Which City In 2020?

Torch Bearer 10000 Club

Group: Premium Members

Member No.: 351

QUOTE(Tanaka_Ray @ Sep 14 2007, 05:35 AM)

Sorry, I forgot about this cities

Paris, France

Baku, Azerbaijan

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Istanbul, Turkey

But if Chicago win 2016, I think 2020 will be new frontiers war... so 2020 strong candidate are

Capetown/Durban, South Africa

Rio/Sao Paolo, Brazil

I hope more cities come from that region like

Cairo, Egypt

Lagos, Nigeria

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Santiago, Chile

U're going thru a whole long list again -- most of which I already listed. At this point, even 6 years from 2013, surely cities like Cairo and Lagos aren't going to figure in the mix. Paris will wait for 2024.

What makes you think cities like Cairo and Lagos aren't going to bid in 6 years from 2013? For your information Lagos is building a new ultra modern city outside of the former one very soon, to take care of some international related activities.

I know you are kidding.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

If Rio looses the 2016 Bid, so Africa would be the best option for 2020.

Ah! Another pint:

if Chicago win 2016, I think 2020 will be new frontiers war... (I don't think USA has a succesful race in the 2016 procedure. May be for 2020. Remember THE IOC POLICIES!!!!!!) so 2020 strong candidate are

Capetown/Durban, South Africa : THE MOST CERTAIN.

Rio/Sao Paolo, Brazil: WILL BRAZIL BE CAPABLE TO BID AGAIN? THAT'S THE QUESTION.

I hope more cities come from that region like

Cairo, Egypt. NO, I DO NOT THINK SO

Lagos, Nigeria... DOES IT HAVE A SPORT TRADITION?

Buenos Aires, Argentina BS AIRES DID IT FOR 2004 GAMES. THE CRITICS WERE ENORMOUS, AND IT WAS JUST FOR DISTRACT THE POLITICAL TENSION AT THAT TIME.

Santiago, Chile JAJAJAJA!!! IT IS THE BEST JOKE I HAVE EVER HEARD! (I am Chilean)

http://spf.fotologs.net/photo/63/6/70/nach...193006419_f.jpg

When Rogge took the chair of President he said clearly IOC intends to open the games to the entire world and not make the Olympics the privilege of just some few countries.

Rogge attended the Pan Am games and encouraged Brazil to bid, by saying Rio is a strong candidate, something that had been never said (remember Brazil failed twice in 2008 and 2012). That why I am saying that. I am not based on my intention for Brazil to host, but in the IOC president speeches, bid history, etc.

When Rogge took the chair of President he said clearly IOC intends to open the games to the entire world and not make the Olympics the privilege of just some few countries.

Of course, he will say that. But it ultimately depends on the other 110 members of the IOC. They make the decision -- and perhaps the 4 or 5 on the short list will each put up a good fight -- but it will all come down to some 60 votes. What he says and how the members vote are 2 ENTIRELY different matters. He cannot endorse one city over another, therefore it will mostly depend on how the cities sell themselves to the IOC members.

After the election of Beijing 2008 and Sochi 2014, any city from any country can become the next Olympic City. It is very possible that Rio de Janeiro would host the games in 2016. So, if Capte Town bids, it is for sure that Africa would host their first Olympic Games. That decission would make nearly sure that the Olympics go back to Eastern Europe for the second time after 44 years, and the best choice could be Prague, Budapest or Istanbul.

So, if Capte Town bids, it is for sure that Africa would host their first Olympic Games. That decission would make nearly sure that the Olympics go back to Eastern Europe for the second time after 44 years

Nothing, but nothing, is certain or predictable when it comes to the Olympic bidding process. So, if Cape Town bids for 2020 it is NOT for sure that Africa would host their first Olympic Games. If Cape Town wins it would NOT have any bearing on the following Olympics other than the fact that they won't be in Africa and will probably not be in the continent of the 2016 host. Saying it would almost certainly be in Eastern Europe in 2024 is a really outlandish statement.

If Rio or Tokyo wins 2016 and Cape Town wins 2020 then North America would have to be a possibility for 2024. Any European city, whether from East or West, will have a great chance of 2024 if the previous two Games aren't in Europe. Asian cities will also want in for 2024 if by 2017 (the year of the election) the last Asian games were in Beijing.

You're brave to make such predictions. I'm not saying you shouldn't (they're quite entertaining to read) but I don't think you or anyone else would have evidence to back up such strong convictions this early on.

Assuming Chicago gets 2016, 2020 will be a VERY interesting race.

I'm seeing it as a Rio, Capetown, New Delhi race (assuming the Indians will actually grow a pair and submit a bid finally).

An olympics in anyone of these fantastic cities would be amazing.

If 2016 were to go to Sheekago, it's highly unlikely that 2020 would go to Rio. As the 2020 selection would be in 2013, South Africa (if they did a bang-up job for WC 2010) would be the strongest candidate.

Delhi, I dunno? There's always that Kashmiri problem and India will have to ramp up its athletic prowess.

Rio? Again, the vote will be in 2013 -- so 2014 hasn't happened. PLUS, it's highly unlikely that one city only 2 time zones away gets the next Games. Has not happened yet in the post-WW2 era.

Let's go back to my original message:

This will be the initial field of 2020 bidders. What will it narrow down to?

1. Abuja

2. Baku

3. Capetown

4. Delhi

5. Istanbul

6. Madrid

7. Prague

8. Qatar

9. Rio de Janeiro

10. Roma

11. Tokyo

Beleive me, Bro! Nigerians nowhere they belong. We cannot put in on games we cannot deliver. For the list there some of them are threat to our chances but, one thing is that by 2020 Abuja would have be beautifully constructed to be in a better position to do so.

1. Abuja - Too crapy with James in it !

2. Baku - No way ! I prefer Moscow

3. Capetown - Strong Contender , its theirs to lose

4. Delhi - India has enough problem with the CWG let alone Olympics

5. Istanbul - Everyone's favourite city ! I would its chances are 50:50

6. Madrid - Great Bid , its about time Spain hosted again. The only letdown is its location

7. Prague - I think 2016 is only for experience. They'll be serious if they bid again in 2020. Once again , Location is a factor

8. Qatar - No No No Never ! With them being so anti Israel , there is no chance of winning.

9. Rio de Janeiro - Another Strong Contender if they don't win 2016 !

10. Roma - Why not ? Its only factor is the location

11. Tokyo - Its has the money. I am sure IOC will consider this bid after all it has done for Europe ..

I would like to see these cities bid too !

*Berlin - Depite being in Europe , I have a soft spot for em. After all that hosting , its high time they bid again !

*Kuala Lumpur - It would be an excellent way to celebrate Wawasan 2020

*Buenos Aries - I think the IOC would like to have another SA bid besides Rio.

1. Abuja - Too crapy with James in it !

2. Baku - No way ! I prefer Moscow

3. Capetown - Strong Contender , its theirs to lose

4. Delhi - India has enough problem with the CWG let alone Olympics

5. Istanbul - Everyone's favourite city ! I would its chances are 50:50

6. Madrid - Great Bid , its about time Spain hosted again. The only letdown is its location

7. Prague - I think 2016 is only for experience. They'll be serious if they bid again in 2020. Once again , Location is a factor

8. Qatar - No No No Never ! With them being so anti Israel , there is no chance of winning.

9. Rio de Janeiro - Another Strong Contender if they don't win 2016 !

10. Roma - Why not ? Its only factor is the location

11. Tokyo - Its has the money. I am sure IOC will consider this bid after all it has done for Europe ..

I would like to see these cities bid too !

*Berlin - Depite being in Europe , I have a soft spot for em. After all that hosting , its high time they bid again !

*Kuala Lumpur - It would be an excellent way to celebrate Wawasan 2020

*Buenos Aries - I think the IOC would like to have another SA bid besides Rio.

Hey, boy! Don't you ever use my name in vain. If you can't comment rightly about a topic just have yourself some vodka and think about your past.

Archived