Fifa Drops Cup Rotation From 2018

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aleast Africa did it once in a life time. Am just too ok with that for now.

I don't care if FIFA want to keep it to the developed countries only. FIFA is known to be notorous in that.

To say that FIFA is only bothered about keeping the tournament in developed countries is, quite frankly, absurd. This is a sensible development.

No, it's not so sensible! This will make things too tight for NIGERIA that will be Africa future host, you know.

So, if FIFA has interest only in developed countries... why Nigeria will host the next U-17 World Cup, Egypt the next U-20... and of course, why Uruguay, Brazil, Chile, Argentina and Mexico hosted previous FIFA World Cups???

No, it's not so sensible! This will make things too tight for NIGERIA that will be Africa future host, you know.

You know, james, since Africa will be hosting 2010, the next time it'll roll around to Africa (and it will probably be Nigeria) won't be for at least another 5 rounds, so perhaps 2030 or 2034 - by which time you will be old enough to join the bidding team and make use of your talents.

After the boring non-race of 2014, 2018 is shaping up as probably the classiest bidding field ever, even for an Olympics.

So far, I've seen indications of bids from:

England

USA

Australia

China

Russia

Netherlands/Belgium

No wonder they wanted to get rid of rotation!

Aleast Africa did it once in a life time. Am just too ok with that for now.

I don't care if FIFA want to keep it to the developed countries only. FIFA is known to be notorous in that.

No , they're not . Mexico hosted in '70 and '86 when they were a developing nation and what about Brazil , Argentina and Chile , I am sure they weren't developed when they hosted in 1950 , 1978 and 1962 .

After the boring non-race of 2014, 2018 is shaping up as probably the classiest bidding field ever, even for an Olympics.

England

USA

Australia

China

Russia

Netherlands/Belgium

Spain?

England

USA

Australia

China

Russia

Netherlands/Belgium

Netherlands/Belgium ??? another co-host ?? I thought FIFA/blatter doesn't like co-host....

No , they're not . Mexico hosted in '70 and '86 when they were a developing nation and what about Brazil , Argentina and Chile , I am sure they weren't developed when they hosted in 1950 , 1978 and 1962 .

YES! You are right. Pardon me for that. The way things are going the developed world will usurp this opportunity.

And now its coming out that the CONACAF president is quite pissed off that now that is was finally his turn to host, FIFA abandoned the rotation.

American committee member Chuck Blazer's not very happy either.

As for the head of CONCACAF, he shouldn't even be working for FIFA any more so if opposes the decision, it was probably the correct one.

American committee member Chuck Blazer's not very happy either.

As for the head of CONCACAF, he shouldn't even be working for FIFA any more so if opposes the decision, it was probably the correct one.

Even if it seems to be technically correct but I can still smell some foul play in it. Aleast, they should have let the rotaion to go on for some time, with great observations, before the young termination.

Even if it seems to be technically correct but I can still smell some foul play in it. Aleast, they should have let the rotaion to go on for some time, with great observations, before the young termination.

Agreed. They should have let a FULL global rotation play out -- and then open it up.

But it's only soccer anyway, so who cares?

Spain?

I've yet to see any articles positing a Spain bid. As fior Russia, I've seen quite a few articles mentioning them as a bidder, but nothing official out of Russia itself.

Tanaka_Ray Posted Today, 02:04 AM

Netherlands/Belgium ??? another co-host ?? I thought FIFA/blatter doesn't like co-host....

Well, that's obviously their weakness, but they have definitely announced they'll bid. Actually, I'm not against such a joint bid in that case, it's probably the only way a football powerhouse like Holland could ever host.

Archived