer Olympic Games. Other continent may also host Winter Games. Madrid, Prague as well as Baku have great chance. I think Azerbaijan has enough conditions to host Olympic Games in 2016. We discussed the issue at the meeting with Youth and Sports minister Azad Rehimov and National Olympic Committee vice-president Chingiz Huseynzade”, he said.

Hikky also mentioned that the nomination of a city for the Olympic Games is not always successful.

“I would like to underline an important matter. Most cities joining the contests for the first time to host the games lost in the first round. In fact, only Atlanta won the contest in first chance”, he said.

He noted that some other kinds of sports, especially karate, are likely to be included in Olympic Games.

After each Olympic Games finish, assessment is made of each sport. Last time the baseball and softball went out. And Karate, golf and rugby came in. 50% of vote is required to remove any sport from the program. Karate was not included because 2/3 majority of vote was required before. I think karate will be included in the program this time”, he said.

Hikky stated that European Olympic Committee aids to the member countries equally. He noted that Azerbaijan Olympic Committee participates in several programs. /APA-Sport/

Stadium with over 70 000 seats to be built in Baku

A big stadium admitting 70 000 people minimum will be built in Baku, Youth and Sport Ministry press secretary Ragif Abbasov told APA-Sport.

Azerbaijan intends to host 2016 Olympic Games. He said that the opening ceremony of the Olympic game must be held in the big stadium admitting over 70 000 audience according to the regulation of International Olympic Committee.

“The stadium is expected to be built either in Baku-Sumgayit, Baku-Elet or Olympic camp territory. The time of construction will be known after the first stage of documentation on Olympics is finished in September. The construction of the stadium will be funded from 2008 budget‿, he said.

Ragif Abbasov noted that the stadium meeting Olympic standards will be built even if Azerbaijan doesn’t host the 2016 Olympic Games.

“Azerbaijan will try to achieve this anyway‿, he said. /APA/

Woa, welcome abroad bro! BTW do you have any info about when will Baku unveil their website and logo bid ? Thank you

Bro, i am waiting fot Baku website and logo too. You know, that logo which one of the users showed at GamesBids.com was published in one famous azerbaijani news site. But i am not sure whether it is official or not. I think official website and logo will be presented soon. As for Baku i can give you the official website of Baku Municipality www.bakucity.az

I'll provide you with information as soon as i get news

It is possible that this logo will be changed, because Baku haven't given Bid-Book to the IOC ( I think other cities have done it), after it Baku will have opportunity to present its official website and logo and even infomericial and other advertisments of BAKU 2016. Right now, without ready Bid-Book Baku can only make marches etc. Ithink that is why we are still waiting for more things from Baku.

Actually i don't like this logo, i am waiting for something more cool. But ithe logo has a nice sense. It is not senseless at all.

Read information about GOBUSTAN

Gobustan State Reserve located west of the settlement of Qobustan, about 40 miles southwest of the centre of Baku was established in 1966 when the region was declared as a national historical landmark of Azerbaijan in an attempt to preserve the ancient carvings, mud volcanoes and gas-stones in the region.

Gobustan State Reserve is very rich in archeological monuments, the reserve has more then 600,000 rock paintings, which depict primitive men, animals, battle-pieces, ritual dances, bullfights, boats with armed oarsmen, warriors with lances in their hands, camel caravans, pictures of sun and stars, on the average dating back to 5,000-20,000 years.

800px-Qobustan.jpg

gobustan2.jpg

gobustan.jpg

Do you see the similarity of logo with those pictures of people on the rocks?

Oh, i am sorry i meant Baku haven't presented Mini-Book yet and the deadline is January 14

It's the same for all applicant cities (I mean, none of them has presented the Questionnaire to the IOC).

Thanks for letting us know about the meaning behind the logo.

Stadium with over 70 000 seats to be built in Baku

A big stadium admitting 70 000 people minimum will be built in Baku, Youth and Sport Ministry press secretary Ragif Abbasov told APA-Sport.

Azerbaijan intends to host 2016 Olympic Games. He said that the opening ceremony of the Olympic game must be held in the big stadium admitting over 70 000 audience according to the regulation of International Olympic Committee.

“The stadium is expected to be built either in Baku-Sumgayit, Baku-Elet or Olympic camp territory. The time of construction will be known after the first stage of documentation on Olympics is finished in September. The construction of the stadium will be funded from 2008 budget‿, he said.

Ragif Abbasov noted that the stadium meeting Olympic standards will be built even if Azerbaijan doesn’t host the 2016 Olympic Games.

“Azerbaijan will try to achieve this anyway‿, he said. /APA/

I agree. Azerbaijan should build this stadium regardless of whether or not they win the 2016 Olympic bid because their largest stadium, the Tofig Bakhramov Stadium, has only 30,000 seats (30,000 less than the minimum requirement)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived