Interview With Jacques Rogge

Mainad

Video of interview with Jacques Rogge from the BBC Sports Website:

He is pleased with London 2012's progress but hopes that a permanent tenant for the Olympic Stadium (post Games) will be found soon.He defends the decision of the IOC to award the 2008 Olympics to Beijing despite mounting criticism of China's human rights record.He is sure that the Games will be a force for positive change in China but says there is only so much the IOC can and should do to influence the Chinese government's policy.(short of taking the Games away from them I suppose and it's getting a bit late for that!).

Link:

He is such an 'un-exciting' speaker. And he still did not say how the cauldron will be lit next year.

Next.

He won't win any awards for charisma but he seems honest and plain-spoken (which is the important thing).

As for the cauldron...well,he was never asked about that,so blame the interviewer! ;)

I heard part of that interview from the BBC. Yeah, he does not have much charisma, but he is a no-nonsense guy. The part that will interest me about him is how his Mandarin pronunciation is going to sound like, when he will step onto the podium to address the Chinese crowd next August. Never mind what he will say in his speech to them.

Archived