Cuba vs. Spain

Czech Republic vs. Japan

Brazil vs. Belarus

Saturday

Cuba/Spain loser vs. Czech Republic/Japan loser

Latvia/Angola loser vs. Brazil/Belarus loser

Sunday

Game 17 winner vs. Game 18 winner

My picks: Latvia, Spain, Czech Republic, and Brazil (quarterfinal winners)--Belarus (Game 19 winner over Cuba)

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes I don't understand our NOC.

Yao Jie (badminton) has qualified for the Games in the IBF qualification procedure. Because she was not in the semi finales during the european championships she can not go to the Games. The NOC said she had enough possibilities to qualify for the national qualification rules. And those rules are made by the national sport federation and the NOC.

I didn't catch that. Why is the NOC throwing away a possible olympic medal. Are they mad?

I agree with you. she was so close of the official qualification. But is is also the fault of the badminton federation. They agreed with this strict procedure.

That's a a good draw for the USA men. Boy, Pool 1 is tough -- Russia, Brazil and Serbia all together. That should favor the US.

A little tougher for the US women, being with China and Japan there. But Women's Pool 1 is just as tough -- Italy, Brazil, Russia and Serbia! Whew!!

The first 4 are going to the quaters. So it will be no problem for Russia, Brazil and Serbia. I think Poland will be the # 4 in this group. In B Italy, China, USA and Bulgaria will go on. But the quaters will be great! I am looking forward to it (despite The Netherlands will not be participating).

Beach Volley, WorldTour still ongoing.

These are the current rankings (the first 23 couples in both Men/Women qualifie):

Men Women

The Netherlands will have 2 men's teams participating. Schuil and Nummerdor are already certain and a candidate for a medal. The 2nd place will go to Boersma and Bram Ronnes, or De Gruiter and Gijs Ronnes. Two brothers batteling for one place. That will be a special family-dinner!

Basket, Women's WQT.

Spain, Latvia, Czech, Angola and Belarus (by qualifying to semi) join China, Australia, South Korea, Mali, NZ, Russia and Usa to Beijing. Still one spot (the fifth classified) from the Madrid's WQT to be decided between Japan, Cuba, Angola and Brazil.

The Men's WQT is scheduled from 14 to 20 July in Athens. The 3 remaining spots will complete the already drawn groups:

Group A

Russia

Lithuania

Argentina

Australia

Iran

1 WQT

Group B

Usa

Spain

China

Angola

1 WQT

1 WQT

It will be a all-American showdown for the last place for the women's Olympic Basketball tournament. 2004 Olympic and 2006 World Championship fourth placer will be taking on Cuba.

I was surprised Belarus beat Brazil, but I think both will qualify.

They both did qualify. Brazil edges out Cuba in a thrilling final game 72-67 to get the last open spot to qualify.

It's amazing Belarus promoted themselves out of Eurobasket Division B two years ago to field a very credible basketball team good enough to at least advance to the Olympic qualification round and get there to Beijing.

Beach Volley, WorldTour still ongoing.

These are the current rankings (the first 23 couples in both Men/Women qualifie):

Men Women

Thanks for these rankings... It doesnt look like the new zealand mens team will make it which is a shame

Rowing qualification tournament. Tomorrow we know the last boats who can go to Beijing.

The Dutch LW2x had the second time in the heats. There are two boats for Beijing, so the USA and the Netherlands will probably go.

The Dutch M8+ had the fastest time in the heats, one second faster than the Russian boat. We'll see tomorrow, only one boat is allowed to go. But I hope the Dutch M8+ could go.

The Dutch W8+ has the third time in the exhibition race, only 2 boats are allowed to go. I hope in the final they can beat one other boat so they can also go.

Rowing qualification tournament. Tomorrow we know the last boats who can go to Beijing.

The Dutch LW2x had the second time in the heats. There are two boats for Beijing, so the USA and the Netherlands will probably go.

The Dutch M8+ had the fastest time in the heats, one second faster than the Russian boat. We'll see tomorrow, only one boat is allowed to go. But I hope the Dutch M8+ could go.

The Dutch W8+ has the third time in the exhibition race, only 2 boats are allowed to go. I hope in the final they can beat one other boat so they can also go.

New Zealand looks set to hopefully qualify a further boat in the LM2X event after qualifiting straight through to the final with two other boats. THe top 3 qualify for the olympics. Fingers crossed

The Dutch LW2x has qualified for the Games, together with USA. Netherlands won with three seconds before the USA.

Within a half hour the 8+ W and after that M will start.

Very exciting race but the Dutch and Canadian W8+ go to Beijing. The M8+ race just started, only the winner can go to the Olympics.

Here is the complete list of contries that qualified for Beijing at the OQ Regatta.

Single Scull Men (M1X)

1. United States of America

2. Lithuania

3. Estonia

Pairs Men (M2-)

1. Canada

2. Italy

Double Sculls Men (M2X)

1. Russia

2. Russia

Fours Men (M4-)

1. Australia

2. China

Quadruple Sculls Men (M4X)

1. Belarus

2. Slovenia

Eights Men (M8+)

1. Netherlands

Double Sculls Lightweight Men (LM2X)

1. New Zealand

2. Portugal

3. Canada

Fours Lightweight Men (LM4-)

1. Germany

2. Ireland

Single Sculls Women (W1X)

1. Australia

2. Italy

3. Serbia

Pairs Women (W2-)

1. France

2. Great Britain

Double Sculls Women (W2X)

1. Ukraine

2. Australia

Quadruple Sculls Women (W4X)

1. Russia

Eights Women (W8-)

1. Canada

2. Netherlands

Double Sculls Lightweight Women (LW2X)

1. Netherlands

2. United States

good too see new zealand qualified the LMX2 for the games... This will mean we will have 8 crews in Beijing which is three more from four years ago and five more from 2000... Great work

good too see new zealand qualified the LMX2 for the games... This will mean we will have 8 crews in Beijing which is three more from four years ago and five more from 2000... Great work

The Netherlands will have 6 crews in Beijing:

Men's 8

Men's light 4

Men's 4

Men's skiff

Women's 8

Women's light D2

The only country whit a full rowing team is Australia. Coming close are Germany and the USA (one crew short), while Great Britain was two crews short of a full team. China will have eleven boats out of a possible fourteen.