Mascot(s) Coming Nov 27, 2007

Kenadian

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got my first look at them. I don't like them. The designs look too close to the Beijing Mascots, especially Miga. So far the best mascots (in my opinion) in the history of Olympic mascots were LA's Sam the Eagle, and Calgary's Hidy and Howdy. What happened to the Spirit Bear?

If they want to improve things, they need the Kokanee Ranger to start chasing after Quatchi. :lol:

I just got my first look at them. I don't like them. The designs look too close to the Beijing Mascots, especially Miga. So far the best mascots (in my opinion) in the history of Olympic mascots were LA's Sam the Eagle, and Calgary's Hidy and Howdy. What happened to the Spirit Bear?

If they want to improve things, they need the Kokanee Ranger to start chasing after Quatchi. :lol:

In fact, Sumi is a mixture of the Thunderbird and the Spirit Bear, i think

I had a feeling that they would be fugley. I'm reading the comments on the CTV website. Majority of the people are not impressed. There are repetitive comments like ugly, not impressed, terrible, too Asian, look like South Park characters. One comment says that they look like characters from a Soviet-era Russian cartoon.

Vanoc would've been better off if they appoached Pixar to design some mascots.

I think they're great! Probably my favourite ever...I wonder if they'll have any thing available by Christmas. These would make great gifts to all the kids I;m shopping for. Miga is my favourite. She looks like kinda bad arse with the dorsal fin/mohawk. I also have to say that the launch video is the best one that any organizing committee has put out in a long while.

I think they're great! Probably my favourite ever...I wonder if they'll have any thing available by Christmas. These would make great gifts to all the kids I;m shopping for. Miga is my favourite. She looks like kinda bad arse with the dorsal fin/mohawk. I also have to say that the launch video is the best one that any organizing committee has put out in a long while.

There will be mascot merchandise for sale in the coming weeks or maybe even days. The whole point of this launch, so near to Christmas, was so that people will buy items for gifts....i really think VANOC's gonna get a lot of revenue out of this.

One of the pics over there reminds me of one vancouver2010.com put the past year when they announced the mascot competition. Perhaps they had already the designers? Who knows :lol:

By the way, i'm not surprised with the destructive comments on CBC and CTV websites about the mascots (altought they are not as agressive as the people reacted with the Lisa Giving Head) , some people still don't understand that the main target are the kids. Maybe because most of us have grown in other generations, but we must admit that this generation is not the same. I think the mascots are good, after the London 2012 logo flop, they somehow took away from the the bad taste from my mouth.