First Ever Gamesbids.com Hosted Chat

Coming up on October 26, the bids for the Youth Olympic Games in 2010 will be submitting their bid books. I will have the opportunity to speak to some of the bid leaders before and after that date.

I thought that this would make a good opportunity to plan an organized GamesBids.com chat using our new toolbar chat facility.

There are a lot of unanswered questions about the bids and how the bid process will work. We can discuss these and propose questions for the bid leaders.

Planning a time for such a chat is difficult since we are all around the world.

Initially, I propose 15:00 GMT on Monday, October 22.

*** CANCELLED - SEE NOTE ON PAGE 2 ***

Around the world this translates to (I think, correct these times if I'm wrong):

Monday October 22

7:00 Los Angeles/Vancouver time

9:00 Chicago time

10:00 New York/Toronto time

12:00 Rio time

15:00 London/Madrid time

16:00 Athens time

17:00 Moscow/Doha time

22:00 Singapore time

23:00 Beijing time

Tuesday October 23

0:00 Tokyo time

2:00 Sydney time (ouch! sorry)

This is not written in stone. Depending on feedback in this thread I may change it - check back here for updates. Please use this thread for feedback and to tell me whether you think you will "attend" the chat (be honest so we don't have unrealistic expectations). Also, this being short notice, it is possible this event may be postposed.

You will need the GB toolbar with the chat button feature. You can download it at BY CLICKING THIS LINK and following instructions. There are no viruses or spyware and you can uninstall easily anytime.

gb-toolbar.gif

Install the GamesBids.com Toolbar Today!

Please add your feedback below and check back for final plans.

Why is Africa always being relegated in the scheme of things ? I can't see any Africa time her. Please, I want Nigeria time for me to participate.

Well, I haven't been able to load up the GamesBids toolbar anyway _ it's incompatible with my Mac at home, and my PC at work is locked down against installing any outside programs. Actually, is the chat function used much? Am I missing anything?

Roltel (and other Mac users) try this link and let me know if it loads up the chat...

GB Chat Site

N.B. The site isn't used much day-to-day but I imagine it will serve as a great event backup system for bid elections, opening ceremonies, Eurovision and also - scheduled chats.

Why is Africa always being relegated in the scheme of things ? I can't see any Africa time her. Please, I want Nigeria time for me to participate.

Yes! So unfair! I demand that you also put down the time for Denver, Newfoundland, and Tashkent! Because figuring these things out on our own is too difficult.

Around the world this translates to (I think, correct these times if I'm wrong):

Monday October 22

London and Madrid are in different time zones ;) If it is 16:00 in Athens, then it's 15:00 in Madrid and 14:00 in London

I don't like toolbars cluttering up my browser but I've bookmarked the chat page. Thanks.

Oh btw, great leader, you might want to change your signature as it's two years out of date. ;)

It's not out-of-date, it's a classic logo representing the most intense bid in Olympic history!

Monday October 22

London and Madrid are in different time zones ;) If it is 16:00 in Athens, then it's 15:00 in Madrid and 14:00 in London

I'm thinking about this and if it is 15:00 GMT with the European Daylight Saving Time it would be 16:00 in London, 17:00 in Madrid, 18:00 in Athens and 19:00 in Moscow.

Summer-Time ends on October 28th. Without the daylight saving time if it is 15:00 GMT, it is 15:00 in London, 16:00 in Madrid, 17:00 in Athens and 18:00 in Moscow.

This thing of time is really complicated :lol:

Roltel (and other Mac users) try this link and let me know if it loads up the chat...

GB Chat Site

N.B. The site isn't used much day-to-day but I imagine it will serve as a great event backup system for bid elections, opening ceremonies, Eurovision and also - scheduled chats.

Yeah, it does work on my Mac _ the place was empty when I popped in though.

Thanks.

Archived