Anyone Got The Ticket Already?

DesmondChan

I likewise have extras but will probably hold off any trading until April-May, at which time I'll know what else I've been able to procure from the Chinese Phase 2 lottery and Phase 3 open sale.

I'm curious to know if the good folks trying to procure from Sportsworld have heard their results yet, and if there is any happier news there than from those of us who had to deal with Cosport.

I finally heard from SportsWorld yesterday. I have been allocated six of the twelve events I applied for. Could have been worse, I suppose, but it's good to know finally after waiting for five months. They will publish the remaining available events later this week and I'll see if there's anything else I want.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone based in Singapore on this forum that has got tickets from the SNOC? Any luck?

The people there seem to be totally unresponsive, no word from them yet!

Hi leecz,

Another Gamesbidder - Commentator is based in Singapore as well. He had applied the tickets as well, but no response as well... :(

• 2 weeks later...
Hi leecz,

Another Gamesbidder - Commentator is based in Singapore as well. He had applied the tickets as well, but no response as well... :(

Yes indeed it seems to be a terrible situation over here in singapore.

In the past, the rights to Athens 2004 were given to a local travel agency and things went more smoothly then. This time round, the SNOC is handing it themselves... Obviously the SNOC has no clue how to go about getting the tickets, let alone have any travel packages. I applied since September last year and no word, not even a nil response from them. So much for a city that wants to host the Youth Olympics :(

• 1 month later...
Still waiting for Cosport for my result.

I called them yesterday and the answer was : nobody will receive an answer before the end of september.

We are at the end of september.

welcome to Olympic! I live in center of beijing, if you need advise or information, maybe I could tell you, leave your questions here please , it is said that you can rent apartment USD160 still, whom are not far from Tian an Men

• 1 month later...

Well, what does one expect when the Olympic Games is about to be held in the most-populous nation this August that the tickets for all events would be almost sold out?

Link: CBC: 6.8 million tickets for Beijing Olympics nearly gone

Let's see, if London 2012 can repeat this feat.

Wow, that just about blows away Athens' 3.6 million tickets sold, and closely surpasses Sydney's 6.7 million. :blink:

Well, given the size of China domestic market and the enthusiasm for the Olympics displayed by the Chinese people, it's hardly surprising.

• 3 weeks later...

Does someone already received tickets at home?

I heard the British people can take it in Beijing. Dertour from Germany will receive the tickets mid June and then they will make packages for the costumers and finally will send it to the costumers. The same for the Netherlands with ATP. In Norway they are just back in office, they picked the tickets up in Beijing and will send it in the coming month to the costumers.

In the US, I think CoSport said they would be shipping tickets in July. For me, that seems last minute, especially if an order goes wrong. I'll have to call them soon to keep myself updated. This is my first experience with CoSport. Has anybody dealt with them in the past? What is the process like in getting the tickets? Anyone have any inside information or updates regarding tickets? Thanks.

Ooh, and I have some tickets to trade. Maybe some people are interested?

How are we sure they are genuine? Thatsnomyppupy must have gotten a ticket already ,I guess.

I beleive people here can now see the important of organising big games in populous countries.

How are we sure they are genuine? Thatsnomyppupy must have gotten a ticket already ,I guess.

I beleive people here can now see the important of organising big games in populous countries.

There are genuine tickets on the street now--but only the ones that were issued in the Chinese domestic Phase 3 sale that began on May 5 and just ended. These tickets are actively in play and are being bought/sold/traded. They are a little bit different than the ones that have yet to be issued and distributed. But, only some events were available for this sale, not the full range of sports.

The earlier phase 1 and 2 Chinese domestic sale tickets, and ALL of the ones to international agents, have not yet been distributed. We are all waiting. Then I expect the trading and selling action will really ramp up.

I dón't have the tickets. I have a list with the allocated tickets and paid them to the official ticket agent in the Netherlands. And here in the Netherlands Dutch people are already reselling the tickets if they have too many or if they don't go anymore. They trade nothing, but that's because if we get the tickets in July it's maybe for some people just a few weeks until they leave for Beijing.. and that's a little time to for selling the tickets.

But I think when people have the tickets there will be sold many more indeed.

I don't understand ticketbrokers on the internet. There are a few sited who realy have the tickets. But they have sometimes 12 tickets for each swimming session for example. All countries want more and the ticketbrokers have so may tickets for such events.. and they want $300-1000 for one swimming ticket. It's not fair I think. Soo less tickets for a country and the ticketbrokers have all:S