Beijing Tickets - What Did You Get?

OK - so it looks like a few people have missed out - so I'd really be interested in what pattern forms.

So please list what you requested, and what you got?

Cheers!

Requested Opening (C area), 4 Swimming events (C area), 2 Basketball events (B area), 1 Diving (C area), 2 Gymnastics (B area), 1 Archery (A area).

You only applied for the ceremony tickets? I have heard there will be live sites at Beihai and Tiantin parks as well as on the Square - so without being in the Birds Nest you can still have an amazing experience watching the ceremony. Regardless of what tickets I get I'll still be heading to China.

Passerby - from what I have heard nearly the entire allocation to Cosport was A reserve. The Chinese wre less sure the higher price brackets would sell - thus most corporate, international and sponsor allocation are the pricey seats. This may have affected your allocation.

You only applied for the ceremony tickets? I have heard there will be live sites at Beihai and Tiantin parks as well as on the Square - so without being in the Birds Nest you can still have an amazing experience watching the ceremony. Regardless of what tickets I get I'll still be heading to China.

Passerby - from what I have heard nearly the entire allocation to Cosport was A reserve. The Chinese wre less sure the higher price brackets would sell - thus most corporate, international and sponsor allocation are the pricey seats. This may have affected your allocation.

Sorry for the confusion thatsnotmypuppy, but I did end up having tickets allocated to me. I submitted a request for OC tickets and another for the events. The notification I posted was referring to the Opening Ceremony tickets. I checked my email late night and had another notification from CoSport. I was allocated the following: pricing categories in parentheses

8/9 Gymnastics (B), 8/10 Basketball (B), 8/11 Archery (A), 8/12 Basketball (B), 8/13 Gymnastics (B) and Swimming (B)

Wow - I am thrilled for you guys/gals.

I have been worried that everyone will miss out on everything but now it looks like at least some sporting session tickets have been successfully purchased. Brilliant.

I'll post what I have requested and let you know what I have received in due course...

I didn't order any tickets because the Philippine Olympic Committee charges a questionably high 'ticket processing fee'. <_<

And because basically I can't afford a 2-week Olympics vacation yet. And it sucks because the 2008 Games is the most affordable one for me considering the proximity of China to my country. (On the brighter side, I've started a personal London 2012 fund – hell knows it's going to be a ridiculously expensive two-week vacation!)

Anyway, I have a question for you, lucky ticket holders:

Are the event tickets available to your countries only those that have your national teams participating in them? Were tickets to the semifinal, final rounds and gala shows also sold to your countries?

Less than 10 events were available here at the time of reservations and purchasing, and that's kinda boring because none of them are the events that I want to watch (except for the OC, of course).

I got Ceremony Opening, Closing, Archery, Swimming and Athletics

But I did not get them from Australia, I got them through a friend in another country and they were allocated to them in August. I put in a second order for Gymnastics, Weightlifting and Basketball Finals and Volleyball finals and I was told I would have these confirmed or denied by the end of November.

No Opening Ceromony for me

No big luck for Swimming (I asked 7 sessions of Finals level A, I got only one B and one C)

Got almost ALL the sessions for Gymnastics (including extra tickets (for Finals) that I will not be able to use)

Got the four sessions for Finals of Athletics I asked (all four with extra ticket)

Ask a lot for diving, got only 2 sessions (no finals)

Got a lot of Beach-Volleyball (8 differents sessions, including for women the 1/4, the 1/2 and the Finals)

Got a lot of Boxing including the two sessions of Finals (lot of tickets I will not use)

No Rowing Finals, and no Cycling Track Finals (I'm very disapointed)

Lots of preliminaries games for Basketball and indoor Volleyball (including the Gold medal match for men), (lot of ticket I will not use)

No Football Final

Got Finals for Wrestling (one time) and Weightlifting (three times)

Got Tennis two times (preliminary round) (I will only go ounce)

Also got three sessions of Table tennis and one of Water-Polo plus 3 Baseball games (all of those, I will probabbly don't go)

It's sure that I will have to make a lot of hard choice :

I got Athletics Finals and Boxing Finals in the same time, the saturday night

I got Volleyball Finals and Boxing Finals in the same time, the sunday afternoon

I got Athletics Finals ang Gymnastics Finals in the same time, another night

etc...

With my extra tickets (wich included a lot of premium events) I will try eventually to make trade to get more Swimming Finals and maybe Opening Ceremony

I asked a total of 105 tickets and I got 78, for a total of 1900$

Very happy for the result, but the biggest surprise for me is that they will charge my Visa card in US funds. The fact that the Canadian dollar improve so much against the US dollar recently : It will cost me about 18% less than what I expected when I placed my order few months ago.

I would glady trade my Rowing final ticket for a Gymnastic ticket.

You're Rowing ticket is for the 16th or the 17th ?

Maybe we can make a deal.

There's a lot of trade I will be interested to make eventually.

Not now, I have to all reorganize my full agenda (including all the visit, Summer Palace, Great Wall, Forbidden City, Olymphilex, etc...), decide wich events I will choose to see in priority. After I will be able to determinate wich one of my tickets will be available for trade.

You may have to check with your local CoSport if you can surrender certain tickets you do not want for their second round of offers/open sales. I doubt they'll allow any swaps. Gymnastics has proven very popular and I know there is very limited stock available for local Chinese, let alone International orders.

So ordering directly through everyones correct ticketing agency no-one has scored any ceremony tickets...

I will really have to weigh up if I'm prepared to pay the scalpers...

BOCOG have completley sold out of Ceremony tickets, Swimming, Diving and Gymnastics.

There will be no further international or local allocation for these tickets in the second round according to my sources, and they have been pretty spot on so far with everything they have told me.

Where have all the tickets GONE???

No Opening Ceromony for me

No big luck for Swimming (I asked 7 sessions of Finals level A, I got only one B and one C)

Got almost ALL the sessions for Gymnastics (including extra tickets (for Finals) that I will not be able to use)

Got the four sessions for Finals of Athletics I asked (all four with extra ticket)

Ask a lot for diving, got only 2 sessions (no finals)

Got a lot of Beach-Volleyball (8 differents sessions, including for women the 1/4, the 1/2 and the Finals)

Got a lot of Boxing including the two sessions of Finals (lot of tickets I will not use)

No Rowing Finals, and no Cycling Track Finals (I'm very disapointed)

Lots of preliminaries games for Basketball and indoor Volleyball (including the Gold medal match for men), (lot of ticket I will not use)

No Football Final

Got Finals for Wrestling (one time) and Weightlifting (three times)

Got Tennis two times (preliminary round) (I will only go ounce)

Also got three sessions of Table tennis and one of Water-Polo plus 3 Baseball games (all of those, I will probabbly don't go)

It's sure that I will have to make a lot of hard choice :

I got Athletics Finals and Boxing Finals in the same time, the saturday night

I got Volleyball Finals and Boxing Finals in the same time, the sunday afternoon

I got Athletics Finals ang Gymnastics Finals in the same time, another night

etc...

With my extra tickets (wich included a lot of premium events) I will try eventually to make trade to get more Swimming Finals and maybe Opening Ceremony

I asked a total of 105 tickets and I got 78, for a total of 1900$

Very happy for the result, but the biggest surprise for me is that they will charge my Visa card in US funds. The fact that the Canadian dollar improve so much against the US dollar recently : It will cost me about 18% less than what I expected when I placed my order few months ago.

Holy sh!t, I am planning on applying for between 400 and 600 dollars worth of tickets for Vancouver and I thought that is a bit much, but a 105 tickets. I am disappointed for you with rowing, I can imagine how much that sucks.

But at least now you have a lot of tickets to trade with in China.

Sponsors and teh Chinese apparatchiks basically. As I have stated earlier BOCOG have really been pushed to honour their international allocation obligations - and I am far from convinced that they have held up their end of the bargain.

At the end of the day hopefully we will all get a handful of decent tickets and can see the lesser sports to fill in the gaps.

If not - try a google search for 'Beijing Tickets' and try your luck with the scalpers - who seem to believe they have the best tickets - or any tickets.

Well, that's the problem with these Ceremonies nutts :P ...

U know, there are limits. I'm willing to go up to $500 for a Category C seat which is my preferred location; and perhaps $1,000 for an "A" or "B" seat (on the Tribunal side of the stadium) but NOT much more than that. They can shove it after that.

Edited by baron-pierreIV