2011 Irb Rugby World Cup

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The latest pictures coming from Eden Park with 2 hours until the opening ceremony show a large white circle in the middle of the field. the 12000 capacity of party central on the wharf was full within minutes of the fan zone opening and organisers are telling people not to come down to the wharf now. Also the transport system is apparently struggling

Transport disaster, all ferries from auckland to north shore have been cancelled, so people are stranded and cant get to the game. ALso trains are running very slow and instead of every 10 mins have been delayed by up to an hour due to fans pressing the emmergency buttons. There will be serious questions asked about this, especially when people try to go home after the game. I am in my seat at the stadium, will be a long walk back to hotel tonight i think lol 25 mins to go, excited

Disaster for Public Transport!

Idiots pressing emergency buttons have forced the cancellation of all train services untill after the game. Train stopped in journey will still make it to Kingsland and Morningside stations.

Ferries have been cancelled from the North Shore as there are over 200k people jamming up the Ferry Terminal area.

Typical Auckland!!!

Looks to me like the entire population of 1.4m and then some have tried to come into the CBD? haha. I guess in a way a victim of their own success, the people are certainly wanting to be part of party central, guzumping some of the doubters.

As for the emergency stop, ughhh, I know what that's like. Some idiot did exactly the same thing on a packed train from Nice to Ventimiglia, was there for 45minutes crushed up against the door before we could go again.

The whole atmosphere down there looks amazing though, mixed with a stunning show, looks fantastic.

Well I'm all lit up! To a point.

Average opening ceremony.

Loved the waterfront fireworks, watercraft and container sraddler choreography!

Over the top! Just like Australia!

Well I'm all lit up!

A great opening ceremony. Loved the waterfront fireworks, watercraft and container sraddler choreography!

Over the top! Just like Australia!

haha, don't get many chances to party I guess - especially in this past year.

the atmosphere in the stadium is amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWIqVfRLooc

It was CAF, i was very lucky though as i walked back from Eden PArk to City centre, but the transport failed big time. After an awesome build up and excitment, it was the public transport that ruined everything. Hopefully after the inquiry they will improve things for the final.

Going to watch Scotland v Romania in a few hours before heading back to Wellington for work

... and I can't watch Scotland...

:(

It starts in the night here - and I have to go to the farmers market tomorrow in the morning...

Dont worry, i can keep you updated with the score. Should be an easy win for us, its the later games against the bigger teams tha ti am more worried about

Romania, my adopted side, has given Scotland a good run for its money down in Invercargill's Rugby Park, which I might add looks pristeene. Sco 34-Rom 24.

Watching the arm wrestle tween Namibia and Fiji in Rotorua's International Stadium, which looks awfully disorganised but the supporters are having a ball!

Nail biting stuff today, my lads nearly gave me a heart attack. Need to do alot better in our coming games, just not good enough. Although for the world cup itself the game was great, which was what was missing from last nights opener

Archived