Anyone Got The Ticket Already?

DesmondChan

I have been going back in and out of CoSport and I can vouch for that - there does seem to be the odd session here and there suddenly having availability (sadly it is always just the 1 ticket). I am not sure why this is happening - and seems to have almost stopped now (in Australia at least). I find it baffling you were able to get swimming tickets. They are the holy grail here in Oz!!

It was the 5 dollar tickets for the 10km thing. I actually had a really decent group of about 30 tickets that if I actually had the money to go, would have bought in an instant, including tickets to the van koeverdan finals and the felicien final. They had everything I wanted, including judo, taekwondo (to the session with the canadian world champion), rowing, canoe/kayaking f and s, athletics, field hockey, handball, modern pentathlon, table tennis, archery and water polo, it was good.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK - weird world. I just pulled up 2 a reserve tickets to the Football at Workers' Stadium on August 12 and also Basketball on August 17. I grabbed both. Just keep checking guys - stuff seems to be there one minute and gone the next. The continual 'fulfillment charges' are annoying me now. CoSport have made $57 off me for doing very little!

thanks for all of your suggestions and after hours' refreshing tonight, I have successfully located 2 archery, 3 football, 2 mordern pentathlon tickets. I haven't seen any badminton ones and I wish I could grab some before the game starts next year. BTW, nobody mentioned mordern pentathlon and i guess I will be very along there.

Meanwhile, in the UK, which uses Sports World rather than CoSport, we have been told that our ticket allocations (which I applied for in July) are delayed again until 10 December. In October I was told that of 12 sets of tickets applied for I was allocated 4, 7 were still being applied for and one was sold out. It is these 7 that keep getting delayed.

The problem is not all with CoSport, it seems.

Meanwhile, in the UK, which uses Sports World rather than CoSport, we have been told that our ticket allocations (which I applied for in July) are delayed again until 10 December. In October I was told that of 12 sets of tickets applied for I was allocated 4, 7 were still being applied for and one was sold out. It is these 7 that keep getting delayed.

The problem is not all with CoSport, it seems.

That is because BOCOG was supposed to give all of the Agents their second allocation of tickets by the end of October, and they changed it to the End of November, and according to my sources this is delayed again by BOCOG (something to do with them selling too many tickets to a venue and they dont have enough seats). The venue was Volleyball or Basketball, I cant remember what they said.

BOCOG have discovered for two sessions of Basketball they have sold an additional 800 - 1,000 tickets. I believe one is the womens gold medal match and the other is an earlier round.

Also I have been told there are issues with the rowing venue - far too many tickets sold. Expect some temp stands to suddenly spring up.

Note - this info has come from a fairly reliable source.

BOCOG have discovered for two sessions of Basketball they have sold an additional 800 - 1,000 tickets. I believe one is the womens gold medal match and the other is an earlier round.

Also I have been told there are issues with the rowing venue - far too many tickets sold. Expect some temp stands to suddenly spring up.

Note - this info has come from a fairly reliable source.

Oversight or sabotage? :blink: Like that so-called mystery poster in Ceremonies who supposedly knew the secret of the Cauldron lighting... Methinks someone put BOCOG in some tight spots purposely.

WELL.......BOCOG Ticketing Director Sacked

Beijing ticketing boss sacked

30/11/2007

The director of the Beijing Olympic ticketing department has been sacked in the wake of last month's chaos surrounding the second round of ticket sales for the 2008 Games.

The sale of 1.85 million tickets on a first come, first served basis was abandoned after less than a day on October 30 when huge demand caused the ticketing system to collapse.

Rong Jun admitted organisers had underestimated demand and apologised to the Chinese people but it was clearly not enough and Zhu Yan was introduced as his successor at a news conference on Friday.

Zhu, who previously worked for the Beijing city government, told reporters that applicants would be restricted to eight tickets each rather than the previous 50 when the second tranche of sales was restarted under a lottery system on December 10.

(Source: Reuters)

Oversight or sabotage? :blink: Like that so-called mystery poster in Ceremonies who supposedly knew the secret of the Cauldron lighting... Methinks someone put BOCOG in some tight spots purposely.

Disagree - it is from their own inept ability to to think that only Chinese staff can control this.

The IOC told them that they MUST empoly staff with previous experience, and currently ex-SOCOG, ATHOC, M2006 and DAGOC (Doha) staff are popping up in all different departments in BOCOG. It started just before August and now certain faces and certain people are finally making their way in to specifically clean up the mess that is happening behind the scenes.

From all reports it is a juice shop in there!

One thing I don't understand with all these ticketing problems is that the IOC has approved the ticketing plan (the plan can only be released after IOC approval).

It either means two things:

• BOCOG doesn't respect its commitment to the IOC and the IOC should give a warning
  • the IOC didn't know what it approved

One thing I don't understand with all these ticketing problems is that the IOC has approved the ticketing plan (the plan can only be released after IOC approval).

It either means two things:

• BOCOG doesn't respect its commitment to the IOC and the IOC should give a warning
  • the IOC didn't know what it approved

Are you going to Beijing and have you gotten your ticket allocation yet?

First offer of tickets offer on Ebay :

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-OPENING-CEREMONY-200...1QQcmdZViewItem

Not for me.

Edited :

ouppss!!! The link seem to not working.

Here's the detail

Two tickets for the Opening Ceremony, category C

Buy It Now price : 8999$US

Ending time in 3 hours and 25 minutes

The seller is in New York city

Edited by Chateau Petrus

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

in Germany we only have one ticket agent. The promised to sell at least 40,000 tickets, but so far they have only received about 22,000 and it´s not clear if the will receive additional tickets. I applied for 12 tickets, which was the maximum number per person, and received a confirmation for eight tickets (DV04, SW14, WL21, FB35, HO34, AT15, AT16 and HB42) on October 13 for a total of only 380 Euros. I already paid the tickets and they will (hopefully) be sent to me 14 days before the games.

Hello everyone,

in Germany we only have one ticket agent. The promised to sell at least 40,000 tickets, but so far they have only received about 22,000 and it´s not clear if the will receive additional tickets. I applied for 12 tickets, which was the maximum number per person, and received a confirmation for eight tickets (DV04, SW14, WL21, FB35, HO34, AT15, AT16 and HB42) on October 13 for a total of only 380 Euros. I already paid the tickets and they will (hopefully) be sent to me 14 days before the games.

You are very lucky to got DV04 and SW14

Diving and Swimming seems to be the hardest ticket to find (with OC, of course)

Yes, I feel quite lucky that I still received some tickets. They gave out tickets on a "first come, first served" rule and I ordered the tickets about six weeks after the begin of the ticket sale. I regret that I did not hear of the start of the ticket sale earlier. Then I would have had the choice to buy any ticket, even for the ceremonies. I am very happy about the tickets for some athletics finals and the handball finals, as handball is a sport where the German team has good chances to reach the finals, as it did in Athens.

Eight tickets (plus the women's marathon on August 17) is really enough for me. I don´t want to visit more than one sports event per day, as I need enough time to explore the sights of Beijing and the Great Wall in Badaling.

I have never visited Olympic Games before, but this is the chance of my lifetime, as it is cheaper than ever. London would be much more expensive for me, although it is just a one hour flight from my hometown.

• 3 weeks later...

I likewise have extras but will probably hold off any trading until April-May, at which time I'll know what else I've been able to procure from the Chinese Phase 2 lottery and Phase 3 open sale.

I'm curious to know if the good folks trying to procure from Sportsworld have heard their results yet, and if there is any happier news there than from those of us who had to deal with Cosport.