Anyone Got The Ticket Already?

DesmondChan

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pending a confirmation from Co-Sport, I just booked a seat to China for next year. Got a "Q" fare on United from SFO to Shanghai (upgradeable to Business), then China Eastern to Beijing (same route back) for US$2,071.70. Higher than expected, and that's some 10 months out. Coach seats directly to Beijing are sold out, and 1 Business seat left on 10 Aug 08.

Edited by baron-pierreIV

Just came across this site while reading up on Beijing 2008. I'm too waiting for CoSport to contact me regarding my ticket requests. They said they would let people know from July to September. It's pretty much the end of September. I'm also really late on booking flight and hotel. Have people booked a room yet? Any suggestions of where to go and look for one?

Thank you.

Airplane ticket allready paid

Montreal-Toronto-Shanghai and Beijing-Toronto-Montreal with Air Canada for 1817$CAN

(I want to spent 5 days in Shanghai for visiting before the games)

My flight with Air China for Shanghai to Beijing the 6th of august cost me 200$CAN

Hotel booked and allready paid for Shanghai : Pacific Hotel just in front of Renmin Park at 85$ the night

Then at Beijing, I found a place to stay at only 150$US a night at only 150 yards from a subway station and less then a mile to walk to Tianmen Square.

Still waiting for Cosport for my events tickets

Judging by these kinds of numbers, I reckon I'll need a Lottery win to get out there. Either that or a miracle.

Not at all - what everyone isn't thinking of is the most obvious thing to do. Fly in to Beijing via Hong Kong. There are so many cheap flights to Honkers. Then catch a domestic flight in and out of Beijing - which will be about $350-$400 round trip. As for accomodation - there is tons of hotel rooms and hostels available - I'd recommend getting in now though. Not everywhere is asking a fortune.

Getting tickets will be the big question. Cosport havent sent out any confirmations, and its now October. I am sure if you want to see Rowing, Handball, Boxing, Tennis, Hockey, Football, Baseball, Softball or Synchronised Swimming you would have no problems getting tickets!t from that, it looks like nearly all Swimming, Table Tennis, Diving and Athletic finals sessions sold out in the ballot round. Ceremony tickets also seem to have gone - however if you make it to Beijing they may free up some Closing Ceremony tickets once they decide if the Athletes will get seats or not...

Also all unused sponsor and Olympic Family tickets (I'd doubt there would be many - unlike Sydney, Athens and Torino that got considerable amounts of returns just prior to the Games) should be back in the mix next May or June. Just do what most of us here who are going have done - book to go. If you get tickets to stuff you want to see - great. If not, go for the atmosphere and the side shows - and check out some sports you wouldnt normally see. I personally am hanging out for the white water kayaking. Cant get enough of it when the Games are on!

Does anyone know of, like, an acupuncture Grand Master, or something... so I can write off my trip as a medical one? Seriously.

Mon AM, 01 Oct. Just called Cosport. They say they're not ready. Ggggrrrrrr! :angry: I think so long as BOCOG- Ticketing can't get its act together, Cosport won't know either. I think earliest we'll hear is 15 Oct. GGGGGGGGRRRRRRR! :angry::angry:

Edited by baron-pierreIV

From Cosport

Dear Valued CoSport Customer:

We would like to provide you with an update about the Ticket Allocation and Confirmation Phase. There has been an extremely high demand for tickets to the 2008 Olympic Games. For many of the sports sessions and Ceremonies this demand, in fact, has far exceeded the initial allocation of tickets which the Beijing Organizing Committee had allocated to the US public.

We have been working with the Beijing Organizing Committee to secure additional tickets and hope to receive a supplemental allocation in the near future. We will conduct the lottery as soon as the supplemental allocation is confirmed. While we unfortunately do not as yet have specific dates, we anticipate being able to complete both the lottery and the confirmation process by the last week of October.

Please understand that we have not allocated any tickets to any purchaser at this time. All customers who placed a request by the deadline are being treated in exactly the same manner and we have not accepted any additional requests after the original order deadline. Further, we will not launch the next round of sales to the general public until the Ticket Allocation and Confirmation Phase is completed.

We realize that many people are anxious to know the results of their request and have been frustrated by this delay. We are working as hard as possible to create the best possible situation for our customers.

We thank you for your continued patience.

Regards,

Adam Wixted

Director of Sales, CoSport

Well CoSport dont know what they are doing.

I have heard through my contacts that other agents in other areas are already confirming tickets, and have taken the next round of ticket applications.

For the international ticketing orders for international agents such as CoSport

Round 1 Closed April and was allocated in July

Round 2 Opens in October and will be confirmed in October

Tickets that have completly sold out - All sessions of boxing, Swimming, ceremonies, many sessions of hockey, gymnastics, C catagory tickets to many athletics events, badminton and table tennis, water polo finals and basketball finals.

A National Olympic Committee President sent me this report from BOCOG so if you are after any information about what has sold out, just ask and I can report it from the BOCOG update sheet.

That is why I dont order trhough CoSport because they are too big - you have to go to other sources to get your tickets for the premium events. I tried two agents who are also in Australia but the both refused to sell to me, so I went outside the square and got my tickets another way.

I have been speaking fairly regularly to Owen at CoSport in Australia.

He has told me that the issue they are having at the moment is that BOCOG have not confirmed final numbers with them for the international allotment. In some events the contracted numbers are determined by the IFs, in others it is on a supply and demand basis. I have checked in with a couple of my IOC contacts in the Asian region who have confirmed that absolutely NO international allotments have been turned over. BOCOG have basically stuffed up the first phase of sales - thus the continual delays with getting payments from Mainland Chinese buyers. They have f*cked it up royally and are now scrambling to rectify the issue.

Other options include Sinohotel - they have an allotment directly form BOCOG's internal sale and are selling them without an accomodation requirement. No ceremony tickets though.

I have also checked and there are a number of Boxing sessions that have not reached capacity. Swimming, ceremonies, and gymnastics are full, as is Diving apparently - however I have heard other reports that there are some high end Diving tickets available. Basketballa nd Hockey still have many tickets. Also Table Tennis and Badminton are apparently sold out, with the martial arts not far behind.

NOC - please PM me with who you have tickets through as I can check them out - or can you email me the BOCOG report so I can have a look? bidlibrary@gmail.com

That is why I dont order trhough CoSport because they are too big - you have to go to other sources to get your tickets for the premium events. I tried two agents who are also in Australia but the both refused to sell to me, so I went outside the square and got my tickets another way.

By going outside the authorized channels, how sure are you that the 'tickets' you are getting are legitimate?

By going outside the authorized channels, how sure are you that the 'tickets' you are getting are legitimate?

Becuase it is legitimate as it is a resident in another country purchasing tickets for both of us through an official channel. Anyone in Europe can order through any agent from europe as well, not just the one allocated to the NOC. It is a pooling of tickets.

Becuase it is legitimate as it is a resident in another country purchasing tickets for both of us through an official channel. Anyone in Europe can order through any agent from europe as well, not just the one allocated to the NOC. It is a pooling of tickets.

I understand that. But I guess each one does it differently. But I would think Cosport (probably having the biggest chunk of orders outside BOCOG and dealing with the more important Olympic countries), would get the FIRST confirmed release of tix over smaller outlets.

Will call Cosport tomorrow to find out if that Adam Wixted is a legit person.

What I don't understand is why Cosport has to wait for an additional allotment? What? THeir computer will break down past the first lottery? :blink:

What I don't understand is why Cosport has to wait for an additional allotment? What? THeir computer will break down past the first lottery? :blink:

Because BOCOG have not held up their end of the deal according to a number of sources. The international allocation is one of the smallest ever - and considering the capacity of a number of venues the ticket break down is abysmal.

OMG! An outside source (another country) just informed me that BOCOG is only giviing 30, repeat 30 tix, for each event and each category. If this is true, then the US allotment, and Canada, and Australia, etc. (Cosport's countries) are just 90 tix (30 per price category) for the OC? How stupid can BOCOG be?

I've heard CoSport's allotmant for the Opening Ceremony is 1500-1800 tickets and the Closing 2500 - 3000 tickets. Other events vary due to different capacities put its approximately 5-8% access to most sporting events - meaning that live sales can dip into this tally above and beyond the original allotment. It is not a huge amount, but at least some tickets will be available.

I've heard CoSport's allotmant for the Opening Ceremony is 1500-1800 tickets and the Closing 2500 - 3000 tickets. Other events vary due to different capacities put its approximately 5-8% access to most sporting events - meaning that live sales can dip into this tally above and beyond the original allotment. It is not a huge amount, but at least some tickets will be available.

So it's up to Cosport how they break it down amongst their 5 or 6 territories?