The Best 2016 Logo So Far

What is your favorite 2016 bid logo so far?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Of the 5 so far...

• Chicago
    • Doha
    • Madrid
    • Prague
    • Tokyo

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My vote of course went to Chicago...

2nd place - Tokyo

3rd, but not by much - Prague

4th - Doha

5th - Madrid

It's almost safe to say Madrid will remain in last or second to last depending on Rio and Baku. Doha's reminds me of Singapore's Youth Olympics logo.

I can't wait for Rio to release their logo! Any recent news on when?

Hence the so far. It's a toss up between Chicago and Doha. And I can't decide. I've voted Chicago, just because that's who I'm supporting in this race, but Doha's logo is just as good tbh.

1. Chicago - slick, bold and memorable, everything you'd expect from an American bid logo.

=. Doha - creative and love the clever use of Arabic in the design. The colours work very well. As soon as I saw it I really liked it.

3. Prague - much neater than their original design, quite well balanced but very bland.

4. Madrid - like Madrid 2016 itself, it's a nice idea but it feels like a second draft. Can see lots of potential such as a wall of handprints for people backing the bid etc.

5. Tokyo - that white glow effect really bothers me. Any piece of graphic design where you can immediately point to elements and say "that glow effect came straight from Macromedia fireworks" doesn't quite work for me. Besides, it's too fiddly and looks like a noose. Oh, and the gradients look really naff. As you can tell, I really don't like it (sorry, that's just my opinion!)

Chicago and Madrid are the only ones that resonates as a brand. You look at them once or twice, turn around, and you can easily draw it yourself. But Chicago encompases a better design whereas Madrid is crap. Tokyo's is a nice design, but too complicated to remember as a brand. Same with Doha - design ahead of brand. Prague is very weak on both fronts.

Winner: Chicago

Uhmmm, danny -- it is called an 'avatar' and NOTHING shows in there.

It's also "Drawn by me" (to say it correctly in English).

Can you say some sentences in portuguese without making any mistake Baron?

P.s.: Don't go looking at the dictionary or asking somebody to do it.... Give it a try, smart boy! ;)

Can you say some sentences in portuguese without making any mistake Baron?

P.s.: Don't go looking at the dictionary or asking somebody to do it.... Give it a try, smart boy! ;)

Duh! I NEVER CLAIMED I could speak Portuguese. If he was using English, then might as well learn to use it correctly. U don't want me mangling your Portuguese, do you? :rolleyes:

Duh! I NEVER CLAIMED I could speak Portuguese. If he was using English, then might as well learn to use it correctly. U don't want me mangling your Portuguese, do you? :rolleyes:

It's funny, the governor of California doesn't speak English fluently too and why did you haven't send a letter to him????

I'm not fluently in English, I agree, and what is the matter with that? As I can see, you understand my sentences without problems...

I can just see in few days Baron opening a topic to discuss: Cariocas doesn't speak English, How will they host the Olympics?

Take care Baron, Florida and California in few decades won't speak English, it will be worse than talk to me in english... B)

The logo desenhado by me is now updated in my fotinho. :rolleyes:

It won a poll in the Rio 2016 online movement blog:

rio16.blogspot.com

At the moment, it's one of the non-official Rio's logos.

He hasn't to speak fluently.... he is not from an english-spoken country...... he should only be able to communicate well, and he does that.... the proof is that u always answer what he says.....

Besides.... you won't mangle my portuguese because you just CAN'T do it... :)

He hasn't to speak fluently.... he is not from an english-spoken country...... he should only be able to communicate well, and he does that.... the proof is that u always answer what he says.....

Besides.... you won't mangle my portuguese because you just CAN'T do it... :)

Bratinho masqui nada ixtao girlao from ipanemao Ieda Maria Vargas, Rioa nota surao to makao el shortao listao!!

How's that? Close enuf? :D:D

Archived