2018 Fifa World Cup In Benelux?

Does anybody know anything about Benelux 2018. I think it would be very nice.

The point is that, tough a co-hosting of nations in not allowed after Korea-Japan 2002, it is becoming more and more difficult for medium-sized countries to even think about bringing the WC home.

...So co-hosting will have to be feasible in the future, won't it?

I think Malaysia-Vietnam-Indonesia-Thailand did a good job with their AFC 2007 Asian Cup.

If co-hosting is not allowed, only some worldpowers could host the WC, such as the USA, the richest European countries, China, Canada, Australia, Japan, Russia, India...

but why not something like Venezuela-Colombia-Ecuador, or Argentina-Perú-Chile, or the Middle East or the Maghreb countries or the Scandinavia?

I seem to recall it was talked about a while ago, but I haven't heard anything recently.

I don't think a reasonable joint bid will get total short shrift from FIFA just because it is a joint bid. We've discussed here before how Japan and Korea went wrong because they built so many new venues. If other nations learn that lesson particularly, then I can see no reason why not.

The only trouble I could see would be if we get more than two nations bidding in the same proposal.

Archived