Softball At The Beijing Olympics

Athan

By the moment, the LAST Olympic Softball tournament is the only Beijing Olympic Sport with all the qualifying events played.

These tounament will be played by:

- People's republic of China (CHN)

- United States (USA)

- Japan (JPN)

- Australia (AUS)

- Canada (CAN)

- Chinese Taipei (TPE)

- The Netherlands (NED)

- Venezuela (VEN)

Which teams do you think will win the medals? I think:

1) USA

2) CHN

3) JPN

Ya, well they got on the wrong side on the upset during the Euro-african qualification tournament (and on home soil, to...).

Never count out the Australians for a medal, they're always good.

That's right, I think Japan and Australia will fight for the bronze medal but I see Japan as the winners, I don't know why :P

Anyway, good luck to Australia (and Japan)

I'm surprised that Italy didn't qualify out of Europe since it and The Netherlands are widely regarded the best softball and baseball nations out of Europe.

Both Italian softball and baseball teams won't be in Beijing ... but both Dutch softball and baseball teams will be.

How could China got the medals ? I thought Chinese Taipei better than China, and where are the Koreans ?? I though the medals will go to USA,Japan,Aussie ;)

Sorry, I made mistake, Chinese Taipei, Korea, and Japan are good in Baseball, and in softball China, and Japan are the most dominant team in Asia

yeah, sorry, I'm wrong, I thougn that's baseball... :(

Always look before you leap. Am fed up of your SORRY, every time.

At least he makes amends. And who r u to condemn him? <_<

I am james by name. Tanaka ray is my friend and he quite understand what I am talking about. Peace off, Baron.

yeah, sorry, I'm wrong, I thougn that's baseball... :(

I agree: China won't win a baseball medal.

And talking about baseball... which Asian teams do you think will qualify? Possible qualifying teams are: Japan, Chinese Taipei, Republic of Korea, Hong Kong (China), Thailand, Philippines and Pakistan. The winner will directly qualify to the Olympics, the runner-up and the bronze medal winner will be in the Olympic Qualifying Tournament. This qualifying tournament will be played by:

- Mexico (MEX)

- Canada (CAN)

- Australia (AUS)

- South Africa (RSA)

- Great Britain (GBR)

- Spain (ESP)

- Asia's runner-up

- Asia's 3rd

Top 3 teams in the Olympic Qualfying Tournament will be in the Beijing Olympics joining:

- People's Republic of China (CHN)

- United States (USA)

- Cuba (CUB)

- The Netherlands (NED)

- Asian Champion

I think JPN will qualify directly to Beijing and KOR and TPE will be in the Qualifying Tournament. If that's true, the last three teams to qualify I think they will be AUS, GBR and MEX/KOR, although I hope ESP to qualify that's very difficult.

Maybe it's a bit soon to talk about it but what do you think about the LAST Olympic Baseball Tournament?

I think JPN will qualify directly to Beijing and KOR and TPE will be in the Qualifying Tournament. If that's true, the last three teams to qualify I think they will be AUS, GBR and MEX/KOR, although I hope ESP to qualify that's very difficult.

Maybe it's a bit soon to talk about it but what do you think about the LAST Olympic Baseball Tournament?

I (kinda) think it won't be the last (provided that MLB players would be able to play in a future Olympic Baseball tournament).

Anyway, I predict that Japan will be the Asian champion while Taiwan, Canada and Mexico will be the last three teams to qualify.